Nonstop crashing

same here
Same here

Win 10 64 bit
Intel i7-3930k @ 3.2 GHz
EVGA GTX 980 Ti

Getting random thread exceptions and errors. Settings have all been turned as low as possible with multithreading off, no differences.

Latest drivers are installed.

Errors as I crash:
"Can not create thread"
"Present"
No error at all
Last edited by Cynez on Sep 7, 2019, 1:59:40 PM
Same for me as well. Every 2-3 zones on loading or after loading a zone crash to desktop with a Freezing Pulse character. Sometimes there are error messages like "present" or something about 2dtexture or "can't create thread" etc.
To anyone experiencing crashes, your client may be the 32 bit version.
To check that you use the 64 bit client. In your task manager, it should be PathOfExile_x64.exe.

If not, then you have to launch it manualy. Go to your poe folder (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile) and launch PathOfExile_x64.exe

If you are on a laptop, make sure it uses your graphic card too

It solved everything for me so I hope it helps you too !

Edit: If you use the steam version, you will need to first close steam, and then run the 64 bit client as administrator. Otherwise steam will still run the 32 bit version (based on the replies i got)
Last edited by phildehyde on Sep 7, 2019, 7:06:51 PM
Yep, it is 32 bit. I always launched it with x64 shortcut. Bur after your reply i tried it right now and if i click on x64 file it launches x32 instead for some reason now.
Edit: This is Steam version.
Last edited by MoonFlurry on Sep 7, 2019, 2:29:59 PM
Oh my god phildehyde... you saved me! Thank you. I almost lost my mind doing maps with constant crashes after every map.
For some reason Steam after this patch decided to stop launching PoE x64 client and launched x32 instead even if you manually start x64.exe. In my case i needed to first exit Steam and launch it again but as an administrator. Otherwise it starts x32 version of Steam. Only after this Steam let me launch x64 PoE client. This never happened before but i'm glad its fine now.
"
phildehyde wrote:
To anyone experiencing crashes, your client may be the 32 bit version.
To check that you use the 64 bit client. In your task manager, it should be PathOfExile_x64.exe.

If not, then you have to launch it manualy. Go to your poe folder (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile) and launch PathOfExile_x64.exe

If you are on a laptop, make sure it uses your graphic card too

It solved everything for me so I hope it helps you too !

Steam is launching the 32bit version for me. I have to make a 64bit desktop shortcut to launch the game. If i launch it from steam at all it always launches the 32bit version now. Strange.

Thank you very much for the help though!!!!
I exited steam, launched 64bit as admin, fixed problem for me!
I Tried to launch with the 64 bit version steam...I even looked at Task manager to confirm it was 64..and it still Crashes me back to login screen randomly.. and its only when i play on my Venom Gyre character...It doesnt crash on any other character.
"
I Tried to launch with the 64 bit version steam...I even looked at Task manager to confirm it was 64..and it still Crashes me back to login screen randomly.. and its only when i play on my Venom Gyre character...It doesnt crash on any other character.
Sorry that it didn't help. But i think you didn't experience the same issue as us :/

If your issue is bound to Venom Gyre, i think the only workaround you have is to change this spell for another until GGG patches it.
Last edited by phildehyde on Sep 7, 2019, 8:24:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info