For God's Sakes GGG just let us PLAY THE GAME

Look, we all know a certain amount of grinding is inherent to ARPGs and online games in general, but the drops of blighted maps this league are a new low. Players are selling MIRROR SERVICES FOR MAPS. Sure, it's with fossils and not actual mirrors, but that is truly ridiculous for a basic game consumable.

On top of that Legion splinters were nerfed into oblivion - sure, it's not Legion league anymore, but when a MF build can clear a T16 Monolith with multiple generals and get less than ten, or even less than five splinters it's getting plain ridiculous.

Look.

You don't have to give us tons of loot. It would be nice, sure, but if you don't want to then whatever, we'll deal with it I guess.

But at least let us PLAY THE GAME. So many of us just want to run some blighted maps. Or a few emblems. Cut the loot, cut the XP, whatever, but let us at least PLAY the damn game mode. If we can't even play the league mechanic in its prime, what's the point of playing league at all?

Last edited by FramFramson on Oct 17, 2019, 12:19:28 AM
Last bumped on Oct 22, 2019, 5:57:59 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It would be nice to run what i want and go after what i want drop wise more often such as legion and some other mechanics, It definitely feels a lot better for a few of the mechanics through the new master system especially as it ties into maps and the idea that boss clears are now more important i think was a great way to do it.

When it comes to legion while i thought the rewards were far too much during the main league itself it does feel like if what i wanted to do was farm as much legion as possible it got hit a bit too hard even if we do now have scarabs to assist in this effort without an npc to queue up missions from and the mentioned splinter drop rate it is just not realistic to me to have this as a primary or even secondary goal without buying scarabs from other players.

I'm a big fan of having some chase items in the game but with legion the timeless jewels being so random and broad reaching in their effects it really needs to be adjusted somewhat imo.

Innocence forgives you
"
FramFramson wrote:
Players are selling MIRROR SERVICES FOR MAPS. Sure, it's with fossils and not actual mirrors, but that is truly ridiculous for a basic game consumable.

1. Why?
2. Blighted maps are not basic consumable. They are league end-game.

"
FramFramson wrote:
On top of that Legion splinters were nerfed into oblivion - sure, it's not Legion league anymore, but when a MF build can clear a T16 Monolith with multiple generals and get less than ten, or even less than five splinters it's getting plain ridiculous.

You've cleared T16 legion encounter with at least 2 generals and get less than 5 splinters? I don't believe you. Link video of this happened.

"
FramFramson wrote:
Look.

You don't have to give us tons of loot. It would be nice, sure, but if you don't want to then whatever, we'll deal with it I guess.

But at least let us PLAY THE GAME. So many of us just want to run some blighted maps. Or a few emblems. Cut the loot, cut the XP, whatever, but let us at least PLAY the damn game mode. If we can't even play the league mechanic in its prime, what's the point of playing league at all?

If they cut rewards per blighted map/timeless conflict, then players would complain that game is not rewarding enough. GGG had to find balance between accessibility and rewards. If you are playing trading league - just buy blighted maps, they are kind of self-sustaining with all loot they give. If you are playing SSF - don't complain about end-game not being accessible, SSF is self-restriction mode.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Last edited by DivineChampion on Oct 17, 2019, 6:31:28 AM
"
You've cleared T16 legion encounter with at least 2 generals and get less than 5 splinters? I don't believe you. Link video of this happened.

Yeah, I'll get right on uploading the video we took in anticipation of some forum dork questioning the claim weeks later. Was in a party of a full six which used a Gilded Legion Scarab. 2 Maraketh, 1 (I think) Eternal (might've been Templar). All mobs cracked, so it's not for lack of clearing. It was my gilded scarab they bought, and I had to hear the bitching about it for over a day.

You've never seen RNG that bad? Never been down in the mines at a currency node hundreds of levels down only to get a pair of Jeweler's Orbs? That's just the way PoE is.

As for drop rates, go look in literally any thread with a Blight dev update and you'll find more than enough comments about this league's drop rates. I see people in chat celebrating when they get their first Blighted map after weeks of having reached red maps.

So feel free to disbelieve me. I couldn't give two farts. I know it happened and I'm sure GGG has their own data about what drops, even if it's only rates and averages. They've seen the comments and they've said nothing. Not so much as one reply, even to say "We're not increasing the rates" or "rates are fine and you're just unlucky". Nothing. Crickets. And that speaks volumes in and of itself.

No one's asking for free sustain on Blight maps or having to go without trading for them if you want to play nothing but blighted maps. Most of us just want the ability to play some AT ALL.

Last edited by FramFramson on Oct 17, 2019, 3:34:32 PM
+ to op

But league rip alrdy.
The drops really aren't that bad. Had about 60 so far, and only played half the league.

You can also buy them, like everything else in the game.

--

When will people understand that you aren't supposed to be able to self accumulate and sustain everything in the game?

Everything you do generates currency, you USE that. That's what it's there for.
This is one of the worst things about there league implementation. Most of the time it's better to just farm a map and spend the currency you get on fragments/shards/stones/whatever. Then to actually engage with said content. It feels very backwards.

I understand this game encourages trading but it could still be far more generous in some cases and still have ample room for trading. I actually attribute this is as a cause for why there are large drop offs. This game could do with having a sense of progression towards content rather then buying your way to it.

"
e1337donkey wrote:
This is one of the worst things about there league implementation. Most of the time it's better to just farm a map and spend the currency you get on fragments/shards/stones/whatever. Then to actually engage with said content. It feels very backwards.

I understand this game encourages trading but it could still be far more generous in some cases and still have ample room for trading. I actually attribute this is as a cause for why there are large drop offs. This game could do with having a sense of progression towards content rather then buying your way to it.

A sense of progression. Do you mean like collecting fragments? Farming a bit until the map drops? Collecting splinters to make the stones?

If they made these things drop any more (Legion was the BS exception) then they would NEED to make them less rewarding... then people won't bother doing them full-stop. (Just look at the low-level breach stones, they are largely pointless these days)

--

This is partly due to the fact the game is so convoluted with a dozen different 'league' mechanics that it feels far less progressive than it should. simply because that 'progress' is divided between so many directions.

If you target farm something specific, utilize the currency you obtain, progress is perfectly fine.

I hit lvl 85 on HCB so far and all I've gotten was a SINGLE tier 1 (yes, 1) blighted map. That's after running through the entire content + about 150 tier 1-6 alched maps.

One piece of a low tier blighted map doesn't scream "ENDGAME" to me. I could understand high tier blighted maps being more rare, but low tier ones? Uuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh...
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Last edited by Ydoum on Oct 19, 2019, 8:50:47 PM
Yep this is how stupid the current game design is. You have to grind your own way thru boring layers of content to get to the more fun part. It s like earning your fun, gotta work for it. Knowing GGG and their “we want to make Poe being played forever” philosophy, I doubt the direction will change. Maybe make the grinding part more fun instead of oneshotting everything like add fun encounters thru maps that help you gain xp and additional loot? It s obvious people are bored of current mapping system, it s time to rework mapping and its brainless gameplay

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info