Cyclone CWC Blade Vortex ((About 20mill+ Shaper dps with everything up)

Just leaving this here. Check it out in PoB and check all the necessary boxes. Will update as I improve gear. Just put this together in the last few days and realized it's the highest dps build I ever made. Will make a video once I get to Guardians.

Need better rings, belt and can upgrade body armour to Cospri's Will but dps will be around the same.

Clear speed is also fast as I'm always at 150% movement speed whilst cycloning. It's like having 195% movement speed (195% x 0.7 = 150%) but I don't need a flask to main it.

10 stacks of blade vortex is always up unlike CoC builds which require you to hit things to build up stacks. Also have 3 lvl27 Shockwave totems that do about 3mill dps each which I just use for Blights. Bosses die too fast to even bother placing them.

Just started red maps and so far all bosses have died before they can finish a single attack.

Edit: Final gear setup at lvl91:

Got the belt I wanted so final gear setup done. Going for a high life chest with +1 curse would be a more defensive upgrade but is fairly costly.

Also rare boots with life and movement speed would be more defensive but you lose the notable (which can also be defensive like 14% incr life, 20 flat life node) as well as lose a flask slot because have to use a Quicksilver then and then manage flasks properly otherwise Cyclone movement will be too slow. So I still think the boots are really good quality of life.

The belt 120ES regen mod will help sustain ES when lots of stuff is going on and I'm taking hits as well as help sustain ES during boss fights. Goes well with Eldritch Battery and MoM.

Forgot to mention, getting a "Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted upon you" jewel is very useful/important as Corrupted Blood bloodline packs is the one of few things that can kill the build in maps. With this there is also no need for an anti-bleed flask.

Here's my skill tree and setup at lvl91:

https://pastebin.com/CsgS2mJd

29mill dps Blade Vortex and 6mill dps on each totem. Things to note:

- I think the shock is overstated at 50% on PoB though it doesn't take into account Withering Step debuff and Wither so the two cancel out and damage might be more. EDIT: Did the calcs and the shock applied is 25% (Skitterbots with quality) which is correct. So PoB is correct.

- Plaguebearer damage is ignored though it should also be a lot with all the debuffs.

- PoB also doesn't pick up that I have two anointed nodes. Dirty Techniques and Toxic Strikes adds another 4mill dps to Blade Vortex. So that makes it around 33mill dps.

- I left number of poisons inflicted recently at 20. This is fairly easy to hit even against a single target and will be way more (constantly at 100+) when mapping.

Leveling tips:

- Use a tabula and Essence Drain, then Bane at lvl24. Focus on the damage over time nodes in the early levels instead of poison.

- At lvl38 switch to Cyclone CWC Blade Vortex. Then poison chance gems and dps ones in the setup. Remove the poison chance gems for dps gems as poison chance is capped.

Upgrade gear as you have currency for it. Order of importance I think is:

- Weapons. These are cheap but corrupted ones will be more.
- Boots. Will help maintain cyclone speed and remove need for quicksilver flask.
- Despair curse. This can be acquired for cheap on any corrupted gloves. Get the amulet once affordable.
- Get temp chains after despair. This will be much later as need to path all the way to the left of the tree. If have +1 curse from somewhere else can get it earlier. Best to get it on gloves and The Embalmer seems to be best in slot for the build. It also gives a 5L for the totems.
- Fill out rest of gear. I switched out from the tabula to a 6L chest last as a +2 AOE gems or +2 duraton gems tabula is very cheap.

Edit:
Final gear update. Only thing I think I would look to get now is a helmet enchant but it's just luck if someone has something I can use.

The chest gave about 500 more life and 1000 more ES. So about 4400HP and 1950ES which makes it a lot more tanky.

I also am making/buying flasks like these for guardians. Interchangable with the Cinderswallow and Stibnite for some extra defense when pure bossing:

Can also use a Sin's Rebirth for bossing.

Updated PoB link. Only change is getting curse on the tree and dropping some dps nodes. Dps ended up slightly higher with the additional curse effect.

https://pastebin.com/6Katqjg0

Edit: Updated setup. PoB is still the same. Think the only change I would make to the build now is get a helmet enchant if a useful one turns up.

Another Update:

Digging in a bit more, Hunter's Gambit was worth getting on the tree for 4 skill points even though the 3 points leading up to it do nothing. It's a 10% multiplier after everything so it's worth it.

The only other node on the tree with "poisons deal damage faster" is Swift Venom so I took that. Note that Swift Venom also needs a Golden Oil so I would stick with Toxic Strikes and leave this as one of the last upgrades if min-maxing. With these two nodes the build has essentially added another 15% more damage and the ramp up to max damage is 15% faster. Also respecced out of Perfect Agonay as will rely on the flask and took the life nodes on the right hand side of tree. So HP is still the same with the tweak.

Updated PoB: https://pastebin.com/CwxV5ZLK

Also now have the PoB update that includes anointed nodes. So vs non-shaper targets:

- 10 stack BV with 53.8m dps
- Vaal BV with 32.2m dps
- Shockwave totems with 10m dps each.

Think this is the most efficient tree whilst getting all the juicy nodes and decent life. Probably can improve the life with a couple of good jewels but ones with dps as well will be expensive.
Last edited by SaiyanZ on Sep 25, 2019, 7:09:13 PM
Last bumped on Jan 11, 2023, 3:39:47 PM
I am very interested this build,
can you provide your pob code?
IGN : DavyK
Very original mix of skills there :-)

How's survivability ?

Curious to see a more detailed guide.
I am very interested this build,
can you provide your pob code?
Will post it later when at home but my profile is public so you can see everything already.

Not too much to say about the build. I just hold down right-click to Cyclone and never stop except to pick up loot. Then press flasks whenever I feel like, use Plague Bearer and Withering Step whenever I feel like, use Focus whenever. Drop 3 totems when doing blights.

Will make a video when I reach T16 maps. I think it's going to be good. I did a T12 map last night with 60% chance to avoid poison and still cleared it without having to slow down to kill packs. One passover was still enough.

Build is a little squishy as I only have about 4k HP with MoM and 900 ES/mana. Not too concerned about deaths though as I don't plan on playing long enough to go for lvl100. Just want to kill everything and then I'm done. Have had about 10 deaths whilst unlocking all T1 to T12 so far. Think most of them were due to Blight bosses one shots.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
Will post it later when at home but my profile is public so you can see everything already.

Not too much to say about the build. I just hold down right-click to Cyclone and never stop except to pick up loot. Then press flasks whenever I feel like, use Plague Bearer and Withering Step whenever I feel like, use Focus whenever. Drop 3 totems when doing blights.

Will make a video when I reach T16 maps. I think it's going to be good. I did a T12 map last night with 60% chance to avoid poison and still cleared it without having to slow down to kill packs. One passover was still enough.

Build is a little squishy as I only have about 4k HP with MoM and 900 ES/mana. Not too concerned about deaths though as I don't plan on playing long enough to go for lvl100. Just want to kill everything and then I'm done. Have had about 10 deaths whilst unlocking all T1 to T12 so far. Think most of them were due to Blight bosses one shots.

I think you are overboarding on the critical. Just dump Deadly Infusion as your damage is insane. Pick up mistwalker, it will do wonders for your defenses. Replace your boots with a rare. Drop MoM and take Acrobatics.

You have Corlito's and Perfect Agony on tree. And you are using cospris but not a second curse? You can use those points elsewhere. Or drop the flask and use a curse immune quicksilver (gotta go fust)

Replace stibnite with Witchfire brew (it will give you stibnite and curse enemies with despair). And then you can use blasphemy for Enfeeble or Temporal Chains to add another layer of defense.
I have no clue why are you using desecrate in your CWDT setup.
Unsure how are you reserving HoA/Skitter and a blasphemy with Inc AoE. Well Diadem ok but still. If you switch to witchfire brew and put Enf or temp chains drop the inc AoE and maybe skitterbots for Zealotry if your mana allows it.

I might try this as my next project. I quite like it. Would have to make changes to the tree just to get more life going.
"
TrexerPoE wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

I think you are overboarding on the critical. Just dump Deadly Infusion as your damage is insane. Pick up mistwalker, it will do wonders for your defenses. Replace your boots with a rare. Drop MoM and take Acrobatics.

You have Corlito's and Perfect Agony on tree. And you are using cospris but not a second curse? You can use those points elsewhere. Or drop the flask and use a curse immune quicksilver (gotta go fust)

Replace stibnite with Witchfire brew (it will give you stibnite and curse enemies with despair). And then you can use blasphemy for Enfeeble or Temporal Chains to add another layer of defense.
I have no clue why are you using desecrate in your CWDT setup.
Unsure how are you reserving HoA/Skitter and a blasphemy with Inc AoE. Well Diadem ok but still. If you switch to witchfire brew and put Enf or temp chains drop the inc AoE and maybe skitterbots for Zealotry if your mana allows it.

I might try this as my next project. I quite like it. Would have to make changes to the tree just to get more life going.

- Can go for Elusive though I just wanted to try it out with crit maxed out. Don't think Elusive will change things much as I'm going to have a death here or there anyway.

- The boots are actually very important as with it I don't slow down when cycloning. Switching to rare boots would also require me to drop a flask for a quicksilver flask (to get to 195%+ movespeed) to maintain the same cyclone speed. Plus you get a passive on the tree and some nodes far away from Shadow are quite OP for poison. The 80% cooldown recovery for travel skills is also very useful for Withering Step as the cooldown is very short. So if a boss lasts more than 1.5 seconds I can get 12 stacks on Wither on them instead of just 6 stacks. So it's an all round good boots for this build.

- I take Perfect Agony because I go there for the life nodes anyway. Just one passive to make sure I have 100% uptime on it is worth it.

- I do have two curses. Temp chains on hit from the corrupted gloves and Blasphemy + Despair.

- Could use the Witchfire Brew but I need a curse immunity flask and already have the Despair curse on Blasphemy. Stibnite seemed like the best as I'm not scaling armour or evasion so the blind from it is the best defensive return from a flask slot.

- Desecrate linked to lvl1 CWDT is just there to make sure there's always some extra corpses around for Devouring Diadem to use. Not hugely important but why not...

- Despair is free with the amulet. So can link it to Blasphemy + Incr AOE.
Last edited by SaiyanZ on Sep 20, 2019, 11:39:50 AM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

10 stacks of blade vortex is always up

Why?
"
azkarok wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

10 stacks of blade vortex is always up

Why?

What do you mean? It's always up because of Cyclone and Cast While Channeling. Can even stop to pick up loot now and again and it stays at 10 stacks.

Almost all the damage comes from Blade Vortex poisons which is lvl27 (lvl21 +6 from weapons). The skill has a lot of dps at 10 stacks because it's not meant to be easy to maintain. It's CWC and Cyclone that makes this possible.

THANK YOU MAN! Highly would recommend this build if you do a guide

This build is insane, rerolled my venom gyre char to it as I got bored at maps and went SRS,

Bosses down so far:

Shaper - ez pz, more or less phased

Corrupted Minotaur - I died to stupidity but his hp ticked from 50% to 0 while i was dead

Pure Tul - 1 shot

Chayula - 1 shot

Uber Atziri - so close, but I think its just my bad mechanics or trying it at 2 am. Vaals and trio np at all.

I switched to the circle of nostalgia because i think the virulence added phys scales so well as your DPS ramps up, I'm not sure if the reduced Mana reserve could give me some more space to reserve something else.

I currently got about 4.5k hp, but you rarely lose any hp unless you get one shot with a tweaked tree as I have been saving gold oils so I used em on whispers of doom on amulet, saving a lot of travel.

Please point out anything in the tree I could improve. I've played cospris COC before and this honestly feels stronger.

I still need to do uberlab.

Thanks again for making this you genius!

POB: https://pastebin.com/ysdGxALZ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info