[3.17] Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems (No Further Updates)

"
HardSide wrote:

Can you help me out here? I die a lot. What can I Improve?

I did some quick math with that gear and you total following resists after A10?

86 cold
0 fire
29 light

Not taking in account cold resist from the tree but it's already capped out so no use.
Get 75 all resists and you'll stop taking a lot of damage. Getting capped resistance should be the main focus before DPS.
Can't do damage if you're dead

Here is my gear after a 16 hour session of going from lvl 1-80. Think I'll save up first for a 6 link chest then upgrade another weapon slot since my resists are all capped atm.
I did a red map without problem already, metamorphs die without effort and just running around so that's fun.
If anyone has other suggestions lmk! Great guide overall dude, ignore my last comment about the league start & pob build tree
Last edited by zotox on Jan 1, 2020, 12:44:00 PM
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:

I would just go by the skillgem setup that Wallach details in the OP.

By some of the suggestions I miss the quality or the level. Which should we corrupt to lvl 21, which to quality 23%? Of course we talk here about the "endgame", but you wanna start as early as possible with the perfect setup.

And thanks for the long answer. I will change my list with your informations, as soon as the open questions are answered. Great work, much appreciate it!
"
zotox wrote:
"
HardSide wrote:

Can you help me out here? I die a lot. What can I Improve?

I did some quick math with that gear and you total following resists after A10?

86 cold
0 fire
29 light

Not taking in account cold resist from the tree but it's already capped out so no use.
Get 75 all resists and you'll stop taking a lot of damage. Getting capped resistance should be the main focus before DPS.
Can't do damage if you're dead

Here is my gear after a 16 hour session of going from lvl 1-80. Think I'll save up first for a 6 link chest then upgrade another weapon slot since my resists are all capped atm.
I did a red map without problem already, metamorphs die without effort and just running around so that's fun.
If anyone has other suggestions lmk! Great guide overall dude, ignore my last comment about the league start & pob build tree

No my resistance is over 75...but i will change the totem jewel as somebody mentioned and hopefully get more life on boots
So, actual the setup should be more or less:

Primary damage links in order of priority:
Freezing Pulse (lvl 21/23%) -> Awakened Controlled Destruction (lvl 5 or 6/20%) -> Hypothermia (lvl 20/20%) -> Awakened Added Cold Damage (lvl 5 or 6/20%) -> Awakened Cold Penetration (lvl 5 or 6/20%) -> Empower (lvl 4)

Offensive support 4-link:
Freezing Pulse (?/?) -> Awakened Curse on Hit (?/?) -> Projectile Weakness (?/?) -> Frostbite (?/?)
OR
Projectile Weakness (lvl 20/20%) -> Arcane Surge (lvl ?/?%) -> Increased Duration (lvl 20/20%) -> Spell Cascade (?/?%)

Frost Bomb (?/?) -> Awakened Spell Cascade (?/?) -> Arcane Surge (?/?) -> Increased Duration (?/?)

Utility support 4-link:
Steelskin (lvl 19 / no quality) -> Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 17 / no quality) -> Increased Duration (lvl 20 / 20%) -> (Your Choice,Vaal Righteous Fire (max lvl))

Movement support 3-link:
Flame Dash (lvl 20/20%) -> Increased Duration (?/?) -> Arcane Surge (?/?)

Damage support 3-link:
Cold Snap (lvl 7/ 20%) -> Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 1/?%) -> Bonechill (lvl 20/ 20%)

Still some of gems level and quality missed. And we have a completly 4L-setup open.
Last edited by Firderis on Jan 1, 2020, 2:36:46 PM
How do you add these modifiers to the soul mantle?

Last edited by ebranton on Jan 1, 2020, 2:56:06 PM
Hey Firderis,

Actually, I don't think I really mentioned Arcane Surge although I'm certain Wallach does go into detail in his guide. You have 2 choices really with regards to arcane surge level. Either you have it at a level where every cast of your curse or flame dash proc's it or you have it at a level where every couple of casts procs it. I've not really gotten my character to the point where I know that is for my setup but I expect it to be in the region of 11 or 12 for the single cast proc and level 16 for the dual cast. Quality on arcane surge isn't really important so you can skip that if you want.

I think with regards to the other skills maybe Wallach will update the guide to include the ideal levels & quality in all instances but for the most part it should be pretty easy to work out.

Take increased duration and quality. The quality just gives extra duration so there isn't really isn't going to be many if any instances where you would use the support gem and not want to benefit from the quality. I would personally always flip them but I can understand if people choose not to bother.

OTOH if we look at CWDT the quality on it gives increased damage to supported skills. Do we actually care about that? Well, no, not particularly. At least in the case of it being linked to Steelskin as Steelskin does no damage anyway. In relation to Cold Snap it shouldn't matter either since we have Ancestral Bond our Cold Snap doesn't deal damage anyway.

It would probably be a good idea to maybe use this as a learning experience - look at what the quality does for each skill / support and think through is this beneficial or not. I'm sure you will be able to figure out most of them. If not then I can't think you will ever really go wrong having quality on anything. At worst it will be useless but I can't think it will ever actually harm the build.

If you have a specific query about a particular skill gem or support I'm sure somebody will be happy to answer the question.

@Ebranton Those are vaal modifiers. In this case since there are two mods the owner of the Soul Mantle used the T3 Corruption Altar in the Temple of Atzoatl to gamble destroying his item completely for the chance of getting some good extra mods. Typically you are more likely to brick an item than you are to get something good!!
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Jan 1, 2020, 3:08:01 PM
I crafted this today. Is it not worth multi Modding though unless I get a third strong affix first?

https://imgur.com/a/QaB95AL
Last edited by Ubermonster on Jan 1, 2020, 5:46:17 PM
"
Ubermonster wrote:
I crafted this today. Is it not worth multi Modding though unless I get a third strong affix first?

https://imgur.com/a/QaB95AL

It's not worth crafting in general, you haven't got a prefix which you need since multimod is a suffix, and the two mods you do have while good aren't T1.

You want spell power/cold damage and crit multi T1 at minimum, then one of the other stats (probably shapers % cold as chaos but you'd have to check pob since the nerf).

Edit to add, the +1 cold spell skill gems mod is mandatory. If you don't hit that it's not worth crafting.
Last edited by aastr on Jan 1, 2020, 8:03:49 PM
Hi guys. As previously posted in this guide, I played and thoroughly enjoyed this build. Now, I am moving on to some other builds and would like to sell my remaining gear. Listed as follows below:

21ex - 20ex if you refer to this forum post

4.5ex - 4ex if you refer to this forum post

3.6ex - 3.1 ex if you refer to this forum post

Great build, thanks again Wallach - glhf everyone!
"
ApathyAry wrote:
Hi guys. As previously posted in this guide, I played and thoroughly enjoyed this build. Now, I am moving on to some other builds and would like to sell my remaining gear. Listed as follows below:

21ex - 20ex if you refer to this forum post

4.5ex - 4ex if you refer to this forum post

3.6ex - 3.1 ex if you refer to this forum post

Great build, thanks again Wallach - glhf everyone!

I'll take the wand. Messaged you in game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info