L2 No Longer Stops PC Movement

Whenever I move the PC around there is some forward movement. Prior to 3.8 I used L2 on the PS4 controller. That worked fine and I used it often. Now I can't because you have redefined the lever to offer more attack options which I don't need. Is there a new function to stop and hold a PC so they can look around without moving? I haven't decided if this is a game-breaker for me or not. Disappointed and worse if there is no solution.
Last edited by Ratsneve on Nov 5, 2019, 10:11:41 PM
Last bumped on Nov 4, 2019, 5:36:56 PM
Not okay for PS4:

"Added a new set of skill bindings accessed by pressing and holding LT or L2. This replaces the previous "Stand-in-place" functionality of those buttons."

Please revert this lousy "feature" back to 3.7. Added skill bindings not needed except for die-hard PC gamers. ROTFL

"Stand-in-place" is really needed for quick aiming control without moving into monsters OR INTO SAWS IN THE LABYRINTH while aiming and firing on the PS4 at least. Do an option to map L2 to stop movement or offer more skills?

Further suggestion on this... If one needs more skills use the alternate II weapon slots for setting up attacks and then switch back to primary weapons and skills?
Last edited by Ratsneve on Sep 23, 2019, 4:07:51 AM
The problem again on the PS4 CONSOLE only, as far as I know, is that whenever you aim now in close quarters, like the Labyrinth, the character must move forward a little in order to turn and if you hit something like a saw blade in the Labyrinth while trying to aim you are immediately going to back away turning completely around. Have you ever tried attacking while moving backwards--you can't--well maybe just don't aim and use an AoE?

I need an option to stop movement like 'L2' offered. Maybe 'L2' could double to stop movement and still offer up skills assigned to it? Gamers would learn that when firing off an 'L2' skill their character can't move?

Nope that won't work because now one would be limited to only those L2 skills. Of course I don't need any L2 skills so I could assign the same default skills there too. :). Please come up with a solution. My best is still to offer an option to define use of 'L2' to stop movement _or_ offer more skills.
Last edited by Ratsneve on Sep 23, 2019, 11:32:23 AM
Damnit! GGG moved this out of Technical Support into the Bottomless Feedback Pit. I better learn how to aim without moving--something impossible to do now OR give up the game--something I've tried to do unsuccessfully. I don't think GGG has any strong PS4 beta testers.
Try playing a summoner build without that extra skill bar. I use 11 slot, could use all 12, but don't want X bound with a skill. Your character stops immediately when you let go of the stick now, which fixed most of the uses of L2 previously.
"
Try playing a summoner build without that extra skill bar. I use 11 slot, could use all 12, but don't want X bound with a skill. Your character stops immediately when you let go of the stick now, which fixed most of the uses of L2 previously.
I will work on turning without moving--I have no other choice since GGG has relegated this issue to Feedback. They have bigger fish to fry.
BTW, I can't fathom what and how and so on so many of you play PoE. The game is amazing and I am only looking for the simplest easiest way through it all. Hats off!
Have the majority of players really not got a problem with this? Like I've just started trying to play this on console and its nigh on unplayable. I was trying to aim at enemies by moving in their direction and my character decided to point and move in the opposite direction it constantly and consistently does this. I can post a video of this if people want. I cant aim at anything or aim at anything without moving on PS4, and I have to hope that it points in the right direction.
Last edited by calabi on Nov 4, 2019, 7:00:06 AM
"
calabi wrote:
Have the majority of players really not got a problem with this? Like I've just started trying to play this on console and its nigh on unplayable. I was trying to aim at enemies by moving in their direction and my character decided to point and move in the opposite direction it constantly and consistently does this. I can post a video of this if people want. I cant aim at anything or aim at anything without moving on PS4, and I have to hope that it points in the right direction.
I'm the original poster here and I can say that there is no longer any problem or inconvenience aiming. However I do use Arc largely exclusively and largely don't have to aim carefully at all. I've reached level 76 now using Enki's Arc build exclusively and although I was upset at the beginning of this thread I am now fully adjusted to the mechanics--this is with the PS4 too. I think I might have more problems now if using the PC. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info