[3.8] ShakCentral's Tornado Shot For Dummies

"
"
Awesome guide!!! Hands down the best leveling section I have seen.

My question is, could I just use HoA and toxic rain to yellow and red maps until I have enough currency for TS? If so, what guide would you recommend?

Would love to see more guides soon. Keep it up!

You can absolutely use Toxic Rain pretty far into maps with no issues. If you want to get deep into what makes Toxic Rain work, I highly recommend Angry_Roleplayer's guide here

Jus one last thing, and how about ruptrure instead endless munitions, this works?
"
Jus one last thing, and how about ruptrure instead endless munitions, this works?

I can't think of a single scenario in which I would want Rupture over Endless Munitions. First of all, Munitions doesn't really work at all if you're using the Tempest, as you deal 0 physical damage. Additionally, we're not a bleed or DoT focused build, and the idea is that one shot clears the screen, leaving no time for bleeds to become effective. If we're using it to bleed bosses, the life gain on hit is negligible, and the crit and crit multi are the only good parts about the ascendancy.

I do not consider it a viable alternative.
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Wondering about some video options: Is there anyone who actually prefers video leveling guides to written ones? I'm very proud of the full written guide, but if people prefer videos, I could record the leveling process with a fresh character.
Is the FAQ broken?

How much MF can you get with this build?
"
bitsymphony wrote:
Is the FAQ broken?

How much MF can you get with this build?

FAQ isn't broken. Guide has only been out a month and I wouldn't say there have been many frequently asked questions in that short span. I'll be adding questions as I see them multiple times.

If you follow the MF PoB, you can get close to 95 quant / 300 rarity in temp leagues.
So been playing TS Deadeye in a way that matches up pretty closely to this guide (and the very similar Grimro video guide that came out about a month ago). Public profile, character Naldaorn. At the point where I seem to have most core gear for a MF setup, and I'm just grinding lots of white/yellow maps quickly with. I have about 10 Ex saved up, which could easily upgrade anything I have but is still far from a Headhunter. No Doctors yet.

Anything that would be worth detouring some currency to before HH? Inspired Learning? Helm enchant? Max quant on amulet and Goldwyrm? Ventor's Gamble or The Pariah over The Taming? Or just stick it out with what I've got =)

I also have a non-MF set of gear I swap to for harder content that could also be a lot better, but I had planned to upgrade those after completing the long quest to HH (1 socket Tombfist and Bubonic Trail, Starkonja's, a better rare amulet). It was just enough gear to get through red maps but will eventually become my "main set" when I'm done finding divination cards.

Thanks for the written guide.
Just a thank you for a less intimidating TS guide. Was struggling with LA and switching over to this is working well and a lot better. Would incorporating herald of thunder have too many downsides? Have a synth ring that grants 100% buff effect, crit multi and 90 lightning res + 50 L dam.
kobo1d :

I would definitely spring for the Ventor's. It's the only place left where you have some MF to gain and will make a big difference over the time period that you're farming for HH.

xBadGrandma :

Both Heralds of Ice and Thunder add damage to your attacks. The issue is that Thunder deals its bonus damage where you are, while Ice deals its damage where the mobs are. As you're typically a screen or more away from the mobs, you won't gain much from the bolts that come from your character.

That being said, if it adds a ton more damage to your actual attacks, I would put it in PoB and see if you can make it work. That ring sounds sick and if it adds enough damage, it could be worth it.
Last edited by ShakCentral on Oct 8, 2019, 10:41:28 AM
Thanks for the reply! And here's the ring I'm using ~
~ . Just need to divine.
Thanks for the response! I went ahead and added 17% quant, spent 1 Ex total in Ventor's+Divines+new Talisman (to fix resists). Not the best setup ever but res are still capped, life went up, damage is still fine for T4 maps...seems pretty good!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info