Difference between "PERFORMANCE" and "QUALITY" setting on XBOX ONE X

"
Alexander_GGG wrote:
"
Once you get to yellow maps or deep delve, I would not recommend this. Even with 4K HD LG, X1X, SSD, and 1 GBs internet hardwired; I experience issues when not on performance.
As I mentioned above, both of those modes run the same in terms of FPS.

The choice is between Resolution and GI. (I know, the "Performance" name is a bit misleading)

It's a valid point, but it speaks nothing towards how well either option performs the task of delivering that FPS. Even operating at the same FPS, one choice could have more freezes, stutters, and content induced slideshows than the other. So while I am sure that "the same" FPS is true on paper, I'm not sure that that translates to "delivers the same Player experience". One would think that there is some price to pay for fancy lighting? The terms "nominal" and "effective" come to mind. But Players should test them out and see what produces the best experience for themselves. However, I would not count on an "investment" in a new TV making a guaranteed improvement.
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
Why dont I have performance and quality settings I'm on new gen it was available the last 2 seasons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info