[3.8] Trickster Cold Snap / Vortex! 3M DPS+ on Shaper/Elder! HC/SSF Viable!

Build no longer supported. Please refer to new build post!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2684537

Last edited by H4RM4G3DD0N on Dec 2, 2019, 9:15:41 AM
Last bumped on Dec 3, 2019, 3:25:23 PM
Live now! Come hang out!
Last edited by H4RM4G3DD0N on Nov 18, 2019, 10:20:34 PM
Recently crafted an OP wep for the build! Pushing 3mill DPS on Vortex!!
Spoiler
Build updated with a MoM setup for tankier gameplay!
nice guide.

Is there more QoL as Trickster or whats the benefit compared to Occultist (not up to date with Vortex builds)
"
coccoxoxo wrote:
nice guide.

Is there more QoL as Trickster or whats the benefit compared to Occultist (not up to date with Vortex builds)

i personally think occultist is super overrated. Recently my friends and I have pieced together a hybrid build with multiple layers of survival that we are going to be using in hardcore next league.

https://pastebin.com/tgx4sGX4

this is the pastebin if you're curious :)
The biggest PRO an occultist has is stun immune + chill/freeze immune, don't get me wrong here I like trickster as an Ascendancy a lot, but I think because of the Ascendancy that Occultist gives us it's just the more comfy playstyle :)

Nevertheless a rly nice league start for 3.9! Can recommend the playstyle, its very relaxed ;)

Would you go for a weapon that has "trigger socketed spell when using a skill"? Since it invreses the damage even more when taking EE (storm brand/orb of storms/frost bomb socketed in)
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
Last edited by Lyxara on Dec 2, 2019, 2:26:03 AM
"
Lyxara wrote:
The biggest PRO an occultist has is stun immune + chill/freeze immune, don't get me wrong here I like trickster as an Ascendancy a lot, but I think because of the Ascendancy that Occultist gives us it's just the more comfy playstyle :)

Nevertheless a rly nice league start for 3.9! Can recommend the playstyle, its very relaxed ;)

Would you go for a weapon that has "trigger socketed spell when using a skill"? Since it invreses the damage even more when taking EE (storm brand/orb of storms/frost bomb socketed in)

Ive found that EE is unnecessary with the Trickster line of play, we already have plenty of DPS, so anything extra is just not needed. EE puts strain on the limited gem slots we have left. Occultist lacks DPS compared to trickster, so EE is more of a must-have for them, but as a trickster our DPS is overkill.

And yeah, while stun immunity is nice, any solid life based build is gonna have answers to stun, and low-life has Presence of Chayula. I don't think Occultist is better for vortex, as most of the meta seems to think. That being said I will be releasing a newly made Hybrid Vortex build once we're a week away from 3.9 that is going to be my league start, something I've put alot of time into designing, so I am excited to reveal it >:)
looking forward to hybrid version

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info