Computer Specs:
Core I5-4690
8gb DDR-3 1600
GeForce GTX970 - 4gb MSI Gaming G1
Windows 10

All Drivers updated.
Temperature running ok.

The issue:

Having the CPU Multithreading option enabled, as it's by default, I can't even run another Twitch stream or an Youtube video alongside the game because the usage of CPU is too intensive.

I have the graphic options also in the lower options available.
I turned off the CPU Multithreading. I can use the other stuffs however the game start lagging in some parts. Example on blight mode with 4 path and also too many people on the city.

It's being though to see what is happening.
Last bumped on Sep 10, 2019, 2:59:54 PM
It's a quad core quad thread CPU from 2012, what did you think would happen if you were to turn off multithreading?

What you have is mid range CPU for the time when it was brand new, nowadays 3.6ghz quad core/thread is not really anything worth writing home about.

So high CPU usage, especially if you also have web browser running in background and whatever else, is perfectly normal.
No rest for the wicked.
I agree with Daiena about performance limit of your PC. For obvious reasons.

"
> I turned off the CPU Multithreading. I can use the other stuffs

> 8gb DDR-3 1600

But ...

With multithreading ON, try:

1. Set POE priority in task manager to medium. With lowest details in POE. eg no Anti Aliasing. Check also if you can lower some graphics settings in Nvidia drivers.

2. Check your chrome/ff/edge, remove some addons, debloat, cache. Or use a different, light browser for watching Twitch on the side. And disable somewhere in the options GPU Accelerated Compositing.

And set a limit how much RAM (1gb) the browser uses.

BETTER: Opera released just recently their open beta gaming browser where you can do that: Opera GX https://www.opera.com/gx#start

* you can limit ram usage

* you can limit CPU usage

* disable GPU acceleration, somewhere in the options like in any other browser.

and for the twitch stream watching, I would not try 720p under these circumstances. the lower resolution you can stomach the better I guess.

Last edited by RPGNoobANKA on Sep 10, 2019, 3:01:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info