[3.12 Ready] CoC Discharge Assassin - 10M+ Shaper DPS

"
diego_pok wrote:
whats the asp breakpoints?

Exactly 8 aps seems to be something to aim for, but that'll be really hard to achieve unless you get some attack speed on jewels/gloves. Honestly, the 3.12 Video I did I was running with 6.9 aps and I was discharging 3/4 times per second anyway.
Hey, I really like the idea of this build it's the first CoC build i'll be playing, i just finished with kaom & daresso and switched over to CoC like you say you usually do for the rest of the levelling process, but i feel like i'm missing something.

the dps is absolutely terrible with a 5L volls protector, cyclone > cast on crit > discharge > increased crits > power charge on crit, using dual ungils gauche.

i was barely able to kill piety, and struggle even taking out the 3 mini-bosses collecting malachais organs.

Am i missing something? I have the endless misery jewel and it doesn't seem to help too much atm.. is it better to hold off on going for CoC until you get volls devotion too to add endurance charges aswell as power charges?

thanks

edit: after i got volls devotion it made the build a lot better pretty much instantly, so for anyone else i'd recommend not going into CoC until having both volls protector and the necklace too. (unless i'm still missing something that would make the build work with just volls protector)
Last edited by jimmate on Sep 29, 2020, 7:21:04 PM
"
jimmate wrote:
Hey, I really like the idea of this build it's the first CoC build i'll be playing, i just finished with kaom & daresso and switched over to CoC like you say you usually do for the rest of the levelling process, but i feel like i'm missing something.

the dps is absolutely terrible with a 5L volls protector, cyclone > cast on crit > discharge > increased crits > power charge on crit, using dual ungils gauche.

i was barely able to kill piety, and struggle even taking out the 3 mini-bosses collecting malachais organs.

Am i missing something? I have the endless misery jewel and it doesn't seem to help too much atm.. is it better to hold off on going for CoC until you get volls devotion too to add endurance charges aswell as power charges?

thanks

Hey. I checked out your char in Heist, and I see you haven't done Lab so far. Doing Normal/Cruel lab will help a lot, trust me. If you are struggling with crit, take Ambush And Assassinate from Normal lab. If you feel like your crit is fine, get Unstable Infusion first. As auras go start using Herald of Ice + War Banner + Zealotry (instead of Haste). Start running diamond flask, to crit more often, thus resulting in more power charges = more damage. Try to make your way over to Elemental Equilibrium as soon as possible, then drop both Ungil's and get any rare dagger, that has decent attack speed and crit chance (preferably with no elemental damage to attacks apart from cold since you don't want to ruin benefit of -% Res on enemies for Lightning/Fire).
"
Sallynátor wrote:
"
jimmate wrote:

thanks

Hey. I checked out your char in Heist, and I see you haven't done Lab so far. Doing Normal/Cruel lab will help a lot, trust me. If you are struggling with crit, take Ambush And Assassinate from Normal lab. If you feel like your crit is fine, get Unstable Infusion first. As auras go start using Herald of Ice + War Banner + Zealotry (instead of Haste). Start running diamond flask, to crit more often, thus resulting in more power charges = more damage. Try to make your way over to Elemental Equilibrium as soon as possible, then drop both Ungil's and get any rare dagger, that has decent attack speed and crit chance (preferably with no elemental damage to attacks apart from cold since you don't want to ruin benefit of -% Res on enemies for Lightning/Fire).

hey thanks a bunch, yeah after clearing the first lab and getting my hands on a volls devotion neck the build already runs a lot smoother and is having no trouble in terms of damage now. pretty much as soon as i got the necklace it improved drastically, i went and got a diamond flask from my other character too and it helps a lot. will go towards EE asap then, i was planning on going for some more +max power charges first but now with getting power + end charges i guess EE would be better.

thanks again, really cool build.
"
jimmate wrote:
"
Sallynátor wrote:
"
jimmate wrote:

thanks

hey thanks a bunch, yeah after clearing the first lab and getting my hands on a volls devotion neck the build already runs a lot smoother and is having no trouble in terms of damage now. pretty much as soon as i got the necklace it improved drastically, i went and got a diamond flask from my other character too and it helps a lot. will go towards EE asap then, i was planning on going for some more +max power charges first but now with getting power + end charges i guess EE would be better.

thanks again, really cool build.

EE is insane, especially since you have Voll's Devotion now. With proper setup (no flat lightning and fire damage to attacks), everything you touch will get -50% Lightning/Fire resistance which will boost your damage quite a lot, especially against bosses.
EE is insane, especially since you have Voll's Devotion now. With proper setup (no flat lightning and fire damage to attacks), everything you touch will get -50% Lightning/Fire resistance which will boost your damage quite a lot, especially against bosses. [/quote]

yeah it's great, the only extra damage i have on attacks is cold so like you say it's pretty much permanent -50% resistances.

i assume this is why you use vortex on CWDT too? to trigger EE?

also something i was wondering about is whether it is worth getting a shield with +1 or +2 to minimum frenzy charges, as wouldn't this mess up the bonus damage we get from EE if it adds ice discharges to the mix? but the extra 8% cast & attack speed would be nice.
Last edited by jimmate on Sep 30, 2020, 1:07:11 PM
there's no way mistwalker isn't an instant take in this build.
8/8 anarchy/onslaught
8/8 domination/nemesis
40/40 breach/talisman/harbinger/Abyss
20/20 flashback
"
there's no way mistwalker isn't an instant take in this build.

For faster and safer mapping - Sure

But I rather took Ambush and Assassinate, since it's more damage against low life enemies (33% HP and less), smoother crit chance and Culling strike. Yes, Elusive is nice (Mistwalker), granting you some attack/cast speed, reduced damage taken, some dodge, but it really depends on playstyle tbh.
Are there rules for what element discharge will proc more? Im seeing more lightning then fire proc and i have tried frenzy charges (not using Voll's chest) and im not seeing any cold discharge proccing at all even though my charges are being used - is this a APS issue?
"
RaPsKa wrote:
Are there rules for what element discharge will proc more? Im seeing more lightning then fire proc and i have tried frenzy charges (not using Voll's chest) and im not seeing any cold discharge proccing at all even though my charges are being used - is this a APS issue?

Hello. No, it's not an APS issue. The reason why you see only Lightning discharge goes off is because you discharge more Power charges than Endurance/Frenzy. So if you have 7 Power charges, and 5 Endurance 99% of the time, you'll see lightning discharge go off, but the fire damage is added to it as well, even tho the visual effect doesn't show it, same goes for the Cold (Frenzy) version. The Cold damage is added to discharge, you just see visual effect of discharge that consumed highest amount of charges which is Lightning (Power)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info