Oils on Ps4

Just reporting a reply made on the main thread in this section.

I didn't play Blight cause I don't play leagues, but for what I've heard it was almost unplayable on ps4 and I mean, I can easily believe that,seen the overall performances of the game on the console.
So I can understand why it's not going core.
With that being said we all know that "the fixes" to bring Blight in the core game will eventually occur with the new console generation, surely not before it.
So, how about making console player able to get oils from some other mechanic?
Oils open a good amount of possibilities for builds that whiteout them won't be possibile.
Just implement oils in some other ways until blight hit the console core game.
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2019, 5:56:15 PM
Did you read the development manifest?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2683094

"Blight will not be present during the main storyline campaign. Once you reach Maps, Blight encounters will spawn in 10% of map areas you enter. Every encounter will drop at least one Oil or Blighted Map. The chance of Blighted Maps dropping has been significantly increased compared to their previous drop rate."
Last edited by sotton420 on Dec 2, 2019, 12:07:25 AM
"
sotton420 wrote:
Did you read the development manifest?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2683094

"Blight will not be present during the main storyline campaign. Once you reach Maps, Blight encounters will spawn in 10% of map areas you enter. Every encounter will drop at least one Oil or Blighted Map. The chance of Blighted Maps dropping has been significantly increased compared to their previous drop rate."

I did, did you?

" After a lot of internal discussion, we have decided to integrate Blight into the core game on PC with the release of 3.9.0. For now, Blight won't be added to Core Path of Exile on console platforms due to some performance problems we need to solve."

Last edited by Asra101010 on Dec 2, 2019, 3:38:29 AM
I second this. Up until this point I feel like we have gotten the "full" Path of Exile experience as much as we can on console, performance aside.

By removing Blight(and it's drops most importantly) from console I feel like we're starting to get a watered down version which makes me question the money I've invested this far.

I think Console needs a Blight solution at the start or very early in the next league, even if it's not akin to Betrayal (less spawns more rewards).

Something like Blight chests with Uniques and oils possible as options for Legion, Delve etc. Some way to obtain oils so that we have access to the content on some level.

I understand and accept that Blighted maps being an impossible prospect to add without bigger performance enhancements.
They will add, but not for now. You didn't play Blight league, right? it's almost unplayable!!!!! So, we have to wait or you want do play this game with 1 FPS?
"
sotton420 wrote:
They will add, but not for now. You didn't play Blight league, right? it's almost unplayable!!!!! So, we have to wait or you want do play this game with 1 FPS?

Dude, seriously, make this huge effort to try reading stuff before you comment on them, because you replied 2 times in this topic and both of the times you were completely out of track.
Last edited by Asra101010 on Dec 2, 2019, 12:05:58 PM
"
sotton420 wrote:

Decided to use my PS4 login rather than my ancient PC one to confirm for you. I actually played a lot of Blight(my first Shaper, Red Elder and UE kills were all Blight)

And I agree, the Blight gameplay was not good on PS4. It was not the only thing that resulted in low FPS and I've had 1 frame every 10-15 seconds at times. High tier Legion, "cannot be killed" mobs, shocking ground, end game Vaal Summon Skeletons all cause huge performance issues.

But what I'm saying is, if we as console players don't have access to Blight Oils and Blight uniques, regardless of where we're getting them from, then we get a lesser game without the full PoE build experience.

To sum up:

- OK = Remove Blight and Blighted Maps
- NOT OK = Remove Blight Oils and Uniques
"
megajenius wrote:
"
sotton420 wrote:

Decided to use my PS4 login rather than my ancient PC one to confirm for you. I actually played a lot of Blight(my first Shaper, Red Elder and UE kills were all Blight)

And I agree, the Blight gameplay was not good on PS4. It was not the only thing that resulted in low FPS and I've had 1 frame every 10-15 seconds at times. High tier Legion, "cannot be killed" mobs, shocking ground, end game Vaal Summon Skeletons all cause huge performance issues.
To sum up:

- OK = Remove Blight and Blighted Maps
- NOT OK = Remove Blight Oils and Uniques

Exactly.
Right now there are countless things more important than oils for poe on console. (improving stability, fixing trade, implementing chat...)
"
Faceman165 wrote:
Right now there are countless things more important than oils for poe on console. (improving stability, fixing trade, implementing chat...)

Exactly.

GGG didn't said blight will not come to consoles on 3.9, we only have to wait a bit, like the delve tab. Why asking to GGG to drop oil from somewhere if they don't introduced before 3.9, obviosly they don't have time to do or don't want to make 2 different games for 3 platforms. It's better wait GGG make improvements on this game then make something that they will take off after. And i'm out of track... lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info