Game Crash and "present"-exception in Syndicate Research encounters

Hi,

In 3 of 3 cases since the last patch my game crashes and shows me the Exception "present" whenever I go into a Syndicate Research Division Encounter (the lab itself) and attack the Syndicate member in it(and/or kill it, cant see whether its when it dies or just at any % of its hp).

I can not create a /bug reference number or anything. The game just instantly crashes.

Please note that A) this never happened to me before yesterday and only since the last mini-patch and B) this only happens once, after that when I re-start the game and go back into the map (using up another portal) i can finish the encounter.

But once I open another map that has a syndicate research encounter this process repeats.

Please try to fix this as I fear that this is damaging to my GPU.
GGG refuses to buff Melee and gives every surivability tool to Spell/Ranged/Minion Builds because they dont play the game or at least melee themself.
[Removed by Support]
-The Truth
Last edited by Geistermeister36 on Sep 11, 2019, 10:06:00 AM
Last bumped on Sep 20, 2019, 8:15:08 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I have had the exact thing happen to me about 5 times now, every time i enter the last room in a research underground lab thing and i start hitting the bosses the game crashes and i get a box saying "Present". I usually never experience crashes and this has only started since the last patch.
IGN: WAckyy
I'm experiencing the same problem. It only seems to happen in the Research Encounter.

Last crash was with Vorici in research for me. It seems to be just in the Research room though, as Vorici did not have issues in the safehouse or invention encounter.

Today was the first time I experienced the crash issue.
I think I'm getting the same exact crashes specifically in Intervention and Transportation so far. My game just completely locks up, which has never happened to me before in my years of POE.

I'm not sure what the popup says after the game crashes as I'm trying to furiously alt F4 out so I don't die in Hardcore. Somehow I am still alive.

What build are you guys? I'm icicle mines with skitterbot. I saw a fix about a skitterbot crash, so I'm wondering if that's the issue here.
Same error is happening to me. It ONLY happens when VORICI shows up in any form or fashion in the research events. When he doesn't show up in the research I don't get the "present" error.
i got 3 of those crashes Today.

Funny side note:

If you restart the game and enter the map again, you have a fully revealed minimap . (of the map, where you had the crash)

Having the same issue during sydicate fights and legion encounters too!! =(
"
Shucks6804 wrote:
Same error is happening to me. It ONLY happens when VORICI shows up in any form or fashion in the research events. When he doesn't show up in the research I don't get the "present" error.

Can confirm this. 4/4 crashes with just Vorici as the only member, but when i had Gravicious prior to getting Vorici in there, it was fine.
Same here problem seem to bee when Vorici is low healt and die. I got crash also with different memmber bur always there was vorici.
"
Seppel123 wrote:
i got 3 of those crashes Today.

Funny side note:

If you restart the game and enter the map again, you have a fully revealed minimap . (of the map, where you had the crash)

My crashes followed this pattern.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info