Crossplay

Recent comments and choices from Sony suggest they have both the means and willingness to enable crossplay on any game whose developers push for it (see this article, among others: https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/02/ps4-crossplay-can-now-support-title-says-sony-10845969/ )

If you are a console player who- like me- thinks that enabling crossplay would be wonderful for the console community, please consider commenting on this thread with a simple expression of support. For example:

My Xbox gamertag is DistinctMist08, and I sincerely hope to be able to play Path of Exile and trade with my ps4 brethren in the not-too-distant future.
Last bumped on Oct 11, 2019, 11:51:07 AM
Hell yea lets do it combine xbox and ps4,ill buy another supporter pack!
Xbox player here and I’d love to have the opportunity to play with my PS4 brethren in the near future! Let’s make this a reality.
While I would obviously love crossplay as well, I do not have much faith in GGG being able to do so while keeping the server stable.

Yes, It would be cool, but a shot in the dark at best.

Best case scenario, combine the tradeboards and let us cross-trade.

I'm still pretty miffed at how GGG is actually handling the balancing of skills right now. Their playerbase on PC is all but gone, and I'm sure they're still gunna follow the same pattern. Nerf shit to the ground, break all the popular farming builds, and buff some random skill that we're expected to use for 3 months at a time. SOLID.

I would go play standard, but every single one of my standard characters have been gutted by these changes.

I'm just ranting now but yea state of the game isn't great, I wouldn't be surprised if our playerbase tanks and there wont be a reason to even update the console's anymore. Especially if PC tanked so bad they were so desperate they released the salvage loot box. :D
+1 This is sorely needed. Please make this happen!
"
While I would obviously love crossplay as well, I do not have much faith in GGG being able to do so while keeping the server stable.

Yes, It would be cool, but a shot in the dark at best.

Best case scenario, combine the tradeboards and let us cross-trade.

I'm still pretty miffed at how GGG is actually handling the balancing of skills right now. Their playerbase on PC is all but gone, and I'm sure they're still gunna follow the same pattern. Nerf shit to the ground, break all the popular farming builds, and buff some random skill that we're expected to use for 3 months at a time. SOLID.

I would go play standard, but every single one of my standard characters have been gutted by these changes.

I'm just ranting now but yea state of the game isn't great, I wouldn't be surprised if our playerbase tanks and there wont be a reason to even update the console's anymore. Especially if PC tanked so bad they were so desperate they released the salvage loot box. :D

I just checked steam stats and they had about 30k players today, and that's just with the steam client, not counting those who downloaded the game separately. They might be a bit lower than normal due to the performance issues and somewhat boring league, but most people come back to play eventually, especially if they've sunk money into the game.

I hope 4.0 really turns this game around, they seem to be hyping it up a lot. An engine overhaul would be nice considering all the extra content that has been added since 2012. I really don't want to see PoE die, on PC or console. It's probably my favorite game of all time and basically all that I play now.

As for crossplay, I remember reading through an interview with Chris a few months before the PS4 client was released, and he said something about being interested in cross console play to strengthen the playerbase. I think it would be fantastic for everybody. I'll link the article if I can find it.
Last edited by tendency2burn on Oct 2, 2019, 11:26:29 PM
I'm in favor of CrossPlay.

For the TradeMarket as a minimum, but it would be great if it was for everything.
+1 at least for the trade market.
Please allow the trade board
yes, we need cross-play & cross-save

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info