Bestiary crafting questions

Hi all. Sorry if this is a confused question. I want to use the blood altar to corrupt a weapon to have 30% quality. I have the Craicic Vassal as well as all the other red beasts for the different crafting options but i dont seem to have captured a single rare creature. Considering i need to sacrifice three rare creatures how difficult is it to find them? Is there a specific level of map they are more likely to spawn in? Thanks
Last bumped on Sep 25, 2019, 9:24:38 PM
they aren't too hard to come across, just do your maps through einhart so you have him in your maps, after a few maps check to see if you have captured the ones you need and rinse repeat til you do.
Thanks. Also stupid question. If i corrupt the weapon for 30% quality will the item be bricked? So cant change any stats sockets etc on it?
correct. once anything is corrupted it can no longer be modded.
FYI: Corrupting items can also alter them into garbage.
"
Dawgacus wrote:

That last bit isn't true in the case of this recipe.

It has a 100% guaranteed outcome.

Item Quality is set to 30%, and the item gets the Corrupted tag, preventing further modification*.

* You actually can change sockets and links of corrupted items using the crafting bench, it's just expensive. You have to pay a Vaal Orb for each other currency item you need for the recipe. So setting a Corrupted item to 6-link costs 1500 fusings AND 1500 Vaal orbs.
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
Dawgacus wrote:

Item Quality is set to 30%, and the item gets the Corrupted tag, preventing further modification*.

* You actually can change sockets and links of corrupted items using the crafting bench, it's just expensive. You have to pay a Vaal Orb for each other currency item you need for the recipe. So setting a Corrupted item to 6-link costs 1500 fusings AND 1500 Vaal orbs.

I did not know that, I was under the dumas assumption that once it was corrupt it was final. 1500 fusings and 1500 vaal orbs at the same time? is that even possible to have in your inv?!
"
Dawgacus wrote:
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
Dawgacus wrote:

I did not know that, I was under the dumas assumption that once it was corrupt it was final. 1500 fusings and 1500 vaal orbs at the same time? is that even possible to have in your inv?!

The crafting bench will pull from your stash to pay for stuff, so you don't have to carry it with you.

For a much less expensive example, if you have a corrupted pair of gloves that only have one socket, you can 4-socket them for 10 jeweler's orbs and 10 vaal orbs, and then 4-link them for 5 fusings and 5 vaal orbs.
"
unclearthur wrote:
Hi all. Sorry if this is a confused question. I want to use the blood altar to corrupt a weapon to have 30% quality. I have the Craicic Vassal as well as all the other red beasts for the different crafting options but i dont seem to have captured a single rare creature. Considering i need to sacrifice three rare creatures how difficult is it to find them? Is there a specific level of map they are more likely to spawn in? Thanks

Are you using this only to get the 30% Quality on that weapon? If so, why not use Delve's Perfect Fossil instead? You can get 30% Quality with that and don't have to corrupt the item, leaving yourself a nice base item for Crafting purposes.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Perfect_Fossil

(Note: I don't think you can increase a Unique weapon's Quality past 20% using any means other than possibly Chancing a 30% Quality base item (Using the Delve recipe, first) to its Unique.)

On Rare Creatures: Just dump maps into doing Bestiary missions. You'll get plenty of those. For the highest Tier daily Missions, make sure you've done the highest tier map you can do as your last map run for the period before 12am. Your awarded daily allotment of Tier missions will be awarded based on that last map Tier. (White/Yellow/Red Tiers)
Last edited by Morkonan on Sep 25, 2019, 2:15:34 PM
"
Morkonan wrote:

(Note: I don't think you can increase a Unique weapon's Quality past 20% using any means other than possibly Chancing a 30% Quality base item (Using the Delve recipe, first) to its Unique.)

The Beastcrafting 30% Quality corruption recipe works on uniques. I've done it. (Technically not with a weapon, but I don't see why it would work with shields and armor but not weapons).
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
Morkonan wrote:

The Beastcrafting 30% Quality corruption recipe works on uniques. I've done it. (Technically not with a weapon, but I don't see why it would work with shields and armor but not weapons).

Interesting. But... with that Corruption do you still have a decent chance of keeping the original Unique?

I dunno. For an expensive Unique one was depending on, I wouldn't risk it. For a "shot in the dark" at getting a highly valuable item, maybe. I guess with Vorricci it's easier since it can be white-socketed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info