3.8.1b Hotfix

3.8.1b Hotfix:

  • Fixed a client stall that could occur when certain effects were being played if you had a frame rate drop for some other reason.

This patch has been deployed without a restart. You will need to restart your client to get the client elements of this patch.
Last bumped on Sep 27, 2019, 10:54:00 AM
ty for fix!
Blight Master Craft Service in Blight My IGN: OfferCraftService
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Blight Masters 8 level Crafting All Service all crafts mods
Best Blight SC Master Craft Service Blight SC in BSC!
Master Crafting Service in Blight BSC PM: OfferCraftService
1 hour estimated time to install a 22.6 MB patch with steam.

You seriously need to fix your stuff with steam, it's more and more stupidly long.
crashed 4 times in the last hour since updating. Thanks.

crashed 0 times yesterday (and before)
this update uses even more CPU power...
GGG's awesome. Thank you.

Oops.
"
CaMarchePas wrote:
1 hour estimated time to install a 22.6 MB patch with steam.

You seriously need to fix your stuff with steam, it's more and more stupidly long.


Not GGG's fault. Go yell at Valve. They won't fix jack.
GGG's awesome. Thank you.

Oops.
I'm hopeful about this one, but i also hope this proves every consecutive league becomes harder for our setups to run because of stuff like this and syndicate that was promised a fix this autumn and still hasn't received an update or even a mention.

Broader performance updates would make this game so much more enjoyable for all the people without the luck of a good server and the money for a super pc...
"
bvanharjr wrote:
"
CaMarchePas wrote:
1 hour estimated time to install a 22.6 MB patch with steam.

You seriously need to fix your stuff with steam, it's more and more stupidly long.


Not GGG's fault. Go yell at Valve. They won't fix jack.



LOL, are you seriuos? That always was GGG fault. Other games in Valve is patching very well. Only in PoE, patching it's a problem.
IGN: DarkMorgana PinkMorgana
"
Exoul wrote:
"
bvanharjr wrote:
"
CaMarchePas wrote:
1 hour estimated time to install a 22.6 MB patch with steam.

You seriously need to fix your stuff with steam, it's more and more stupidly long.


Not GGG's fault. Go yell at Valve. They won't fix jack.



LOL, are you seriuos? That always was GGG fault. Other games in Valve is patching very well. Only in PoE, patching it's a problem.


Very. Their updater HATES how GGG's got their file architecture set. This isn't the only game that I have had issues with update times, either.

Loose files are VERY EASY & VERY QUICK to patch.
GGG's awesome. Thank you.

Oops.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Sep 26, 2019, 2:33:12 AM
@ Kieren_GGG

(1) Would have an FPS cap via RTSS (Riva Tuner Statistic Server) prevented this?

(2) Why does GGG not recommend an FPS cap?

(a) POE is not CS:GO

(b) Makes for consistency (smooth Frame Times)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info