Difference between "PERFORMANCE" and "QUALITY" setting on XBOX ONE X

Can someone tell me the difference?
Standard its put on Performance.

What if i change it to Quality ? Will the game still be 60 FPS ?
Last bumped on Jan 29, 2024, 12:51:41 PM
I would say 60fps is not guaranteed on both options :D
I do not have a definitive answer.

I operate on the premise that "performance" has value and "quality" has none (maybe if you have a 4K TV and an artistic soul). Apart from the fonts too often being too small for me to read at first glance and the lack of mouse-over information gathering, I do not have any "quality" issues. The screen is often too busy and/or too dark to actually see what is going on anyway.

But .. I have experienced quite a few performance issues. Things have been slowly improving (plus I bought the X, an SSD and Powerline gear), but still I am no where near where I would consider sacrificing "performance" for "quality".

The performance demands become greater as you progress through the game. So I often see Players still doing the Acts speaking of "no issues" (they probably should really add a "yet" but don't know that, yet). When you get into Red Maps and start tacking on the difficulty bells and whistles, the performance demands can really bite. Additionally, League content can really amp things up too.

Personally, I have given up on MTX (zero wearable MTX including skill MTX), not because I have scientific proof that it makes a difference, but because I am at the point where anything that might affect performance is an unnecessary risk.

So I guess my answer is, I do not know the difference, but why would you ever pick "Quality"?
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
I've played a bit on both and have only noticed minor changes with no clear FPS benefit between the settings. I play on quality because it seems to add better, more dynamic lighting and I get FPS drops during encounters equally in both modes.

I'm playing with a SSD and a 4K HDR tv.
Hi.
The only difference between 2 modes is Global Illumination.
Performance mode runs at higher resolution without GI.
Quality mode runs at lower resolution but with GI.

It does not affect FPS.
Awesome, thank you!
Awesome, thanks for the clarification.
Im playing the game on a 4K tv with HDR, and also on the Xbox one X.
So im gonna give it a go with the Global Illumination.
"
Zh4nk0u wrote:
Awesome, thanks for the clarification.
Im playing the game on a 4K tv with HDR, and also on the Xbox one X.
So im gonna give it a go with the Global Illumination.

Once you get to yellow maps or deep delve, I would not recommend this. Even with 4K HD LG, X1X, SSD, and 1 GBs internet hardwired; I experience issues when not on performance.
TrueAchievements - https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Corrison

XboxClips - http://xboxclips.com/corrison
"
Once you get to yellow maps or deep delve, I would not recommend this. Even with 4K HD LG, X1X, SSD, and 1 GBs internet hardwired; I experience issues when not on performance.
As I mentioned above, both of those modes run the same in terms of FPS.

The choice is between Resolution and GI. (I know, the "Performance" name is a bit misleading)
"
Alexander_GGG wrote:
"
As I mentioned above, both of those modes run the same in terms of FPS.

The choice is between Resolution and GI. (I know, the "Performance" name is a bit misleading)

The resolution seems the same when mapping no matter the mode selected for me. In town or standing still does look better with GI turned on, and the only time your are still is in a menu. However the performance is definitely impacted for the worse with GI turned on.

Do you know if the new engine PoE 2 is being built on will improve actual performance for us over these options? I'm sure the next gen console will be out around the same time and I will more than likely upgrade to, but this isn't an option for many others.
TrueAchievements - https://www.trueachievements.com/gamer/Corrison

XboxClips - http://xboxclips.com/corrison

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info