[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

Well, you can still get the shaper shield with +1 totems and you can even merge it with other influences now.
So potential more powercreep.
Most things come down to what the new influences deliver because everything else is still available. Just a bit harder to come by.
It seems no chances for us in patch notes :D
"
Jaccob wrote:
It seems no chances for us in patch notes :D

FP received visual improvements :P
EZ +1 level for FP from awakened added cold damage :)
Last edited by faraddox on Dec 11, 2019, 8:11:44 PM
Well, I didn't expect that. The build should get a huge boost from the new Awakened Curse on Hit support. We'll now get much cleaner access to both Frostbite and Projectile Weakness.
Greetings,

First of all, I would like to say to everyone reading this thread/post just looking for a good build to play, you're in the right place.

With this build you can experience a smooth and enjoyable playthrough, where you can do all content, from day 1 to farming/slapping Uber Elder. You also can self-craft all your gear using all kinds of currency (alts, regals, fossil, chaos spam,etc) and learn a lot of aspects about the game.

Every league I take a peek to Wallach and VisorX guides to see what you guys are doing. I have about 1000++ hours playing only Freezing Pulse Totems / Hiero and played a severel variations of it.

My current setup, not easy but also not hard. Not tweaked. I work and have a child, don't have time for this.

Balanced resists

The only upgrade missing: Watcher's Eye with double Hatred + Shaped Essence Worm Ring (you don't need this. all content is trivial)

https://imgur.com/a/BQbUZwK

Lets wait to see the new rolls/items.
Keep the good work.

Best regards,
Riddim
Last edited by riddim on Dec 11, 2019, 9:43:01 PM
Awakened curse on hit is unreal.

What would we build it into? FrostBomb?
Last edited by boris_37 on Dec 11, 2019, 10:08:58 PM
"
boris_37 wrote:
So we really need to build into this as a expensive build option, Awakened curse on hit which will now give 2 curses + chance to apply to hexproof. Potentially using stormbrand or something? I'm not sure how this should be used but it has a lot of really interesting benefits.

I assume most of the other awakened gems are high tier exalt level replacements of added cold, cold pen etc.

Yeah, we'll definitely want the Awakened Curse on Hit in an ideal world, though I expect it to be extremely costly (maybe in the same range as Atziri's Reflection).

I think the most sensible option is using our Frost Bomb 4L to set it up:

Frost Bomb -> Spell Cascade (Awakened option) -> Awakened Curse on Hit -> Projectile Weakness
"
Wallach wrote:
"
boris_37 wrote:
So we really need to build into this as a expensive build option, Awakened curse on hit which will now give 2 curses + chance to apply to hexproof. Potentially using stormbrand or something? I'm not sure how this should be used but it has a lot of really interesting benefits.

I assume most of the other awakened gems are high tier exalt level replacements of added cold, cold pen etc.

Yeah, we'll definitely want the Awakened Curse on Hit in an ideal world, though I expect it to be extremely costly (maybe in the same range as Atziri's Reflection).

I think the most sensible option is using our Frost Bomb 4L to set it up:

Frost Bomb -> Spell Cascade (Awakened option) -> Awakened Curse on Hit -> Projectile Weakness

And where will second curse go from? Selfcasting? Only socketed with curse on hit gem will have +1 curse limit, so we always have to use other curse before frost bomb in this case and never after.
Last edited by faraddox on Dec 11, 2019, 10:14:17 PM
"
faraddox wrote:
And where will second curse go from? Selfcasting?

Yeah, this build normally runs self-cast curse to trigger a fairly high level Arcane Surge. So Frostbite will stay there and we'd move the lower cost Projectile Weakness into the Awakened Curse on Hit setup.

Mind you this new setup is going to be a very late game gearing thing, and I could easily see that gem being 10ex or higher.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info