[3.8] Occultist "Triple D" --- DancingDuo/Doedre' skin --- Great Clear, Delve 300+, Uber Elder Done!

Welcome Exiles to my Dancing Duo/Doedre's skin Build, which I am playing in 3.8 Blight League.

Intro
Spoiler

Dancing Duo are my favorite minions to play because they are sexy-looking, fast, aggressive, unkillable, and cheap (no 6-link needed).

With 3.8 newly introduced item Triad Grip, physical minions went up to a different level and I had to try it out. With Doedre's skin, you have 7-8 curses up almost all the time, and normal/rare monsters can barely touch you. That combined with 8-10K hybrid life/ES, it was a very safe playstyle. The clear speed is awesome as Dancing Duo spin around triggering Profane Bloom to blow up everything. Bossing is also not bad as we also got some nice physical Spectre, enhanced Vaal advocate to help with that. I also use Zombies cause well they are broken right now.

Contents I have done with this build
Spoiler

Uber Elder (Killed them many times, but not deathless cause I am not very good at it)
Delve 300+
T15 Blighted Maps
T16s (Any rolls except for ele reflect)

Pro's & Con's
Spoiler

+ Budget Friendly (no 6-links, 1-2 ex to get started)
+ Scale well into the end game
+ Fast and satisfying Clear
+ 7-8 curses up at all times
+ 8-10 K hybrid Life/ES
+ Dancing Duo just look sooo cool

- Not the highest of DPS, but 2-3 M Shaper DPS is not a problem.
- Balancing dex and resists can be somewhat difficult.
- Zombies will die to Uber Elder, but we don't really need them anyways.
- No ele-reflect maps

My current Gear
Spoiler

Core Uniques
Spoiler

Note: Get good DPS roll on Dancing Duo and good ES roll on Doedre's skin. Need 4 green sockets on the Triad gloves to convert 100% minion physical damage to cold. Use crafting bench to get 4 off-colors. Also need three max rolled Writhing Jars, combined with "15%-reduced flask charge used" on the belt, we can trigger rampage and therefore summon our Dancing Duo on-demand for bossing.

Elder Helmet
Spoiler

Note: this is where we get our pseudo 5-linked Spectre and Zombies. Try and get Level 18+ Conc effect and minion damage, other than that, life/resists/dex are good. For spectre I use enhanced Vaal fallen, which can be found at Vaal out post in Delve. They have some insane single target DPS, and when bossing I use Deathmark support to make sure they actually attack the boss.

Unique Timeless Jewel:

Spoiler
Glorious Vanity, sacrificed in the name of Doryani

Note: Gives so much ES too good to pass up. Place it in the jewel socket near Chaos inoculation.

Rare unset rings, amulet, belt and boots
Spoiler

Stats priority: Life > Resists > Dex > ES.

Good movement speed on boots always help with clear speed.
I current use Aul'uprising so that I have mana for more curses, but it is really not needed. 7 curses is enough and just drop Warlord' Mark. It doesn't do much anyways. Have to have "reduced flask charge used" on belt. It is pretty cheap got mine for 10c.

Gem Setup
Spoiler

DancingDuo:
Melee Physical Damage- Elemental damage with Attacks- Brutality - Damage on full life - Elemental Focus - Feeding Frenzy

Switchables: Conc effect to replace Feeding Frenzy if more damage needed.
Funny note: with feed frenzy sometimes they run ahead of you to clear the way

Doedre' skin:
Punishment - Ele Weakness - Frostbite - Assasin's Mark - Enfeeble- Poacher's mark

Helmets:

Spectre - Raise Zombies - Meat Shield -Elemental damage with Attacks

Switchables: Replace Meat Shield with DeathMark for bossing/blighted maps

Traid grip:

Hatred(level 21 ideally) - Desecrate - Dash - Phase run (keep at low level if your dex is low)

Boots:

CWDT (level 1) - Immortal Call (level 3) - Blasphamy - Temp chain

Unset rings:

Convocation, Storm brand (to proc EE)

Passive Tree

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Profane Bloom > Malediction > Vile Bastion > Void Beacon

Bandits, Pantheons, Anointment
Spoiler

Bandits: kill all
Pantheons: Soul of Lunaris, Soul of Shakari
Anointment: I took grave intentions to save points.

Play style:
Spoiler
You phase run/dash from pack to pack, and summon Doedre's effigy as you go, while your minions clears everything for you. Note that summoning the effigy has no cast time, meaning you can move while you summon it. Very smooth and lay back play style.

Bossing: Drink up all your Writhing Jar to get your Duo out, cast Death mark and storm brand onto the boss, cast Effigy from time to time, then you just wait/dodge spells.

POB
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/v1AgyqhB

Triad cannot be calculated in POB yet, so I used "Minions gain 100% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage" as the mod, which leads to slightly higher DPS than the real DPS.

Concluding remarks
Spoiler

This is my 1st build guide so I apology for any ambiguities. Also I can't post videos since my laptop isn't up for it. If have questions I will answer to the best I can. Because I am a full time phD student I might not answer questions on a timely manner, but I will do my best. Also I welcome any comment and suggestions to further improve this build. Thank you!

Last edited by wodeljn on Oct 7, 2019, 12:03:11 AM
Last bumped on Nov 7, 2019, 10:30:50 PM
Just wanted to drop a line here and mention that I am currently running this build and it is tons of fun with some really thoughtful design. Currently only lvl 85 with no real endgame yet, but stay tuned!
Glad to hear! I have done multiple Uber elders with this build and they were not bad at all. Let me know if any issue pops up!
Wanted to clarify a bunch of really awesome mechanics that OP uses to make this build truly unique and incredibly functional.

When I first looked at the build I thought: Low life totals and some ES to compensate - not impressed. I decided to try it anyhow. Though I made a few adjustments, the Glorious Vanity Jewel really makes it so that your Life and ES work well together creating over 8k in eHP. This was mentioned in the guide but not clarified.

There multiple Reddit threads talking about how Doedre's Skin was a poor item. It is for a lot of builds, but it is great for minion based builds. As it stands there is a fair amount of idle time when playing minion builds and adding the Doedre Effigy to it makes it unobtrusive. With recent changes to offensive curses on bosses, it actually makes dropping Frostbit and Ele Weakness very relevant for DPS.

Now that I have hit 90, I have done everything except UE on the build. The worst thing I have experienced so far is Chimera. His smoke phase as difficult but everything else has been very manageable. Happy to answer questions for anyone who stumbles on this underrated and amazing build.

Feel free to check my profile under Gromrok_Blight_Witch for my current setup.

I might toy with a full Chaos conversion to allow me to run Ele reflect maps and use a wither setup, but the gloves with 4W are currently 7ex, so I will hold off.

Mega props to the OP.

"
Gromrok wrote:
Wanted to clarify a bunch of really awesome mechanics that OP uses to make this build truly unique and incredibly functional.

When I first looked at the build I thought: Low life totals and some ES to compensate - not impressed. I decided to try it anyhow. Though I made a few adjustments, the Glorious Vanity Jewel really makes it so that your Life and ES work well together creating over 8k in eHP. This was mentioned in the guide but not clarified.

There multiple Reddit threads talking about how Doedre's Skin was a poor item. It is for a lot of builds, but it is great for minion based builds. As it stands there is a fair amount of idle time when playing minion builds and adding the Doedre Effigy to it makes it unobtrusive. With recent changes to offensive curses on bosses, it actually makes dropping Frostbit and Ele Weakness very relevant for DPS.

Now that I have hit 90, I have done everything except UE on the build. The worst thing I have experienced so far is Chimera. His smoke phase as difficult but everything else has been very manageable. Happy to answer questions for anyone who stumbles on this underrated and amazing build.

Feel free to check my profile under Gromrok_Blight_Witch for my current setup.

I might toy with a full Chaos conversion to allow me to run Ele reflect maps and use a wither setup, but the gloves with 4W are currently 7ex, so I will hold off.

Mega props to the OP.

Again thank you for the positive feedback! Initially I wanted to make a chaos damage build with this but held off for the same reason. Also hatred works so well in this build as it gives about 30-40% more damage to ALL minions which is pretty insane. And, yes, I die to Chimera sometimes as well especially when he had to hide in the last smoke cloud. Will add some clarifications you mentioned soon.
I'm thinking about doing this build in a private league (mainly because it's the sort of thing I've always wanted to do and also bc the lack of 6l), but I'm mildly worried about my understanding of the dps output.

In the guide you say at one point that 2mil-3mil dps is possible, but in the POB it looks like each dervish get about .5mil dps. I know POB isn't perfect so I was wondering if there's something I missed? Or maybe if the 2mil dmg was with slightly different gear?

I mean 1mil is still solid and not a deal breaker. I like to try to understand what's going on when I use a build tho.
"
gallantblues wrote:
I'm thinking about doing this build in a private league (mainly because it's the sort of thing I've always wanted to do and also bc the lack of 6l), but I'm mildly worried about my understanding of the dps output.

In the guide you say at one point that 2mil-3mil dps is possible, but in the POB it looks like each dervish get about .5mil dps. I know POB isn't perfect so I was wondering if there's something I missed? Or maybe if the 2mil dmg was with slightly different gear?

I mean 1mil is still solid and not a deal breaker. I like to try to understand what's going on when I use a build tho.

2-3 M DPS comes from your Spectre. Duo gets about 0.5-0.7 M DPS each. Sorry this wasn't clear in the guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info