Build of the Weak - Wernickie, The Exiled King - (Hezmana's Bleed-Slam-Stunner League Starter)

____________Wernickie, King of the Karui____________

Wernickie wanted to be a chief of a small karui tribe. He became the chief of a small karui tribe. He wanted to be chief of a strong tribe. He found great warriors, and became the chief of great warriors. He wanted to be chief of a powerful tribe. He took his great warriors and defeated many armies. He wanted to be chief of a rich tribe. He took his many slaves to sell for gold in Oriath.
But Oriath trick the great warchief. They promised riches beyond wildest dreams, Just Fight for Ortiath, fight the Ezomyr with us.
They tell karui, you will be the first into battle. How many times they say this?
Wernickie becomes slave. Slave of Death for Oriathan Master. No longer called "Chief", now Wernickie "The Bezerker". Wernickie take his few great warriors and kill many Oriathans for Tukohama. Now I am left alone on land they call Wraeclast. This is punishment they say? I am home now. Let me return to my people. Now Wernickie wants to be King Of All Karui. Like Kaom. Wernickie take all Karui and Claim all Land for Karui.

____________Core Ideas of the Build____________

-I wanted to play Ground Slam.
-I wanted to play the Bezerker.
-I wanted to use a two-handed axe.
-I figured I'd focus on Physical damage. Keep it simple.
-Get a lot of Life Leech.
-Get lots of Area of Effect.
-Stun seems fun.
-Lets try it.

____________Recipie for the Build____________

Get:

Use Ground Slam all the way through the game. I soon realized I needed more than just a good skill. I needed threshold gems.

Get:

That helped, and continued to help all the way through the late game. But I needed good weapons as a jumping point. Spend a few Alchemy to get a good weapon early on.

I chose:

Eventually you will need a GOOD axe.

Get one of these bad boys:

(They usually sell for a few Chaos Orbs in the early league.)

Then Upgrade:

(Got that for about 80 Chaos Orbs)

Why Hezmana's Bloodlust you ask?
Hezmana's Bloodlust may look somewhat lackluster at first glance, but it is quite the formidable item.
-It's Unique: So it's easy to find / buy.
-Flat Physical Damage: Pretty high for 2H standards, adds to bleed, leech, and overall damage.
-1% Physical Leech: That is a helpful boost to our overall survivability.
-Blood Magic on Attacks: That is massive! Your mana issues are gone. Simple as that. Mana can be completely reserved for auras. You can Leap Slam to your heart's content. Give that left-clicker a rest. Hold right click indefinitely.

Those are the core items for my build. There are many other good choices that work well with the build which I'll cram into a spoiler.

Other Useful Unique Items

Redblade Tramplers add several useful perks to the build:
-Flat Physical helps almost every aspect of our damage effects.
-Reduced Stun Threshold adds to stuns granted by Ground Slam and passives. Stuns add to our survivability.
-Decent stat spread, and we don't worry about burning ground. Bonus.

Doryani's Invitation is a powerhouse addition to the build:
-Adds a commendable boost to all our damage and leech.
-Gives a respectable amount of elemental resistances, and a wee bit of leech.
-Helps a great deal in the "Stun Thine Enemy" department.

Carnage Heart is a great all-rounder for the build:
-A ton of additional stat points is good, and All Resistances bonus is agreeable.
-The chunky life leech on this, and the increase leech rate give a considerable buff to our survivability.
-Damage while leeching? We should always be leeching.
-Who doesn't like Extra Gore in an ARPG?

Wyrmsign was a personal choice for me, simply because I enjoy the Rampage effect. It does have synergistic properties to the newly added Rage effects granted by the Bezerker Ascendancy (among other sources). You really just go nuts once they are both high enough. And Rampage basically casts physical spells every so often.

Current Gear (With Gems)

____________Speaking of Gems____________

MAIN SKILL:
Ground Slam supplies the majority of our damage. The ammount invested in AoE, in conjuction with Pulverise, will really shine with the ammount of damage spread and conditions applied. Ground Slam also does more damage to closer targets. The spread can also clear gaps in the floor. Vaal Ground slam is beneficial because of its 100% to stun, and 360 degree spread. Adding more physical damage via our gems vastly ups the damage output and increases bleed, leech, and stuns. Brutality increases our Stun Duration.

TOTEM:
I chose to socket Ancestral Warcheif in my Wyrmsign because of the Concentrated Effect bonus for a chunky damage boost. The AoE is not as important because Ground Slam has so much. Bloodlust was used because most enemies will have bleed on them.

MOVEMENT:
Having a 5l for your Leap Slam is generally unnecessary, but it worked out in my favor, so I'd recommend it if you'd like to try it. The important thing is the Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support, which gives you endurance charges almost anytime you hit an enemy. Faster attacks is always beneficial, otherwise Fortify is helpful for survivability. Stun grants a lengthy stun. All together this setup makes leaping into packs pretty silly.

AURA:
I chose Haste specifically because of its the major source of our Attack Speed. Vaal Haste is nice for an extra burst of damage for tough elites or hurting a boss. Pride was a simple choice for the Physical Damage buff.

AUTOCAST:
Since all of our mana is taken, we cannot cast spells. Cast When Damage Taken eliminates the mana cost of spells, so when we take enough damage we get extra survivability in two ways: Stone Golem grants life regen, and pulls aggro. Immortal Call reduces all non-chaos damage.

TERTIARY DAMAGE:
As a bonus, Vengeance will dish out justice to mobs that escape the wrath of Ground Slam. You become the porcupine.

____________Passive Thoughts____________
I don't want to go too much into detail about passives because I think that much of the overall experience of making a character is experimenting with the passive tree. I will, however, list my choices of the Keynote and Notable passive nodes. For the Notables, I will list them in a rough outline of my level progression. Follow it to fit your needs.

Ascendancy Passives:
-Crave the Slaughter
-Pain Reaver
-Aspect of Carnage
-Rite of Ruin

Keynote Passive:
-Resolute Technique - I went for this right away. It really helps with consistent damage and this isn't a crit build anyways.

Notable Passives
-Born to Fight
-Butchery
-Barbarism
-Heart of the Warrior
-Warrior's Blood
-Kinetic Impacts
-Martial Expertise
-Beserkering
-Constitution
-Master of the Arena
-Bravery