3.11 Armageddon Chieftain - Ignite everything up to T16 on a 10C budget.

"
falfool wrote:
"
Nixxar wrote:
I have a new thing I am struggling with. I have the choice between two rings which show very different things on the brand dps for ignites, and it's about a 100k difference, so I am inclined to not use the unique ring anymore.

Just wondering if someone with more experience in pob can give a definitive answers on which ring to use?

Any help would be appreciated.

The DPS increase from Emberwake comes from being able to apply more than ignite at the same time, which POB (as I understand) does not account for. It shows a decrease in ignite DPS because of the "ignite burns slower" mod on Emberwake, which POB does account for.

Cool, interesting explanation, but would an extra ignite really be worth a drop from 290k ignite dps to 165k ignite dps?

I am at a loss on how to calculate this (using ingame ignite dps atm). I mean, how can I see how many ignites we are allowed on a target? From there I could recalculate, but I don't see that anywhere.

Last edited by Nixxar on Jul 7, 2020, 1:04:38 AM
Hey there,

build is running great so far - in general. I have the feeling I am missing a lot of defence though. Random oneshots, even with 4 endurance charges. Anyone tested the block variant or blood magic variant in comparison? Are they more tanky? I am still kinda new to PoE, so I cannot really tell what my scaling options are right now. Gear is not optimal by any means, but where am I missing my defence stuff? Any help is appreciated!

current pob:
https://pastebin.com/G14KX2Rw
Block variant is safer but it still doesn't mean you can facetank everything... Rely on moving around and manually dodging slams, telegraphed attacks, etc. Movement speed on boots is essential, don't compromise on it!

For your build, you can replace Skitterbots with Flesh & Stone (in Sand Stance) to gain permanent blind on near enemies. Your damage should be fine with Yoke and the Watcher's Eye, so this will help a lot against zergs or bad positioning.

Anointed Flesh is 3 points away and it gives you 1 max resist, which is very valuable. You can also take 1 point off in the left side of the tree, "Elemental Damage and Penetration" since pen doesn't apply to ignite/dot damage.

A more subjective tip would be to practice using Molten Shell / guard skills without CWDT, for when you anticipate damage. I find it gives more predictable results that way.

glhf !
Leveling it just right now, have to say it feels like glassy cannon. May i did something wrong, or its just view of a true playstyle of this build?
I have had alot more gameplay success since I switched to the Blood Magic version listed a few pages back. For example, today I have been able to do the Cortex and Sirus A6 deathless. Something I had not achieved in prior leagues.

Getting the gear for the blood magic build is quite easy too. Lots of cheap uniques. The gloves you need will be expensive or need to be self crafted due to the high dex. requirement of the build and to not take any of the 30 dex nodes on the tree.

Calculating dps is the real hardship for me so far though. My current gear seems to feel best, ignoring the Emberwake, but I could be completely wrong.

Current gear as of this writing:

Keep in mind the gear above is a bit more expensive then the 10c budget listed in the build, but that's where you go once you have started rolling into red maps I guess.

Still interested in seeing what other people have accomplished so far with varying builds.
Last edited by Nixxar on Jul 8, 2020, 1:51:35 PM
"
elPlatono wrote:
Leveling it just right now, have to say it feels like glassy cannon. May i did something wrong, or its just view of a true playstyle of this build?

I'd suggest swapping to the Blood Magic variant of this build listed on page 12. Up to that point I was having issues too.

My personal pob so far:

https://pastebin.com/v9SrK4Ri

Keep in mind alot of people think Emberwake is a better ring instead of the rare I use. It's a personal thing as it "feels" better to me. I am still not able to calculate ignite / burn dps correctly ...

I'm a pleb, I know.
is there any value in using a 6link chestpiece ? and if so, what would you use in said piece?

thanks in advance, i really enjoyed the guide so far C:
Is it worth using 2 emberwakes or emberwake+taming?
"
Nyu_Kyojin wrote:
is there any value in using a 6link chestpiece ? and if so, what would you use in said piece?

thanks in advance, i really enjoyed the guide so far C:

Might be nice to combine with Cremation, but otherwise I'd say no.
"
Hyperionkek wrote:
Is it worth using 2 emberwakes or emberwake+taming?

I prefer having at least a taming. I let go of the emberwake at some point as it seems to feel better with a rare ruby ring.

Emberwake should be better boss dps though, but still haven't figured out calculating this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info