can i use my PoE account to play on steam ? and how ?

I really wanted to play PoE trough steam just to check the time played and such, but idk how to do it, or if i make any mistake i have the risk of losing my account as it can be overwriten by steam account
Last bumped on Dec 5, 2019, 1:09:46 AM
"
matsukeIHDI wrote:
I really wanted to play PoE trough steam just to check the time played and such, but idk how to do it, or if i make any mistake i have the risk of losing my account as it can be overwriten by steam account

You can use your PoE account on steam and you do this by "linking" it with your steam account.
However the PoE client on steam is very "agressive" on your harddrive so I don't think you will be very happy with the result.

Feel free to e-mail GGG support directly about this and how to do this.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:

Thx man, didn't have it when I posted. :)
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
matsukeIHDI wrote:

You can use your PoE account on steam and you do this by "linking" it with your steam account.
However the PoE client on steam is very "agressive" on your harddrive so I don't think you will be very happy with the result.

Feel free to e-mail GGG support directly about this and how to do this.

what u mean by agrssive ?
"
Sarno wrote:

thx <3
that the steam client is very slow to do updates and takes up lots of disc space when it updates.
Linking your Path of Exile account with your Steam account should allow you to play the game through both the Steam and standalone clients without losing any of your progress. As Sarno has mentioned, you can do this here: https://www.pathofexile.com/my-account/steam

If you're having trouble with this (such as if you're receiving an error message) please feel free to send an email to support@grindinggear.com and we'd be happy to look into this further with you :)
"
Scott_GGG wrote:
Linking your Path of Exile account with your Steam account should allow you to play the game through both the Steam and standalone clients without losing any of your progress. As Sarno has mentioned, you can do this here: https://www.pathofexile.com/my-account/steam

If you're having trouble with this (such as if you're receiving an error message) please feel free to send an email to support@grindinggear.com and we'd be happy to look into this further with you :)

done linked already worked perfectly =)
Last edited by elesham4ever on Feb 15, 2020, 12:52:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info