Tips for maps

Looking for some assistance on my build. I'm still fairly new and only went into a few maps with my lvl 76 trickster (1st character trash lol). Wondering if this build will do well on maps. This is my first time witch and necro and I've been loving it. Just don't want to get stuck before I make it to shaper . . .haven't fought him yet! Thank you for any suggestions and help.
the Sanderclause
Last bumped on Oct 28, 2019, 2:10:43 PM
Necromancer is a great choice for Blight League.

Usually, the Minions do most of the damage and thus you generally want to boost their Damage rather than the Damage of your Witch. With this in mind, you might get more bang for your Mana Reservation with Hatred or something else that boosts Minion Damage. As your Mana Reservation goes up, you may also want to re-evaluate if MOM is providing a meaningful benefit.

If you are following a guide - then perhaps I have said too much already (since I do not know what the guide's author has in mind).

But if you are not, then I suggest at least taking a peek or two at what other Players are doing - it might generate some ideas regarding improvements.

The Necro Guide that I generally follow is this one:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627912/page/1

It is one of many, but the Author makes a real effort to make the Build accessible to a wide range of Players. Good Luck either way.
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
You could try to switch from Meat Shield on your Zombies to Feeding Frenzy. Since I switched my clear speed went up dramatically as well as my survivability. With Meat Shield your Zombies are more or less passive and will only attack what is near you. With Feeding Frenzy they attack aggressively and most things will get destroyed before it can reach you.
Last edited by Isomorphin on Oct 27, 2019, 9:04:30 AM
"
walkjohn55 wrote:
Necromancer is a great choice for Blight League.

The Necro Guide that I generally follow is this one:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627912/page/1

It is one of many, but the Author makes a real effort to make the Build accessible to a wide range of Players. Good Luck either way.

Great pick here! I somehow knew it would be WoD's build, yes it is quite amazing!
I STRONGLY second this, it is truly effortless and has been for leagues...
You've got the skeletons so switch zombies to feeding frenzy and guide them with skeletons. Get stuck, drop skeletons on yourself, don't worry the zombies will be there QUICK!
Everything looks good, but I don't think animate guardian is good without support gems. Also, not sure what attack you are using to proc Holy relic, but it needs like cyclone, YOU actually have to attack or it won't work. Swap holy relic or guardian with a Carrion golem and I think you'll be amazed. NM I see carrion in your ring. you should get generosity and HATRED in the build. This gives phys to cold and extra cold damage to your minions. I would still get rid of relic and guardian... I did :)
Also Wrecker of days has a neat little CWDT that casts desecrate and then feeds off those corpses with an offering... one offering is called Spirit and it gives energy shield to minions + 24% phys to chaos damage + 25% resists... it's real nice:)
I also use Montreguls grasp, I have 5 zombies, LOVE the double damage.
There are amulets with plus 1 to zombies, that's what I got. we get 7 from the gem, 2 from the tree and I got 1 more from an amulet, feel free to look at JessicaHasNastyFriends on my page.
I also recommend GRAVE PACT or Redemption for the anointment, we don't need mana to flame dash and cast arc:) I see you have enduring bond on your tree, I guess this would be a 3rd choice for me for an amulet, it's very appetizing! I drop skeletons always, so I would always have the 20% increased minion damage... something for me to consider, thanks!
ANOTHER thing to remember, if you aren't selecting MINION nodes, you are not adding minion damage :(
A lot of your tree is going to waste. Look at the build suggested and you could clean it up in 20 respecs. You got a lot of the major nodes and that is good. Wrecker's focuses on slowing enemies so you can run right into packs like a true psychopath!

One more spoiler, Zombies don't need 6 links, share 4 nice supports with zombies/specters and you'll have freed up 4 gems once you get a 6-link. Get ape spectors, 2 for frenzy, 2 for power charges.
I am looking for 4ex to get my maim jacket, I want to be cruel this league, not just OP!

One final thing, and it's kinda important. Want to cast 8 skeletons at ONCE?! get a from dust jewel and get it in your tree, it's the ONLY jewel I care about :)
I see you have dead reckoning, it's nice, but tbh I don't think the mages do the damage that the skeletal warriors do. also jewels are blocking lots of the tree this league, I hope they fix this issue.

Once I get editing I CAN'T STOP! Complete your ascendancy, you are missing the sweet +2 to minion gems and either Mistress of Sacrifice or Commander of Darkness. I recommend Commander. Then you will be Shaper ready. Shaper is more learning the fight than the fight itself. Once you know him, with the right DPS, it's just a dance.

Good Luck Exile!
I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
Last edited by GrunkleBob on Oct 28, 2019, 3:52:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info