Fire Melee Witch/Templar Have Questions Regarding Burning.

Currently, Looking at going this Route, with Axes and No Miss no Crit.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQMAAJbF5wDU5OYCXk0ABI6nnAbXdMMHd79tCwrSWQ9Iu-IRC4HVFl5YaRcVF9YahWHmG8G-KhvOTk0ioB7CJFifLSaTIz8ohWLbKg8VeityOeQtluUrL2BoGzAIfUAxk0n3Mr1m1jW1Kus268VUN8Qjfz8HniE_G_ZcP5KH2EM9xqxIM6ecSRB4xUsGJWtNZqDlTcmO2lWo0tFVyGzAWFGGPF2tb69fLmm5YHgvrGFRcydiEhoWZaSHCWgNYZlxaSDdcbe533KfVtRzIolQdbjG6HbsFHl3zwJZeE0Bunjjs1d5-RvFfMAh3nz20Jp-tATFf6rIHu7r0O3LQR0R1LYfVMBw9JbqjuqYhcp3reRNukq2Ni6qq2VV0tOuomqDVETZhJgm8_xzusKx29P2wwcy59R8MYvGIRMC5K_cDq5ZCnal6vwj4kIyS80SrI6TT6sX-V3unLXS7vPcY2pZvEfe4KVWXuuvmKCO8N1IdMDmWG-qa652-1rtDptvQkqiN6h20z_we920fxGOpy6iwMj3StAjJH2_nAM-88py5q3D2jGodrQ9u6_foKyhSsHN2qjGmx1JQMvVF8-7ikAZ

Only Issue I see and am wondering about is burning, if it is A. going to be applicable or B. its going to be something I want, Burning from my understanding occurs from a Fire damage Critical.

Which if I go the Route I'm planning with no Dependency on Dex, and just High Str, I'll have no Criticals and No Burning.

but Will Burning Have been a Crucial part of Damage or would most things be dead before It takes effect?

Also wondering Which would be better is DW or 2H?

Last edited by Neokolzia on Apr 6, 2012, 10:25:23 PM
Edit: so after writing all of this and making the builds at the end, I realized I misread your subject. I thought you were asking about witches, specifically, not templars OR witches.

Frankly, going all the way across and down to that Marauder keystone is pretty silly. Low accuracy is certainly no excuse, because a low chance to hit is not all that punishing in PoE; look for accuracy rating on gear and you'll be fine. You should be thinking about how a witch can melee with fire damage, not trying to be a gimpy Marauder. That means IB with high crit and a focus on elemental damage and burning passives rather than weapon passives, definitely some minions, and you probably want scepters rather than axes. Also, keep in mind that you're not going to get to 100 any time soon. I plan builds with 70 points.

Crit is one of the interesting things that makes a witch different from, say, a Templar. There's very little reason not to at least grab the nearby crit nodes. If you really wanted to play a fire melee character without crit I would recommend a templar or mace marauder.

Regarding burning, don't forget Elemental Weakness and the Chance to Ignite support gem. The fact that there are no "Chance to Ignite" passives is something that should be changed IMO.

I'll edit this reply with a build in just a minute.

Edit: Something like this.

Or, if you really want to dual wield, this. It's the same build, but with the ES on Shield passives moved to life. You'll have a good base life for +% life passives to work on, since you're investing in strength. That's actually probably a better build anyway.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by OnmyojiOmn on Apr 6, 2012, 11:01:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info