Suggestion: What to do with the Hall of Grandmasters (and No, not that)

I think just getting rid of it is both unrealistic and unreasonable. A Deal was struck (the full terms of which I am not familiar), and I think that GGG should strive to honour their commitments. On the other hand, the right to torment future Players is not something that I think People should be able to buy.

1. Get it off the Altas proper (this means it not longer can figure into Complete the Atlas stuff for example). Make it an area reachable by putting fragments into the Map Machine. The Fragments could be dropped by Rogue Exiles.

2. Create Tiers of Challenge Level and give a shout out for the first to enter each Tier, but provide little experience at any Tier. Whether or not to have specific drops I cannot say.

3. I'd give a shout out for first to "beat" each tier too, but that does not seem to part of the GGG way (I guess that "meeting" predates me and perhaps determining the "winner" for Groups would be problematic).

4. Oh, and convince the Devs not to try to just undo it all through some other new mechanism.

Hopefully after the changes, the Hall of Grandmasters would remain relevant enough to honour the spirit of the Deal made. Players who want some glory can go for it. Players that just like trying it once and while can still do that. Players who want to get rid of it will have an easier time ignoring it. Alas though for those who enjoyed the tormenting others bit.
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
Last bumped on Sep 28, 2019, 7:48:49 PM
Not bad suggestions. I always wondered why it was part of the Atlas and the completion of it. I like the idea of it, but a whole map with unkillable gimmick builds from past players is not something that I would enjoy, especially if I'm going for completion.
It's honestly not that bad... I would have just easily beat it.. but blue screen crashes had another thing in mind.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info