Star of Wraeclast recipe fails to carry anoint from onyx; UNSHAPED despite shaped ingredients

Tested with:
(shaped ruby ring)
(lv 20 corrupted lightning warp)
(shaped onyx amulet)

Expected a shaped Star of Wraeclast, but the vendor's result was a normal unshaped Star of Wraeclast. Not even the trash anointment carried over.

Personally I would have expected the anointment to also follow as expected behavior, but getting an unshaped unique amulet is even worse.
Last edited by Rhys on Sep 29, 2019, 3:36:41 PM
Last bumped on Oct 6, 2019, 7:22:08 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It is not a bug, but i would say it may be good to have recipe update for shaper part.

For anointment it seem it is quite different from talisman upgrade so i don't think it had need to update the recipe to have anointment carry over to another item
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
neohongkong wrote:
It is not a bug, but i would say it may be good to have recipe update for shaper part.

For anointment it seem it is quite different from talisman upgrade so i don't think it had need to update the recipe to have anointment carry over to another item

Sure, I agree with your view that having a recipe update for shaper/elder items would be nice especially given the release of items like Eternity Shroud.

But I disagree with your assessment of this as a bug. A bug is something that's an error/flaw/failure/fault that brings about an unexpected result. Given that other recipes exist for shaper/elder items, I didn't think it was too far-fetched to assume it also applied for this rather old recipe.

They did do an update for this in 3.3 for Loreweave and other items:
"Updated the Loreweave, Kingmaker, and The Taming vendor recipes to give Shaper and Elder results if all the inputs were Shaper or Elder items. Elder/Shaper Breach items now also maintain their status if they are transformed with a Blessing."

My question is why Star of Wraeclast has been excluded. Even this post http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2120894/page/1#p15416580 from March 2018 shows that even ingredients without anointments don't upgrade to a shaped version, so this is a problem that has gone unaddressed for a good 1.5 years.

As for your other point, implicit carrying has had a place in vendor recipes, like with "item sells for much more to vendors". Why it shouldn't be the same for anointments is puzzling to me.

++ Thanks to @Rhys for helping the images show up in the original post.
Last edited by 2ne8 on Sep 30, 2019, 6:41:14 PM
Can GGG have their final say to give the Star a Shaper recipe or not?

This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Yeah, we should allow it
Code warrior

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info