This December we're teaming up with community streamer Zizaran to host a huge boss kill event where Path of Exile's best players can compete to kill the hardest boss in Conquerors of the Atlas while playing in Hardcore, Solo Self-found mode. Alongside the US$30,000 cash that Zizaran will award to winners, we have provided $23,750 of some of Path of Exile's best microtransactions.
How to Participate
This event runs for the first month of the Conquerors of the Atlas release (which starts on December 13, US time). Only characters played in the Metamorph HC SSF league will be counted for prizes, as the purpose of the event is to provide the hardest challenge that Path of Exile's best players have ever encountered.
In Conquerors of the Atlas, you can place Watchstones in Citadels on the Atlas. These level up your maps and make defeating The Awakener more difficult. Only kills with a fully-Watchstoned Atlas will be counted.
We have created a custom ladder
with both order and number of kills of The Awakener.
Here is the ladder
that records the order that players kill The Awakener with a fully-Watchstoned Atlas in the Metamorph HC SSF league. Zizaran's US$30,000 of cash prizes will be distributed as follows:
- First Place: $8000
- Second Place: $4000
- Third Place: $2000
- Fourth-fifteenth Place: $500
- First Atziri Kill: $500 (in the Apex of Sacrifice, not Temple of Atzoatl)
- First Uber Atziri Kill: $2000
- First Shaper Kill: $1000
- First Elder Kill: $500 (was initially incorrectly listed as $1000)
- First Uber Elder Kill: $2000
- Deepest Delve: $4000 (calculated one month after the league starts)
Randomly-drawn Microtransaction Prizes
Every kill of The Awakener with a fully-Watchstoned Atlas in the Metamorph HC SSF league is being recorded on a ladder
that tracks how many kills each player has scored. When the event ends (exactly one month after the league starts, at noon on January 13th (PST) or Jan 13, 2020 3:00 PM (EST) in your local time), we will randomly select twenty
players from that list (weighted by how many kills they managed). These players will receive a massive bundle of our most popular microtransactions - all of the following (totalling $1187.50 of value per winner):
- Celestial Armour Set, Darkprism Weapon Skin, Celestial Weapon Effect, Celestial Steam-powered Portal Effect, Celestial Character Effect, Celestial Wings, Celestial Footprints, Celestial Herald and Celestial Cat Pet;
- Sin and Innocence Armour Set, Sin and Innocence Sword, Sin Weapon Effect, Sin and Innocence Portal, Sin Character Effect, Sin and Innocence Wings, Sin and Innocence Footprints Effect, Sin Herald and Sin and Innocence Sword Pet;
- Automaton Armour Set, Automaton Sword, Automaton Weapon Effect, Automaton Portal, Automaton Character Effect, Automaton Footprints, Automaton Herald, Automaton Wings and Automaton Pet;
- Transcendence Armour, Transcendence Dagger, Huntsman Weapon Effect, Transcendence Portal, Huntsman Character Effect, Transcendence Wings, Transcendence Footprints, Huntsman Aura Effect and Huntsman Dragonfly Pet
- Dragon Hunter Armour, Dragon Hunter Sword, Dragon Hunter Weapon Effect, Dragon Hunter Portal, Dragon Hunter Character Effect, Dragon Hunter Wings, Dragon Hunter Footprints, Lava Aura Effect and Dragon Hunter Pet.
- Placings and prize eligibility are entirely at the discretion of Grinding Gear Games.
- The winners of cash prizes must be able to receive a PayPal payment from Zizaran in order to be eligible to receive it.
- While the event being SSF reduces a lot of scope for outside help, any form of account sharing will disqualify a player from receiving prizes.
- The cash prizes are only available to players playing on our PC realm, but players who manage to meet the criteria on Console realms will also be eligible for the microtransaction prizes.
- Grinding Gear Games Employees (and Zizaran) are not eligible for prizes.
- Only valid (maxed-Watchstone) Awakener-kills in the Metamorph HC SSF league are eligible for prizes. Dying or migrating your character out of the league doesn't remove prize eligibility as long as the kill occurred while in the league.
|Posted by Natalia_GGG
on Dec 3, 2019, 4:59:58 PM
Grinding Gear Games