[3.8] Health Regen Spectre Summoner 8.5K HP 3K+ HPS

No potions used aside from quicksilver

UPDATE: +++Guide Written+++
(more detail to come)

Intro:
A Slave Driver Spectre Summoner build that focuses heavily on HP and HP regen. With the reworked Necromancer tree we can get some crazy bonuses to HP regen. You keep the clear speeds/boss killing capabilities of Slave Drivers with the added bonus of tons of self HP regen.

Basic Concept:
Slave Driver Spectres do plenty of damage with only a little bit of help, leaving us open to move points into high HP/HP regen. With Bone Barrier Ascendancy added it allows us to increase recovery rates up to 80% (Bone Barrier 30% + Watcher's Eye 30% + Elder Belt 20%). Which allows for some insane recovery without sacrificing a lot. With 3.8 allowing us to have 4 Spectres without gear dependency, and all of the resist from the Necro tree, we get to add some pretty crazy gear. Right now at mid-range gear I'm up to 3.1k HPS regen (not including consecrated ground) while still doing great damage with insane Slave Driver clear speeds.

Pros and Cons:
Spoiler
Pros:
+Great clear speed
+Great boss DPS
+Great survivability
+Uber Lab is a joke

Cons:
-Can't do Ele Reflect
-Can do no regen, but wouldn't recommend
-Very little avoidance

Path of Building
Spoiler
POB: https://pastebin.com/FFzcywhA

This is what I'm currently using, I'll be adding an optimized gear PoB at a later time.

note: there are some things I'm still testing a playing with, but this is basically what I've been using, it's not completely final though. Would love to hear helpful suggestions.

Reminder: In-game character sheet doesn't include %increase to life recovery bonus for regen, but it definitely is still there and working.

Videos:
Spoiler

T16 Minotaur Run
Blight Encounter for Above Mino Run
My gear is not near optimized for damage yet. My Spectres are only level 82, don't have +1 wand yet, gem is only level 20 and the helm conc & minion damage are only level 18. Even though the damage is still very good, there is still room for even more damage!

Uber Lab - Main Path w/ Keys Run
I'm still relatively new to the game, I only just started farming Uber Lab, so please excuse my (many) mistakes. This video is just to show how ridiculously easy it is with this build. You get to walk through traps like they are nothing and you can just ignore Argus and Izaro as they die.

Mino tickles

Gems:
Spoiler

Spectres (in Shaper helm):
Raise Spectre - Spell Echo - Elemental Focus - Feeding Frenzy
You can replace Feeding Frenzy with Deathmark or Controlled Destruction, but the build plays some much smoother with feeding frenzy, and honestly, dps isn't really an issue.

EE Proc:
Armageddon Brand
We use Arma Brand to proc Elemental Equilibrium. Make sure that you have no added lightning damage to your spells from any source!

Auraus:
Generosity - Vaal Haste - Wrath
We don't use Haste, just vaal haste for bosses.
Vitality
Make sure Vitiality is not connected to generosity.

On Use Skills (don't need to be linked):
Flesh Offering, Convocation, Flame Dash, Desecrate
We use move speed + Quicksilver potions to get around, flame dash is optional, but I can't live without it :p

CWDT:
CWDT(20) - Steelskin (20)
For a while I wasn't using this setup, I was trying to manually use Bone Armour when needed. Ever since I went to the CWDT setup, I haven't looked back. I still keep Bone Armour on my bar if I know a huge hit is coming in (Phoenix Explosion, etc).

Other Minions:
Stone Golem, Raise Zombie, Animate Guardian
Zombies - to help us reach our 10 minions for Bone Armour passives (a must) and not bad meat shields.
Stone Golem - Extra Regen
Animate Guardian - Didn't use one for a while and I wish I did, this thing is a must-have. I use Dying Breath, Leer Cast, Victario's Flight, Southbound, and Ambu's Charge.

Curse:
I get Elemental Weakness from corrupted gloves, if you can't or don't want to go that route, I would get an unset ring, move something into there and add Enfeeble or your choice of curse to CWDT setup. Another option is to manually cast one yourself as your pets are doing the damage.

Gear:
Spoiler
This is my gear a week into the league that I used to kill Shaper and his Guardians (very very easily). Always try to get as much HP as you can on items while keeping up your resistances. Make sure that you have no added lightning damage to your spells from any source! This will GREATLY decrease Spectre damage.

Weapon and Shield:

The shield is one of the most important items, it is a MAJOR dps boost for our Spectre's. This is a must-have in my opinion. This weapon is by no means perfect. Ideally you want one with +1 to all minion gems to get spectres another level.

Helm:

If you're using Kaom's chest you need a helm with minion damage and Concentrated Effect (highest level you can get) for end-game clear speeds. It gives us our 6L for our main damage dealers (Slave Drivers). I went up to T13 with just a minion damage helm and it clears just fine.

Chest:

I'd get one of these asap (as long as you have helm that lets you 5L or 6L), major HP jump. Before then just get a chest with as much HP and %HP as you can find for cheap.

Gloves:

The normal version of these gloves are nearly free. They only give 50HP (from strength), but with the 2% regen they're definitely worth it (you should have no problem hitting 400 STR. I got these for 30c a few days into the league, honestly the corrupted version with the curse isn't necessary, it's just some nice extra damage. See "Gem" section for more detail on curses.

Boots:

These get complicated. I got these for around 40c just a few days into the league. I got some with %regen so that I could lab-enchant them with %regen when hit, honestly you only really need one or the other, both is best though! Other than that we need HP, some resists and run speed.

Belt:

We want an elder belt with high HP, some resists and most importantly % increased life recovery rate. You can get up to 20% increased life recovery. This is big though, even at 12% it gives us more HP regen than Stone Golem.

Amulet:

Marble Amulet with HP, resists and Regen craft is what we are looking for. With my current setup, even though it isn't perfectly rolled, this amulet gives about 5% of life per second. Regarding anointments I went with Righteous Army because it's cheap and it gives us and our minions a lot. The other 2 main options I would consider are Soul of Steel and Heart of Oak.

Rings:

A lot of life, some resists, you're going to need dex from somewhere, I found it easiest to find it on a ring, but I leave a suffix open so I can do +1 minimum endurance charges. We lack a bit in physical damage mitigation so a craft that gives us pseudo +12% total elemental resist and 4% physical damage reduction is nice to have.

Jewels:

This is a big bonus once you can get one, it's our 3rd source of %increase life recovery rate. I was able to get one with "Regenerate 117.1 Life per Second while affected by vitality) for crazy cheap before I got this one for 1ex.

Other than that we are look for at least one source of blind, I like having one life leach and then just some damage for my other jewels like so:

Bandits and Pantheon:
Spoiler
Bandits: Kill them all.
Major: Soul of Lunaris (physical damage reduction, avoidance, and ignore damage from chained skills - all great for this build).
Minor: It's really just preference, but I mostly use Soul of Gruthkul.

Outro:
I haven't min/maxed this build, I'm relatively new to the game, but my favorite part is making builds and I have others I want to work on, but there is room for the numbers to go higher with this build. If someone else wants to do a min/max of this I will happily add the gear to this post!

Last edited by Gutum731 on Sep 15, 2019, 11:02:24 PM
Last bumped on Oct 22, 2019, 12:59:53 PM
If it means anything to you, I'm intrigued.
This is a superb idea, thanks a lot OP.

I tried similar with a Jugg - it's much cheaper, and has better damage mitigation, but has way less clearspeed - so I don't recommend it unless you like being uber tanky.
https://pastebin.com/aS3a65q9
Regeneration in game not work only pato of building=)
Edit: Don't worry, I didn't look hard enough.
Last edited by Sora1276 on Sep 15, 2019, 12:07:28 PM
I'd like to see a video mapping
"
GosuObs wrote:
Regeneration in game not work only pato of building=)

In-game regeneration numbers don't show increased from % life recovery (since it's not %life regen increase it's overall life recovery speed). I had the same worry, so I googled it and that's what I found. To be sure I did some tests with blood magic + herald and timed recovery (many times) with and without minions and other bonuses and the recovery is what it says in PoB.
"
SinteLika wrote:
I'd like to see a video mapping

I'll go ahead and get one or two up later today. :)
Just ran a quick Minotaur and uploaded the video :)

As I mention in the edit on the OP with the video - My gear is not near optimized for damage yet. My Spectres are only level 82, don't have +1 wand yet, gem is only level 20 and the helm conc & minion damage are only level 18. Even though the damage is still very good, there is still room for improvement.

Edit: I added the blight encounter from the Mino run as well for people that want to see a blight example.
Last edited by Gutum731 on Sep 15, 2019, 2:03:02 PM
"
Gutum731 wrote:
Just ran a quick Minotaur and uploaded the video :)

As I mention in the edit on the OP with the video - My gear is not near optimized for damage yet. My Spectres are only level 82, don't have +1 wand yet, gem is only level 20 and the helm conc & minion damage are only level 18. Even though the damage is still very good, there is still room for improvement.

Edit: I added the blight encounter from the Mino run as well for people that want to see a blight example.

I'm running something pretty similar to you, except I use a Rotting Legion 6L and I'm not nearly as dedicated to getting regen on gear. I've got 7.7k life and something like 1,500 regen. I could easily get 8k by switching out my juju amulet, and I'm currently trying to craft a life recovery belt.

Overall, I've smashed everything. Uber Elder doesn't stand a chance, can easily do deathless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info