Goodbye Charan

"
girng wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
his poetry was definitely lost on me
though ever since the tencent happenings he just seemed bitter. jealous, perhaps.

i also wish him good health, even if he isn't gone. but leaving this forum would probably contribute to it

I'd feel bitter too if I supported a game company with tens of thousands of dollars, then they sell out to a multi-billion dollar conglomerate.

Sorry, I just love my post.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
what happen?

=(
my english sux.
Last edited by C1111 on Oct 9, 2019, 10:44:04 AM
"
C1111 wrote:
what happen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XleOkGsYgO8

Charan moved on.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Honestly this is normal for any MMO, people will eventually get tired of playing the same game for like 6 years and just move on. Specially now that we got some newer ARPGS coming "Soon"(™).
"
SaintLucifer wrote:
Honestly this is normal for any MMO, people will eventually get tired of playing the same game for like 6 years and just move on. Specially now that we got some newer ARPGS coming "Soon"(™).

Except for the fact that this was not the (main) reason. And calling POE an MMO is ... brave ;)
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
"
girng wrote:
"
C1111 wrote:
what happen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XleOkGsYgO8

Charan moved on.

Way to disappoint, I thought it was gonna be a rick roll.

Also, I don't think this is permanent. After someone mentioned he was still lurking on his other account he set it to private. I think he's just chilling, waiting for people to forget, then he'll make a return.

I'm mostly thinking this because what is there to move on from? Can visiting a forum really impact someones life enough to make a thing of it like this?

I give it until 4.0 at the latest until he comes back. Because I've agreed with pretty much everything Chris has had to say on the game and it's direction, so I trust 4.0 is gonna be crazy good for making it a way more proper game.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"

Also, I don't think this is permanent. After someone mentioned he was still lurking on his other account he set it to private. I think he's just chilling, waiting for people to forget, then he'll make a return.

Honestly, most likely. One does not simply quit Path of Exile. Especially a player who has donated thousands (if not tens of thousands) of dollars. There comes a point where the emotional investment becomes permanently instilled in the brain.

Are people really surprised, though? Last I knew, he wasn't even playing anymore. He consistently brought up criticisms that otherwise were drowned out by the non-stop circlejerking. He probably just finally gave up.

To me, this is a sign of the approaching end. Nobody else with any clout is that critical of GGG, it can only go down faster from here.
This is a buff™
I stopped taking him seriously when he boycotted Bestiary citing animal cruelty.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
"
Moridin79 wrote:
I stopped taking him seriously when he boycotted Bestiary citing animal cruelty.

LOL did he really?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info