Minigames(true side content)

This game features every league a new mechanic some of which can be very interesting and others which are not so interesting and even some which are never made core for various reasons.

In quite a few large MMORPG a trend of adding alternate game modes or (mini games) has been becoming more prevalent and i really feel like that this game could benefit from some ventures from the main attraction of leveling and grinding as we've had pretty much forever.

This^ does not mean that these mini games could or would not have any impact on that other experience that is the general game but with the addition of the tower defense mechanic and after reading quite a few posts about it the idea kind of popped into my head (why is this not a thing)

These additional game modes would divert from the traditional experience of path of exile for example having a detached camera allowing a user to literally play a match of tower defense without any character involvement or party/etc.

These additional game modes would best be rewarded by items to place in the hideout and perhaps very rare cosmetics that are exclusive to these game modes, I'm not sure giving people items that could be equipped would be a good idea unless they were as harmless as the fishing rods basically are presently.

These additional gamemodes could also bring back some level of PVP which in the current game is no longer possible in most cases and i would really love to fight someone else in a silly game where balance could actually be maintained almost indefinitely.

Examples of other possible content:

Battle Chess: (single/multiplayer)

Battle chess would be like a normal game of chess but would feature monsters from the game and they would kill eachother rather than the piece simply being taken off the board, Perhaps other mechanics could be involved here to give this a unique spin inside path of exile such as equipping your pieces with unique gear or auras and other modifiers.

Fishing: (single)

For TOO LONG you have dangled the lure that is fishing in front of me and while this was likely never implemented because bots everywhere would love nothing more than for you to add this in a way that would affect the economy, Fishing for various fish around wraeclast would be fun and revisiting places that i rarely see more than once or twice per league just to chill and catch some fish to put on my wall in my hideout would definitely be something i would be up for, maybe even chilling with some friends who also feel up for doing it in the same zone.

This could even include some boss battles that can only happen through fishing which would kind of well... murder people who try to bot this sort of thing <3

Pokemon Ripoff: (single/multi)

Credit to BloodPuddles420
"

Eh, I think card game is too generic. I've wanted a strategy game built off of Bestiary since I started playing though.

They could very easily create a more in depth (but limited) Pokemon, and it would be awesome.

This is a really fun idea and i would totally spend a lot of time collecting monsters for something like this

Tower Defense:(single)

I mean this one was the inspiration for the thread and i have no doubt some would enjoy this, Not much explanation required other than you would have a detached camera and no character to use.

Moba: (multi)

Moba's are a lot of fun and this would be a combination of tower defense and commanding rogue exiles to destroy the enemys core/home base, It should feature upgrades as to what type of minions are spawned in the lanes, the towers should be upgradeable and so should the rogue exiles that are spawned as your main damage dealer.. I feel this should not be too overcomplicated however as far as controlling the rogue exiles they should be able to told where to go(maybe limited control over when they use their skill) You could buy equipment for your rogue exiles from which this game has quite a lot to offer and might even be a good way for some newer players to learn how various equipment can affect a build.

Combine this concept with your semi random level generation mirrored on itself and I'd be absolutely in love.

Card Game: (single/multi)

Oh boy i'd go nuts to sit in town with my MTX and waste hundreds of hours playing against other players, I'm not sure what the best mechanic for earning the cards would be but playing against other players and putting one or two cards from the deck used as a prize to the victor is fairly common and i would very much enjoy the risk/reward and general social interaction of doing something like this, Perhaps there would be a card vendor and various NPC could be played against to earn cards to get ready for a player battle.

Pong: (Multi)

Nope im not joking, Rhoa Pong.. you get in front of the rhoa and slap it back to the other player and it keeps getting faster.

Will add to this/update my thoughts and include any reasonable ideas from others in the OP over time.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Oct 15, 2019, 10:15:12 PM
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2020, 5:17:03 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
4.0 is going to be amazing!
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
It could be a fun thing to add ( if added 'properly' in a way that fits the game's atmosphere and can fit in Wraeclast ) ...

But there are many other things that the dev team needs to take care of first imo.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
It could be a fun thing to add ( if added 'properly' in a way that fits the game's atmosphere and can fit in Wraeclast ) ...

But there are many other things that the dev team needs to take care of first imo.

100% agree on both points.. Assuming the game can be brought back into a reasonable state again in many areas especially including the management and usage of resources such as RAM and other things as well as the ability to see wtf is going on in a group let alone solo lol.
Innocence forgives you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info