Build struggle arround my bow.

I've allways liked bow builds, but I have stayed away from them because my first attempts have been all fails. Low DPS, dying a lot...

This league I found a pretty good bow http://prntscr.com/pa2xpv

Hopping that this would finally satisfy me, I've found myself in the same struggle. My DPS against mobs in T10-12 maps is good, but as soon it is a blue or yellow monster my damage is just non existent, imagine bosses...
I have been checking loads of guides and other builds and just cant figure it out. I understand that playing a dex build leaves you with not much life and dying is something that could happen easily if you are not paying attention, what is realy driving me crazy is been unable to kill anything else but normal mobs.

I would realy apreciate some help. I have more than 6Ex that I could spend. If somebody whants to take a look and maybe has some idea how to fix my problem, this should be the PoB link https://pastebin.com/ng9u7R4R

Thanks for taking your time to read this :)
Last bumped on Sep 24, 2019, 10:34:23 AM
I have only ever playing Tornado Shot, Lightning Arrow, and Fire Ele Hit, and have never used dex stacking, but I took a look at your build and some things that may help are:

1. Get a 6L, preferably two - one for clear and one for single target that fires a single arrow (no LMP or GMP).

2. Use GMP and not LMP in your clear setup.

3. Use a Diamond Flask.

4. Link Herald of Ice with Curse on Hit and Assassin's Mark and either Ice Bite for frenzy charges, Onslaught, or Innervate. Ideally you would have a shaper ring with 'curse enemies with lvl x assassins mark'.

5. Try out using Call of the Brotherhood ring and Yoke of Suffering amulet. Elemental Hit builds focus around converting the unused elemental damage (in your case, lightning and fire) into cold damage.

6. Maybe try Hatred

I could be wrong but I don't think ele hit and dex stacking bows really jive well. All the ele hit builds I've seen use a multi-modded %chance to deal double damage bow.

Go to poe.ninja website to the builds section and change the skill to Elemental Hit. You can sort by DPS and take a look to see what other people are doing.

Last edited by 0palescent on Sep 23, 2019, 11:59:25 PM
Your bow's base attack speed is too low.... you want 1.50 base minimum..
"
0palescent wrote:
I could be wrong but I don't think ele hit and dex stacking bows really jive well. All the ele hit builds I've seen use a multi-modded %chance to deal double damage bow.

Go to poe.ninja website to the builds section and change the skill to Elemental Hit. You can sort by DPS and take a look to see what other people are doing.
To be honest, I've never seen an Ele Hit build that wouldn't use Avatar of Fire (so fire path not cold or lightning). Cold / Lightning builds are usually Scourge Arrow, Lightning Arrow, Ice Shot, Tornado Shot.

I've seen a guide for cold ele hit MF but never seen people playing it actually plus MF is usually made for low tier maps so you can have little hp and just swap as many items as possible for MF ones.

Ele hit usually also benefits a lot from +gem levels because it counts as all types (+fire, cold, lightning gems all work even if you "disable" elements through combat focus the gem still gets bonus levels).

The dex stacking build guide is 1) for tornado shot 2) stated to be extremely expensive (like: don't approach without couple of dozens of ex).

If I wanted to make "newbie friedly" bow build I would probably pick whatever bow has high weapon damage, crit and attack speed baseline, without any other frills, get a 5-link at least or even a 6 (tabula etc.) and then compare the damage and feel of different skills.

From what I know playing ice shot / tornado shot / lightning arrow you're forced into using barrage for bossing. If you want all-rounder skill, I've heard scourge arrow can do it, and you can build it many ways (phys impale, converted to lightning / cold, added lightning / cold, even poison or ignite proliferation builds). Only downside is having to stand and charge up the cast. So not everyone's playstyle.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info