Brand Limit - Party

I am aware of the general mechanics of Brands and the limits in terms of passives and Runebinder, except for 1 thing.

When you get Runebinder, I know it lets you attach another Brand on an enemy at the cost of a Totem (effectively doubling the dps to an extent). However, what happens if you party with someone who doesn't have it and you do? The wiki entry on Brands doesn't explain this in detail at all. It does say that the number of active Brands though is NOT shared.

Does this mean that 1 brand of your ally + 1 of yours can be attached (so the Brand Attachment Limit behaves like curses) and the oldest brand gets overwritten or are brand attachment limits seperate and 1 of his + 2 of mine are applied?

I would like to figure this out because of one of my friends is planning to play in 3.9 and I am doing something with Storm Brand but he wants to add Armageddon Brand as a side skill on his end (but where his is a side, my build is centered around it).

Last edited by ChrisH36 on Nov 5, 2019, 1:37:51 PM
Last bumped on Dec 11, 2019, 10:38:47 PM
I think they're separate.

I can't imagine the brand limit would be party wide. It's core to the damage output of the individual player, not something that can benefit all players like an aura or curse.

Not sharing means that if you have an extra brand in your build, you don't share that increased limit.

Please I want to know for sure, because my friend and i both want to play brands and if only 2 brands can be attached to the enemy in the party we are screwed.
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
I recommend to test it out with low level brands, Southbound, and a single enemy.

Summon two brands each, out of attachment range. Then let most of their unattached duration expire. Recall them to the enemy.

If all brands are attached like this, they should all expire at the same time.

If they are not, you should be able to clearly see two brands expire earlier than the ones attached to the enemy.
When playing with a friend that has also a BRAND Buidl, the more important thing is

"firing beams which deal damage to nearby enemies and those around them"

Because when both of you are maxed and attach two Brands to separate enemys, the AOE will kill Screenwide.

"
Corpsificator wrote:
When playing with a friend that has also a BRAND Buidl, the more important thing is

"firing beams which deal damage to nearby enemies and those around them"

Because when both of you are maxed and attach two Brands to separate enemys, the AOE will kill Screenwide.

That thing is rendered moot.

Because if 2 people are running a Brand build and they are both attaching brands to different enemies and annihilating the enemy, then that it isn't a problem since the brands will hardly ever intersect unless the beams from Storm or the splash from Armageddon strike the same targets, which counts as separate instances of damage.

The problem is if you need to focus your efforts to take down 1 enemy and it was the main reason I wanted to know if anyone figured it out. My concern is that if he takes up a brand attach on a brand that isn't as strong as mine (which I have Runebinder and better Cast Speed than he will), then we will be losing DPS.

I do have an attack spell on another 6L to compensate if 2 brands are attached (Vaal Storm Call) and he has other skills as well for tougher foes like bosses, but we want to maximize damage potential as best as possible.
Last edited by ChrisH36 on Dec 11, 2019, 10:40:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info