[3.9] Self-cast Detonate Dead |all content, Shaper, Uber Down | 12-17mill DPS minmaxed | Very Tanky

"
Leedly wrote:
"
redmalloc wrote:
Ok, so I have this build running and have most gear but a 5L staff for the moment. Pretty interesting build.

I read the past comments about Militant Faith/Agnostic and in my case, it converted mom into the Agnostic. So I assume that means I no longer have that 30% mom. If I refund it, is it possible that I can allocate the Agnostic where EE is and then retake mom as mom?

I assume if I am really losing that 30% mom that lowers the overall eHP which in metamorph is not great...

Hope that makes sense I am confused. Timeless jewels are baffling to me :)

You don't need the MOM node as it's on cloak of defiance - but that ele damage socket isn't the best place for miliant, you want it where we have it for all the devotion, which is what makes miliant so strong. It turns minor stat nodes into devotion, and various timeless's will buff you based on the timeless buff. For example. i have "3% increased effect of non-damaging ailments" which is very strong for curses etc - and then the 70 devotion I get lets that stack to 21% - which is insane. Plus - agnostic is a core of the build's sustain and really makes it work.

Well with the mom keystone + Cloak of Defiance we have a 30% + 10% mom, so that's a higher eHP overall. I believe that they are additive.

I have the timeless jewel socketed in the tree between Mom and Elemental Equilibrium which is where the PoB shows it I believe.

Edit: Ok I was wrong about this. No benefit to taking Mom on the tree while using the cloak :)
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cloak_of_Defiance
Last edited by redmalloc on Jan 19, 2020, 8:12:59 PM
Is there a way to color the chest? I got a pretty similar one to yours but I cant get the socket colours right...Pretty much spammed 300 Chromatics on it.
"
Leedly wrote:

Got it with annnoint - damage is definitely far higher - still getting oneshot by random mobs from time to time, but t16 conq's didn't kill me, and i managed a guardian map from zana. A5 sirus it was taking me about a 5 minute pace until I invited someone to finish it off. I don't know, I was just hoping with this investment already I wouldn't be getting oneshot. The heal is insane, but I'm dying to oneshots still. Some are avoidable, but there's a lot going on and DD lags me pretty bad on a beefy PC. I'm not sure what would help to make me actually able to tank all content, which is what I'm really hoping to do. Even if it means investing in some crazy 10ex influenced rare or something else, I'd just like a goal to go for - just improving my rares doesn't feel like it'll do the trick.

I don't think that's really possible this league, except for some of the insane builds that can't die (but even those get 1 shot by some combos). This league is just very deadly and with how Awakening level multiplies existing mods and multipliers (sextants and map mods) it can get to insane levels of burst damage that no build will survive.

I had the same thought as you with my first character this league (a molten strike jugg) and even with over 8k health, 10k armor, 76% res all, 20/20 immortal call, huge amounts of life regen & life on hit, 4 endurance charges, fortify, etc... he still gets 1 shot by things i have little to no idea about... Some map bosses were so strong that their basic attacks would almost 1-shot my jugg. Had a suped up totem boss w/ the frost nova thing.. it was 1 shotting me and you can't dodge that as a melee character.

I've decided that if you want XP, you absolutely cannot stack awakener level with other sources of damage multipliers or you will get 1-shot at some point. So run with AL1 max until you are done leveling (for me this is lvl 95), then you can crank up your AL and juice your maps and go ham... knowing you will die but who cares if you don't need XP anymore.

This is also why in this league, more than usual, the best defense is "kill them before they can attack" when it comes to the super juiced up bosses and metamorph's. Also to have the proper expectations. If i had known this going into the league, i would have been a lot less frustrated/pissed at my Jugg lol.
Last edited by guardianXXXIII on Jan 30, 2020, 1:30:12 PM
Hello.
I am playing the build,just got uber lab asendancy.
It is fun but i dont know from where u get 12-17 mil dps?
I know that i dont have all lvl 20/20 gems,perfect gear.
It seems hard 2 pull of that 12 mil dps,or am i missing something?
"
cbasz wrote:

So I started writing a small tirade about how MoM doesn't work with ES and we lose too many defenses and regeneration for it to be worth it. But then I remembered the new unique Ivory Tower which would actually make LL really really good, perhaps even better than normal life, as we get an extra aura and can actually use the ES regeneration from Essence Glutton. Xirgil's Crank with Wicked Ward will also make us incredibly resilient, and we can happily drop the Pledge of Hands with Awakened Spell Cascade.

Now I'm in PoB making it work, so thanks for the inspiration!

Update with what Ive got so far:
https://pastebin.com/3ee2wYY2

DPS will be much higher than life version, similar survivability except that chaos damage can wreck you if you're not careful with mana management and Indigon. It's all theoretical though for now

Still needs some more tuning and minmaxing but it's a start of something.
Wish I could find more ES, our best item would be a 35ex watcher's eye though :'(

Can't wait to see this build completed!
Did you have some progress?
"
xande712 wrote:

Can't wait to see this build completed!
Did you have some progress?

Really sorry dude, I had bad luck early league with getting currency, rerolled a ton of times and eventually gave up, so I haven't spent more time on making this version a thing (yet)...

"
luka2113 wrote:
Hello.
I am playing the build,just got uber lab asendancy.
It is fun but i dont know from where u get 12-17 mil dps?
I know that i dont have all lvl 20/20 gems,perfect gear.
It seems hard 2 pull of that 12 mil dps,or am i missing something?

It's impossible to calculate the DPS in PoB so I simulated it in excel (using the final gg setup I had in blight), taking into account all the parameters (mana/mana cost, corpse consumption, having to cast desecrate, etc.) and doing my best to be realistic. DPS starts at 4mill, breaks 10 mill after a 5.5sec, peaks at 17 mill then flats out at around 13 mill. It felt a bit wordy for the title but if it's too disingenuous I'm open to changing it. Realistically dps will be lower since there's no chance you're standing still casting for longer than 4 seconds, but that's impossible to take into account.

Are you having DPS issues? Even on cheap gear you should be able to have decent dps since the corpse life damage part can carry you pretty far.
Last edited by cbasz on Feb 6, 2020, 2:27:44 PM
Hey, I have a few questions, and sorry if they've been asked already but: For the militant faith, are we putting it where you have the fake (passives) gem and then taking EE to get agnostic instead of MoM? Do we still take MoM? Would it change both? Next, I know you don't have a leveling guide, but what I gathered was to take Mana/HP/Damage/Jewels, and then take staff stuff later. Is that a good bet? I'm loving DD btw. I didn't know if I would but man, even with just a low level 20% desecrate and 20% Vaal DD, it feels so good to level with.

Last question, I know the links would be a bit different, but what are your thoughts on cremation? I was trying it out a bit and it seemed meh in comparison but I've seen plenty of videos where a bunch of geysers up did ridiculous damage.
I have one question only, how does indigon remove the clunkyness of 2 buttons to self cast? Am i blind that i cant read or it doesnt say anything about casting. Please explain it to me slowly so my dumb ass can understand. Im doing this build and im currently lvl 53.
Last edited by nimbus1983 on Feb 13, 2020, 9:41:00 PM
"
nimbus1983 wrote:
I have one question only, how does indigon remove the clunkyness of 2 buttons to self cast? Am i blind that i cant read or it doesnt say anything about casting. Please explain it to me slowly so my dumb ass can understand. Im doing this build and im currently lvl 53.

No you're completely right that it's not explicit. Indigon increases your mana cost to the point where you can't be spamming Des + DD (which comes rather quickly). So effectively, you have to wait for your mana to regen or mana cost to go back down to cast (which is like an artificial cooldown), but each cast will be incredbily high damage. Essentially, you ramp up to the point where you cast less often with higher hits, so you dont have wreck your hand alternating between two skills past the initial ramp. Let me know if that makes sense haha :)

"
pyrojackelope wrote:
Hey, I have a few questions, and sorry if they've been asked already but: For the militant faith, are we putting it where you have the fake (passives) gem and then taking EE to get agnostic instead of MoM? Do we still take MoM? Would it change both? Next, I know you don't have a leveling guide, but what I gathered was to take Mana/HP/Damage/Jewels, and then take staff stuff later. Is that a good bet? I'm loving DD btw. I didn't know if I would but man, even with just a low level 20% desecrate and 20% Vaal DD, it feels so good to level with.

Last question, I know the links would be a bit different, but what are your thoughts on cremation? I was trying it out a bit and it seemed meh in comparison but I've seen plenty of videos where a bunch of geysers up did ridiculous damage.

Yeah the militant faith would go there. It will replace both the MoM and EE keystones with The Agnostic, this means you'll need to get MoM from your chest via cloak of defiance instead.
Focus on getting to Spiritual Aid first (and Ele Overload), it'll boost your damage sufficiently until you get the rest of the gear. Don't worry about mana nodes until you get MoM which you want to do somewhere between Act 5-10 if you're struggling with survivability.
Cremation works, but it's not really a good skill for Indigon in my opinion (though it technically COULD work). At any rate you'd want a different staff, like Sire of Shards, which gives more value to cremation.
So, first of all, I've been loving this build. I specifically went out of my way to level a necro so close to the end of 3.9 so I could play this. Now for my question. So far, I've been able to do T16s at awakener level 8 and I have killed elder and shaper with this build, however, the amount of damage you're doing in that short clip of yours at the beginning to shaper, I'm not even close to that.

This is my gear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info