Can shaper stop being such wauw!

Och so when ever i do a tier 13-15 shaper map things get messy and even more laggy then usual. This especially when shaper pops up to throw his balls in my face, just when I'm going in for the kill of a big pack with some einhar beast, or not, don't think it matters really, everything either stops and I crash, or I get to see frame by frame how I end up dead on the floor.

Did shaper get a prettier look lately? Didn't get this far last league came in late because it was unplayable in party for a very long time. But on 3.5 (or was it 3.6) the release for ps4 it was totally fine!

My question I guese is this just me and my build or is this for everyone now? Should I just go back and only play chaos builds here on out?
Please remove mf gear
Last edited by DiogenesCritique on Sep 19, 2019, 10:13:55 AM
Last bumped on Sep 19, 2019, 12:26:04 PM
are you playing summoner? for some reason GGG thinks its a smart idea to calculate all the auras,debuffs etc for every single minion every 33ms. that makes summoner borderline unplayable on consoles.
Such a tease... k if this is the case then I suppose I'm done with this character I really don't enjoy this tho...
Please remove mf gear
"
Sarciss wrote:
are you playing summoner? for some reason GGG thinks its a smart idea to calculate all the auras,debuffs etc for every single minion every 33ms. that makes summoner borderline unplayable on consoles.

Do you have any source for that?

It's not that I doubt it. When I first started playing PoE on Xbox soon after it's release, I chose a Cyclone build. It was painfully obvious that some sort of processing impact was being made much worse by what appeared to be stacks of calcs being done on every mob within the radius of my attacks. It became completely unplayable. And, if there was an added Bleed effect? Guaranteed slideshow.

This League I'm returning to the Cyclone build and I'm cruising through large packs of mobs. Something has obviously changed/been improved/gotten much better. Even so, considering that every mob has to have a ton of debuffs applied, hits counted, affliction effects, etc, that's a lot of processing. It still appears to work very smoothly so far, though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info