[3.8] Pyroclast/2-curse Saboteur. Kills shaper in 2 seconds (All endgame content proven)

Hello, this is the first build I've posted here and I don't know how to make it look all pretty but I promise you this build is the real deal.

This is my Pyroclast mine/2-curse Saboteur

Gameplay:

Boss
Step 1: Throw mines (or set up all 19 on top of boss before he spawns)
Step 2: Throw bear trap on boss
Step 3: Flame dash thru boss to ignite ground underneath
Step 4: Detonate (or use detonate totem) and walk away (make sure not to look at the explosions if you're cool)

Mapping:
Sprint/Dash as fast as possible thru maps while throwing and detonating mines as you go

Pros:
Absurd DPS, Kills Shaper in 2 seconds(from full hp)
Can be extremely effective on a low budget and improved massively later on with more currency
Only needs 1 6-socket
5,300HP
2 curses + Anger aura(Can curse hexproof enemies)
91% Fire penetration
Substantial CC for fast moving blight bosses
Very mobile
93% melee & projectile avoid chance
75% spell avoid chance
Great life leech
Can do any and all map mods
Eye cancer

Cons:
Moderate move speed
5,300HP isn't that much, defense relies on avoidance and massive damage mitigation
Eye cancer

Passive Tree

Gear:

Weapon
Spoiler

Tremor Rod is best in slot hands down, the double detonate is a 200% DPS increase alone. Some other builds like to use scepters with ele-penetration, but we get our fire penetration from other sources

Body Armor
Spoiler

This is the star of the build, super undervalued you can get these for just 1c and we don't even need to 6-link it.
The ability to curse everything, allowing us to deal absurd damage to everything as well as make us deceptively tanky thanks to Enfeeble

Gloves
Spoiler

1% damage leeched from mines is valuable, but the loss in HP, damage, and resists from not running a decent pair of Fingerless Silk Gloves is questionable. Feel free to not use these. Up to you
However the corruption is a massive bonus to our curses

Helmet
Spoiler

It might seem daunting to get an item like this but don't worry its very cheap, buying an item base with the correct enchant costs a bit, then just craft using Pristine and scorched fossils. Took me about 15 attempts before I landed this one.

Boots
Spoiler

Okay this is where it gets weird, These were crafted using an Elder base and Deafening Essence of Loathing.
These are key to maximizing the build's damage avoidance, You coudl get away with just using a normal pair with tons of HP but I find these extremely effective.

What you're looking for:

Attack AND spell dodge chance
Decent HP or decent move speed
then craft on whichever one you are lacking

Belt
Spoiler

Pack as much HP and resists as possible into 1 item

Amulet
Spoiler

We need 183 Dex to wear Cospri's Will, soo..... yeah.

Rings
Spoiler

We are unable to utilize Essence worm Until we get Enlighten support Lvl 4 so don't worry about that unless you're rich

Just pack as in much HP and resists as you can.

Using Topaz/saphire/ruby rings and using Blessed Orbs to balance out uncapped resists for
is crucial

Flasks
Spoiler

Dying Sun can be very expensive, it helps a ton but isn't required.

In perfect form, this build would ideally have both cold/lightning resists +50 above fire resist so that we can activate Oak and Dying sun at the same time and get maximum benefit. I haven't achieved this yet however. Good luck

Gem Links

Spoiler
Pyroclast Mine
Elemental Focus
Controlled Destruction
Concentrated Effect OR (Increased area of Effect(For fast mapping

Trap and Mine damage
Swift Assembly

Main skill

Flame Dash
Faster Casting
Combustion
Ignite Proliferation

Movement skill doubles as a way to apply a serious amount of fire penetration to enemies

Bear Trap
Multiple Traps
Advanced Traps

Increased Duration
Useful for dealing more damage to bosses as well as slowing them down a significant amount (useful for blight bosses) and making them deal less damage to you

Enfeeble
Flammability
Blasphemy
Enlighten

Curse setup (our curses can apply to hexproof enemies)

Steelskin
Cast on Damage Taken
Increased Duration

Vaal Grace
Fantastic defense setup, vaal grace can only be manually cast, also we don't use the normal grace part, we don't have the mana for it

Spell Totem
Detonate Mines
For when you're just too lazy to detonate yourself

Anger(In Essence Worm Ring)
Get angry

Last edited by Ponis on Oct 7, 2019, 5:20:14 PM
Last bumped on Dec 23, 2019, 9:10:34 PM
gr8 m8 i r8 8/8
I've seen this build in action many times, 11/10 would recommend. Very nice.
I'm surprised this build isn't crit, I guess the DPS is so good it's not even needed. For 2 more points you may as well go Elemental Overload just for even more DPS.

You could also run Inspiration over Controlled destruction (it'll provide 5% less damage, but easily to proc crits for EO and lowers mana reserve cost of mines by 10).

Rather bummed that High Impact mine support can't be used for Pyroclast, it'd be easy to stack double damage with this build and wreck everything and it'd lower the mana reserved cost multiplier too.
Last edited by reciprocate on Oct 8, 2019, 12:30:26 AM
"
reciprocate wrote:
I'm surprised this build isn't crit, I guess the DPS is so good it's not even needed. For 2 more points you may as well go Elemental Overload just for even more DPS.

You could also run Inspiration over Controlled destruction (it'll provide 5% less damage, but easily to proc crits for EO and lowers mana reserve cost of mines by 10).

Rather bummed that High Impact mine support can't be used for Pyroclast, it'd be easy to stack double damage with this build and wreck everything and it'd lower the mana reserved cost multiplier too.

I did a lot of experimenting with crit, I tried taking ele overload, successive detonations, blast cascade, and devastating devices and switching out controlled destruction and it just wasn't as effective, the damage was already insane so I prioritized getting more HP nodes in the tree since we're not getting any hp from gloves, body armor, and 1 of the rings.
Last edited by Ponis on Oct 8, 2019, 9:33:49 AM
"
Ponis wrote:
"
reciprocate wrote:

I did a lot of experimenting with crit, I tried taking ele overload, successive detonations, blast cascade, and devastating devices and switching out controlled destruction and it just wasn't as effective, the damage was already insane so I prioritized getting more HP nodes in the tree since we're not getting any hp from gloves, body armor, and 1 of the rings.

I just messed around with EO myself, it seems that the mines themselves don't proc it sadly, so something like CWDT Blade Vortex would be OK to proc it. I can see why you went non crit or non-EO though, it's best to go for the next best thing and that is lowering enemy fire resists as much as possible with exposure, flammability, combustion, etc. Personally I'll probably stick with single curse and use my corrupted Enfeeble on Hit machina mitts to be my only curse and change up controlled destruction for fire pen on my tremor rod. It's a halfway measure and I will lose the ability against curse immune mobs, but I think it's a decent trade off.
Got 12 ex buget,will try it.
How do u recommend to lvl this build?
Pleb question for those of us who never have real currency to burn. Lets assume I'm never going to get an enlighten 4. What 2 would you recommend to run between the 2 curses and Anger?
"
SirNorek wrote:
Pleb question for those of us who never have real currency to burn. Lets assume I'm never going to get an enlighten 4. What 2 would you recommend to run between the 2 curses and Anger?

Good question, lvl 4 enlighten is some serious currency. I would absolutely recommend cutting out the Anger. Just use the curses.
"
Ponis wrote:

Good question, lvl 4 enlighten is some serious currency. I would absolutely recommend cutting out the Anger. Just use the curses.

Awesome thank you :) one other noob question, why do you setup flame dash to ignite? Like what interaction am I missing there that it's worth the links and being mindful to do it?

Trying to learn! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info