[3.8] Necro - Skeleton Infernal Legion. Like RF, only better

I am atm. trying bomber skeleton build. SSF soo have to grind gear but soo far its quite ok.
Bummer about it not stacking, was really enjoying my burning skelly build while leveling. Guess it will turn into something else soon. Was noticing it wasn't killing as fast as before.
take minion's instability passive node
u'll see them melting the map and exploding

i'm currently trying with zombi+infernal legion + solar guard spec
30% Erandels embrace,
infernal legion,
necromamtic aegis + maligaros lense
Minion instability

This combination will make your skeletons pop in under a second (77% damage taken per second)

I play on Xbox so its easier for me to get the skeletons where I want them by using a totem. So the setup is

Skeleton, infernal legion, totem, minion life, minion damage, elemental focus,

The totem casts the skeletons, so you can use dark pact.

Dark pact, spell echo, chain, faster casting
This combo won't do damage but it will just shred through your skeletons

Get an item that adds cold or lightning damage to your spells so DP triggers EE

Edit: Fortress Covenant jewel seems interesting...
Last edited by H463N on Sep 14, 2019, 1:33:49 PM
^ what he said
Last edited by kbourassa18 on Sep 25, 2019, 4:30:01 AM
"
take minion's instability passive node
u'll see them melting the map and exploding

This, it's quite fun!

I planned a build with SRS and zombies, and SRS MI explosions reaches like 1.4M dps, and 90k ignite... it's insane.
Zombies reach 3M and 300k ignites... although it can be very mana intensive

That's with theoretical max, with an actual try (most skills not leveled up) SRS MI explosion does 490K (740K with EE triggered) and zombie's MI explosion does 993k (1.4 M with EE).

I got to say is quite fun, SRS are linked with Infernal Legion + Combustion + Minion Life + Minion Damgage + Spell Echo

Infernal Legion here does little damage (like 25k only), is just used to trigger MI.

The only drawback is that you got to cast a lot, and is mana intensive, but is quite fun make the minions boom!

If you care to check the build, here is PoB

https://pastebin.com/AFJXYew0
Last edited by Aalzien on Sep 25, 2019, 9:05:43 AM
The argument is lacking stacking for scale, based on a smaller base for scaling than RF, but There are more available more options. Typical RF 6 link includes:

RF (~3300 DOT)
AoE / Conc. Effect (39% More)
Burning Dmg (34% More)
Swift Affliction (39% More)
Ele Focus (34% More)
Lifetap (19% More - Temporary)

With Lifetap / Conc Effect (Lifetap ends)
Total = 3300 * 4 (Inc) * 1.39 * 1.34 * 1.39 * 1.34 * 1.19 = ~54.4k (45.8k) DOT

With Lifetap / AoE
Total = 3300 * 4 (Inc) * 1.39 * 1.34 * 1.34 * 1.19 = ~39.2k (32.9k) DOT

With Skele you can go

Vaal Skele
Infernal Legion (1516 DOT)
Minion Dmg (34% More)
Burning Damage (34% More)
Swift Affliction (39% More)
Elemental Focus (34% More)

Example said about 300% inc, but I've found you can EASILY hit 450% from Tree and Fossilized Spirit Shield/Convoking Wand mods. I also run Feeding Frenzy on a Golem to get the Feeding Frenzy 10% More damage to minions buff.

Total = 1516 * 5.5 (inc) * 1.34 * 1.34 * 1.39 * 1.34 * 1.1 = 30.5k

It's less DOT, but it's constant and you've also got Melee Damage and Minion Instability scaling from the damage nodes too.

If you run a Siegebreaker belt, they spread AoE Chaos Damage too, which fires on expiry from casting too many, sp spam it 4-5 tmies on a pack and you've got that DOT going.

With Spiritual Aid passive, that 450% incresed damage, and the 10% feeding frenzy damage buff applies to YOUR damage too. So Wave of conviction or lightening tendrils to spread shock.

Carrion Golem is my goto because the skeles buff it's damage, and they get more melee from it.

Then I Take Glancing blows * Necro passive for Offerings to max blocks with Bone Offering to and run Tempest Shield/Herald of Thunder/Life Leech/Energy Leech to stay alive

Don't have the heavy gear/tree restrictions from the RF build, and running Maelovolence Aura gives another 20% more to Legion DOT, bring it to 36.6k DOT...higher than Flat RF DoT with AoE after Lifetap expires.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info