New Bow Support Gems in Path of Exile: Conquerors of the Atlas

"
both of these supports will have lower damage multipliers than they currently do, making them more attractive both for levelling and as endgame options.
Isn't this a nerf? Why would a lower multiplier make the supports more attractive? Or is this a (implied) double negative ('lower fractional damage multipliers', ie: a higher multiplier but lower 'less': maybe 20-10% less rather than 35-26% which corresponds to a .8 to .9 multiplier vs a .65 to .74 multiplier (which is a lower multiplier))?
"
SirGuySW wrote:
"
both of these supports will have lower damage multipliers than they currently do, making them more attractive both for levelling and as endgame options.
Isn't this a nerf? Why would a lower multiplier make the supports more attractive? Or is this a (implied) double negative ('lower fractional damage multipliers', ie: a higher multiplier but lower 'less': maybe 20-10% less rather than 35-26% which corresponds to a .8 to .9 multiplier vs a .65 to .74 multiplier (which is a lower multiplier))?

Natalia isn't exactly a math person, I assume. She's looking at "16% less damage" and "11% less damage" and is saying the latter is a "lower multiplier, which is better". She isn't thinking of the actual underlying multiplier when she says "multiplier", she's talking about the absolute value of the number printed on the gem.
Last edited by codetaku on Nov 26, 2019, 8:28:17 PM
pog
Pretty cool interactions.
Øvè®þðwé® Øvê®®ûn Øvè®çðmé
"
codetaku wrote:
She's looking at "16% less damage" and "11% less damage" and is saying the latter is a "lower multiplier
So we're assuming double negative and that 'multiplier' here just means 'the less stat'. Works for me.
now we just need a bow support gem that tunnels arrows through an 11 dimensional wormhole. i think we already have all other ways to launch arrows.
dayum!
Pogggg lets goooo hype is here.
Arrow Nova is something i wanted to have for non-traps/mines glacial cascade for ages!!! Will this dream come true as well someday? make glacial cascade great again pls
Screen shake is cancer.
Last edited by Notgorghor on Nov 26, 2019, 8:53:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info