Click exhaustion - Please give option to loot all items and ID all items by item type.

You may remember that clicking on everything got a bit old back in the 1990s....

Please give us the option to identify all items by rarity in our inventory. Clicking on a scroll, then clicking on an item, then clicking on a scroll, then clicking on an item, etc., etc. gets old fast.

Please give us the option to loot all of a given item type off the ground. 5 portal scrolls drop... click click click click click....you get the idea. Unnecessarily tedious in the long run.

To those naysayers: This could be set up to be toggled on and off in the options panel so you can click to your hearts content.

UPDATE from post below: "Hold shift. No need to repeatedly click scrolls." This works great and is enough for me on the ID issue. TY!
Last edited by KaryNation on Oct 21, 2019, 8:29:07 AM
Last bumped on Oct 24, 2019, 10:40:03 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
(Please bump of you agree)
Items has 'value' because of the effort required to get them, and part of that effort is picking up and id'ing.
If GGG removed the effort, they'd also have to reduce loot drops as more people would have more items and currency.

In total, your effort to get stuff would remain the same. All that would change would be GGG spending money to implement and balance something that wouldn't actually change anything.

It would also remove something GGG has always said they want, that the players have to make decisions on what effort to expend in the game, not having the game make those decisions for them.
Last edited by Cyzax on Oct 21, 2019, 6:58:39 AM
"
KaryNation wrote:
Clicking on a scroll, then clicking on an item, then clicking on a scroll, then clicking on an item, etc., etc. gets old fast.

Hold shift. No need to repeatedly click scrolls.

Greets,
one of those naysayers
Mhh.. not really necessary if you ask me.

The only change I would like to see is moving stuff between inventorys (put stuff into stash, trading) faster. like Shift + Ctrl + Click in order to move all chaos orbs in my inventory into the trade window.

In my loot filter I ignore alot of low value items like wisdom scrolls, because I don't think they are worth picking up. Out of sight, out of mind. ;)
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
Changing on how you pick up items or ID items will not change the game's economy since the real choke point is character inventory space limitations.

Scrolls are needed to id items and are the lowest denominator in the economy and therefore need to be looted and used. Click-ety click click.

Yeasayer :D
"
KaryNation wrote:
Changing on how you pick up items or ID items will not change the game's economy since the real choke point is character inventory space limitations.

Wrong...

Say you pick up wisdom scrolls automatically... that is a third of the effort of getting to the point of having an identified rare being removed, thus more people will do it, thus more 'good' items will enter the economy, thus GGG will have to reduce the amount of 'good' items dropping to maintain the current balance.

Then imagine you auto-identify rares picked up. That removes another third of the effort, with the same effects... Left is only the visual evaluation of whether it is 'good' or not.

So you've removed 2/3 of the effort, and that will translate into more items entering the economy, with the consequences outlined above.
Pick up less items = less click exhaustion.
Play smart not hard.
You dont need to pick up 99% of the items.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
Cyzax wrote:

Say you pick up wisdom scrolls automatically... that is a third of the effort of getting to the point of having an identified rare being removed, thus more people will do it, thus more 'good' items will enter the economy, thus GGG will have to reduce the amount of 'good' items dropping to maintain the current balance.

Then imagine you auto-identify rares picked up. That removes another third of the effort, with the same effects... Left is only the visual evaluation of whether it is 'good' or not.

So you've removed 2/3 of the effort, and that will translate into more items entering the economy, with the consequences outlined above.

Removing 2 clicks from a 3-step process doesn't take away 2/3 of the effort.

It's more like:
1) tie left shoe
2) tie right shoe
3) go run for an hour

Now how is losing 1 and 2 removing 66% of the effort? If only that were true.. ;)

I am in favor of a Deckard Cain npc (id everything in inventory) and a one-click solution to pick up multiples of the same item.

PoE needs QoL improvements imo. And that's coming from someone who just started WoW Classic.
"
Solmyr77 wrote:
Removing 2 clicks from a 3-step process doesn't take away 2/3 of the effort.

It's more like:
1) tie left shoe
2) tie right shoe
3) go run for an hour

Now how is losing 1 and 2 removing 66% of the effort? If only that were true.. ;)

This is not two 10-second and a 1-hour action. It is more like 1-second, 1-second and 2-second (at most)...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info