[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

A+ answer thanks
livejamie
Was wondering, if we swap out elem focus so that our traps do the shocking. Are skitterbots still worth it for the chill and 10% more effect, or is there better alternatives?
I've been working on this big guide update for awhile as it takes a lot of time going through 100+ pages of thread content ;P but I think it's been worth it and I decided to just release it now instead of waiting for being *closer* to 3.16, because I still see quite a few new players jumping aboard this league and wanting to try out traps, so they might as well benefit from the improvements/what we learned since last few leagues. :)

"
❗❗❗Updated ALL of the guide.
In preparation for 3.16, I have used feedback from the last 2 leagues in this thread, to go over all text and every section in the guide and either deleted/moved or updated its relevance. Hopefully this all makes for an even better guide. Make sure you check each section out before your next playthrough. :)

3.16 waiting room activated...
...Meantime for this next league I intend to start using twitter to easier reach you guys about stream schedules and when RL stuff gets in the way.

Throw me a 🔴YouTube sub and a follow on 🔵Twitter for updates.
I would very much appreciate your help reaching the elusive 1k youtube subscribers goal. :) I hope in return you'll enjoy the guide❗💗

"
keroksi wrote:
Was wondering, if we swap out elem focus so that our traps do the shocking. Are skitterbots still worth it for the chill and 10% more effect, or is there better alternatives?

They are 100% worth it. *but* IF you already have crazy damage and just want to reach lvl 100, playing solo content etc, you can always consider arctic armour instead of skitters. But generally I'd always recommend sticking with skitterbots as the trap *more* multiplier they bring is big.

Last edited by oestergreen on Sep 6, 2021, 5:15:42 PM
I don't see alternate quality mentioned in any of the sections.

Would you use a Level 20 Divergent LT over Level 21 Normal Quality?
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
I don't see alternate quality mentioned in any of the sections.

Would you use a Level 20 Divergent LT over Level 21 Normal Quality?

I'm hesitant to add gems if they're expensive and only offer small benefits.
Div LT is that way and same for something like Divergent Inspiration Support.

There are some good ones, they are listed under the gem setups as "alternative gems" (divergent cluster is there as example, it's extremely beneficial, usually quite cheap and a direct upgrade to the regular cluster for us).

You actually reminded me that I could throw in the Anomalous Assasins Mark and Anomalous Wave of Conviction and Wrath. (i'll do that! they're usually cheap and have a decent benefit)

But no I wouldn't use a lvl 20 ltrap over a lvl 21, regardless if its divergent or vaal :)

Divergent LT is okay luxury for extra clearing and maven arena where often there are multiple targets, but outside of that it doesn't add anything for single-target bossing due to POEs projectile rules. (any projectile can only damage the same target once)
Last edited by oestergreen on Sep 6, 2021, 2:58:03 AM
Crafted this sceptre tonight

1) Buy a Fractured Base, I went with +1 Light as it's cheaper than +1 Spells = 10c
2) Essence of Woe until you get something good, I got t2 spell crit and inc phys = 11c/ea, took me 5 tries

--If you're on a budget or league start you can craft trigger and stop here.--

3) Bench craft a suffix to block and to make t4 aisling slam 50/50, hope for double damage, any crit mod, in this case I got trigger craft = 2.5ex
4) Craft Cannot Roll Attacks and Harvest Lightning Aug, hit t1 spells = 1ex + 3ex
5) Bench Craft Multi when Nearby, I assume it's the best mod
livejamie
Hello there :)
I'm adding feedback to Lightning Spire Trap. I leveled up with it, but got rid of it for wave of conviction, void sphere and curse combo. It's easier to navigate flasks + movement with only one skill instead of two, especially because LST does not provide much really.

As for items, my fiance came up with awesome solution to frozen, tho it's extremely expensive and obviously lucky based, so it's more for endgame rather than middle or leveling.

Synthesised belt with cannot be frozen as an implicit :D Of course I need to craft better one, base was 5ex, but you get the gist :) Because of that belt I could remove dream fragment ring and get a better ring with ES and dmg. Just a fun fact for you guys what can be created in the game :)
I have a question and please excuse me if its obvious/already been answered. How are you dealing with the mana costs of triggered skills?
As of this patch trigging skills costs mana too, and both the trigger craft and CWDT have huge cost multipliers. This is fine if you're only triggering them occasionally. In situations where you are swarmed and taking constant hits (delves, rituals, narrow spaces), the costs would add up, especially CWDT tempest shield which could trigger four times a second.
Wouldn't this be very dangerous as it could leave you unable to trigger immortal call or use traps/flame dash?
This is just what it looks like to me in POB, but I would like to know if this will be a problem before I get too far in attempting this build.
Thanks for any help!
Hit perfect prefixes on this bad boy and then hit reduced ignite with the crusader slam. Oh well.

My gear is kinda scuffed but self-crafted:

"

Accuracy was also a painful slam on the gloves.

I needed to close my eyes tighter.
livejamie
"
MadHatterAbi wrote:
Hello there :)
I'm adding feedback to Lightning Spire Trap. I leveled up with it, but got rid of it for wave of conviction, void sphere and curse combo. It's easier to navigate flasks + movement with only one skill instead of two, especially because LST does not provide much really.

As for items, my fiance came up with awesome solution to frozen, tho it's extremely expensive and obviously lucky based, so it's more for endgame rather than middle or leveling.

Synthesised belt with cannot be frozen as an implicit :D Of course I need to craft better one, base was 5ex, but you get the gist :) Because of that belt I could remove dream fragment ring and get a better ring with ES and dmg. Just a fun fact for you guys what can be created in the game :)

Did you calculate if that's better than getting 80% Prefix on boots?

I would imagine that getting a fat crystal belt in that slot would be better.
livejamie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info