E Mail change procedure is a joke

Hi,

since i wanted to change my e-mail because i dont have access to the mail account i used when creating an account for this game - the fun starts.

The verification e mail for the e mail change i sent to the old account. i mean - really ? im logged in with my account when i want to change the e mail - there should be no further steps needed - i changed my e mail in several other games already and havent gone throught this problem.

But the fun doesnt stop there. After contacting support i get an e mail that says: "We may be able to look into doing a manual email change, however we will need to go through account verification." After that it says the step that i have to do to change the e mail.

But .... IT DOES NOT SAY that when i actually try to use the service i have to go through since now 6!!!!!! e mails where i always have to deliver several informations that needed like 5-10 minutes to provide. This actually should be mentioned in the first E mail.

After the 6th email now i dont give a shit anymore - the way the company handles this is even letting me think they are making fun of me since the stuff they want me to do actually makes no sense - at least in the last e mail. U should really test it out as a customer if you wanna have a good laugh.

A disappointed customer

Dotzgie

Last bumped on Nov 11, 2019, 2:27:36 PM
"
Dotzgie wrote:
Hi,

since i wanted to change my e-mail because i dont have access to the mail account i used when creating an account for this game - the fun starts.

The verification e mail for the e mail change i sent to the old account. i mean - really ? im logged in with my account when i want to change the e mail - there should be no further steps needed - i changed my e mail in several other games already and havent gone throught this problem.

But the fun doesnt stop there. After contacting support i get an e mail that says: "We may be able to look into doing a manual email change, however we will need to go through account verification." After that it says the step that i have to do to change the e mail.

But .... IT DOES NOT SAY that when i actually try to use the service i have to go through since now 6!!!!!! e mails where i always have to deliver several informations that needed like 5-10 minutes to provide. This actually should be mentioned in the first E mail.

After the 6th email now i dont give a shit anymore - the way the company handles this is even letting me think they are making fun of me since the stuff they want me to do actually makes no sense - at least in the last e mail. U should really test it out as a customer if you wanna have a good laugh.

A disappointed customer

Dotzgie

Support is not "trolling" you here. This procedure is what the manegement of GGG wants it to be (Chris and his minions).

However if it was so easy to get access to accounts (takeover), then it would take a short time before you were here posting again about your account being stolen and account secirity of GGG sucked.
So yeah, it's not an easy process but again it's not supposed to be.
Hey Dotzgie, I'm really sorry for the hassle our verification process has caused.

I understand it can be frustrating, however, we take account security extremely seriously. We want to be 100% sure we don't make any changes to a Path of Exile account without the express permission of the account owner in question. This typically takes a few emails back and forth to verify.

We appreciate your feedback on this though. I've passed your thoughts on this onward now to be taken into consideration. Feel free to PM me or contact us at support@grindinggear.com if you have any questions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info