I've hit the PS4 limit for summoner...

So I am doing T9s and the lag on normal blight encounters is just causing endless deaths.
I guess 4 specters, 9 zombies, 48 skeletons, animated guardian and srs totem is the limit for PS4.
At least my old Gen1 PS4 anyways.
Oh well it was fun while it lasted, guess I'll just grind 90 on white maps and call it a league, was fun while it lasted.
Tried a T1 blighted map, yeah sold the rest, it was a power point presentation of the potential of blight maps.
As I would say in my best dad voice, I'm not mad GGG, I'm disappointed.
Oh well Leroy, at least you got your chicken.

I will wear your ghost and you will die twice, against me and for me.
That is some cold blooded shit to say...
Last bumped on Nov 5, 2019, 9:54:55 PM
It's a playable league only if you choose something simple, like cobra lash, as your primary skill. Even then, the lag is fairly extreme, but the fast clear speed and muted skill effects somewhat make up for it.

Anyway, don't blame you for sitting this one out. Very funny power point reference, btw.
On XBox. "So this happened" report: :)

For my third build, I chose a Necromancer. Hey, that's what all the cool stuff is about this League, right?

"They're pushing Necro stuff, so maybe I should try one out for the first time?", I thunked to myself.

Great fun, deathless, running around with my minions through the campaign, no problems at all.

Then, I start some mapping. No problem, right? My Cyclone build did pretty good. Well, except when he got "too good" and started pissing off GGG's servers with his attack speed and overpowering Spin-to-Wins right into huge blobs of mobs... This forced automatic disconnects due to too many commands sent at once. In short, GGG's servers mistook whatever caused a battleneck of Cyclone Hits suddenly spurting in all at once as my innocent Cycloner trying a DDOS or something... Yay?

So, now I'm into the Atlas with my Necro. Nothing too much. 13 Zombies, Five Spectres, a Golem, a Animated Guardian, and up to 12 Skelli-bros as needed.

Lagfest.

Running the on-screen map overlay makes it doubly worse. "Well, I don't need to know where I'm going, do I?", I thunked to myself. "It'll be fine."

I came across a Breach... And, yes, I decide to have some fun. So, I opened it up and then popped my Vaal Summon Skeleton. Why? 'Cause why not? The game's already a lagfest on crappy low-level maps. What could be worse?

"I dunno... Let's see how bad it can get."

I couldn't move at all. Zero. I couldn't see what was happening because there was no framerate. There was only "frame." About every two seconds I heard an "Ahhh!" and that was about it. I did see a breechstone hand thingie pop up on the screen, though, but I couldn't move to open it. One grasping hand trying to rise above the stationary muck, dooomed to a brief life of immobility...

So, I just thumbed a health flask every once in awhile until it was over. I don't know if those bursts of health had any effect or if I would have died, otherwise, because nothing much was actually moving on the screen. A flash, here and there? Some briefly appearing skeleton looking really intent about trying to attack something, somewhere off screen? A dash of purple somewhere and then it's gone? Pretty much.

Afterwards, it was like one of those old "Flip Books" with pages of hand drawn animations coming together to make a tiny ball skitter across the bottom of the page for a few seconds. Then, it "calmed" back down to just a laggy, "normal," Atlas Map experience. (Frame rates seem cut in half. Didn't actually check on that, yet.)

Anyway, we "won." Or, at least I think we did. All the bad guys were gone and there were some Wisdom scrolls on the ground and a Breech Ring and a Shard. So, that's winning the Breech event in that map, right?

Because of the performance degradation with minions, and not even my full output there, I knew it was going to be a slideshow. I just wanted to see if it was going to crash or not. Well, it didn't crash. But, it was a very worrisome indicator of what my experience might be like should I venture deeper into the Atlas with a Necromancer build on console. PoE acted to save itself from a fatal error or crash by deciding to stop sending any more graphics updates to the screen.

"u wait. go slow now. us stop, me crunchy maths now... me talky-talky server-bro... u no touch candle... all done now. u go. have happy fun time."

Necromancers are being hyped, this League. Right? Well, I wanted to participate in that "hype" GGG was trying to get me excited about. The campaign was fine, aside from watching bosses just stand there for a few seconds and then die and skip most of their phases where they weren't "hardcoded."

IMO, all the area effect spells, auras, debuff indicators and the like seem to play havoc with groups of mobs/minions and the game's display framerates. And, even when none of that is in evidence the Xbox One struggles. However, my experience during the campaign was very different and none of that seemed to be a particular problem. /ponder
"
GrunkleBob wrote:
So I am doing T9s and the lag on normal blight encounters is just causing endless deaths.
I guess 4 specters, 9 zombies, 48 skeletons, animated guardian and srs totem is the limit for PS4.

Have you considered maybe switching to a build that uses a few less minions? It won't require a whole lot of different gear or passive tree changes.

They're still quite powerful. Builds focusing on Raise Specter capable of all content, and only use about a dozen minions total.

Far less lag.
tornado shot no lag sit in middle of blight maps delete repeat easy no lag new ranger anointment op all arrows come back to you easy delete everything on 5link.
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
GrunkleBob wrote:

Have you considered maybe switching to a build that uses a few less minions? It won't require a whole lot of different gear or passive tree changes.

They're still quite powerful. Builds focusing on Raise Specter capable of all content, and only use about a dozen minions total.

Far less lag.

Actually, I can't even delve now.
I stopped at 88.
I removed specters never use Vaal skeletons and removed all MTX and pets. Still garbage.
I'm good enough to laugh at shaper and die to Uelder, but I can't fight lag.
I just wish it would at least blue screen, it won't even accept my inputs so logging out is impossible.
I'm not talking low frame rate, I am talking NO frame rate.
.1 FPS or LESS.
In cyclone legion, I would at least blue screen and it was laughable.
Now I can barely search for my final trial so I can at least fully ascend and call it somewhat of a win.
I am going to try Mon'Truegels and see if less zombies helps.
It's so sad, Necro is by far my favorite.
Also on PC I play Necro with a friend and I have had to abandon mine for my Venom Gyre Assassin just to keep the game running.
I may roll a miner and see what he does on PS4, because I really love the game, it's just sad to see it crash to it's knees...
I already know 20 mines blowing at a time isn't going to be much better, but I wanna check it out.
"
woogy_ivxx wrote:
tornado shot no lag sit in middle of blight maps delete repeat easy no lag new ranger anointment op all arrows come back to you easy delete everything on 5link.

I'm sure it is. I have this thing in my head where I am waiting for bow rework to try again, but it seems to be doing just fine without rework. Then again, so were necros.
"
woogy_ivxx wrote:

Got a link to that particular build?

I see a lot of different TS builds...
"
GrunkleBob wrote:
...Actually, I can't even delve now.
I stopped at 88.
I removed specters never use Vaal skeletons and removed all MTX and pets. Still garbage.
I'm good enough to laugh at shaper and die to Uelder, but I can't fight lag.
I just wish it would at least blue screen, it won't even accept my inputs so logging out is impossible.
I'm not talking low frame rate, I am talking NO frame rate.
.1 FPS or LESS.

I've had the same issue.

"
In cyclone legion, I would at least blue screen and it was laughable.
Now I can barely search for my final trial so I can at least fully ascend and call it somewhat of a win.
I am going to try Mon'Truegels and see if less zombies helps.
It's so sad, Necro is by far my favorite.
Also on PC I play Necro with a friend and I have had to abandon mine for my Venom Gyre Assassin just to keep the game running.

That last bit - "Also on PC I play Necro with a friend and I have had to abandon mine for Venom Gyre Assassin just to keep the game running."

Are you saying that your Necro causes unreasonable lag on PC? That "might" be pointing to some connection issues you can try to get fixed. It might be worth your time to look into the health of your connection, your internal network, and maybe have a talk with your ISP to see what they can do for you.

"
I may roll a miner and see what he does on PS4, because I really love the game, it's just sad to see it crash to it's knees...
I already know 20 mines blowing at a time isn't going to be much better, but I wanna check it out.

I run a Cyclone build as well as a Necro. The Cyclone build is currently stymied due to some needed items I can't afford right now. But, he's a good Delve-runner. The Necro, on the other hand, can cruise through Red Maps, but I get shut down quite often by ".1 FPS" where nothing moves and all I hear is the enemy's screams for tens of seconds at a time... It's hit or miss, depending on AOE's, debuffs showering minions, and number of mobs on the screen. Blights are NOT doable for me on Red maps - It's not even a "slideshow." One frame... maybe another.. then, maybe another... go get coffee... another frame... take a shower... frame five.
It’s pretty laughable (sad?) even running 12 skeletons, 14 zombies, and 2 golems. I’ve done blighted maps up to T12, and at this point, the only way to complete them is to put as many towers near the pump as you can before the slideshow starts, then execute your hail Mary play (vaal summon skeleton).

On a side note, muting your sound effects volume helps with the lag/blue screens somewhat — believe it or not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info