[3.14] Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone

"
roshinobu01 wrote:
Okay, I'll keep this in mind when I replace my gear. Surprisingly any item with 100+ life costs a lot! By the way, I plotted my gear on PoB and total DPS is just about 31k and i'm sorry for being too noob but looking at the Normal Gear PoB you have which has like 400k I can't understand how I'm so far away.

This is the farthest I got in the game thanks to your build. Basically, I can see the difference on physical dps from the swords (mine has only 370 and 250 on legion) then Maligaro's gloves, and Amulet and Rings which are only flat dps stats.

If I get Maligaro's will this boost my damage astronomically?

Good items are expensive. Nothing surprising about that. It's just supply and demand. Check the PoB options, you probably haven't checked something.

Astronomically? Certainly not. But it is a significant damage boost especially if you have a high enough crit chance e.g. using diamond of the order, bottled faith, crit on swords etc.

"
KatKira wrote:
Quick question, when you suggest we pick Dread Banner if we chose Impale over Ruthless, I assume we drop War Banner?

Of course. You can't use 2 banners. Well unless you use some specific unique item for that.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
liukke wrote:
Hi!

This is the first build that I enjoyed and actually brought me quite far in the endgame!
Thanks!

I have a quick question!

How much does Riposte contribute to the dps?
I don't know how frequently it's triggering.

Does it make sense to swap riposte (and it's onslaught support) for a 4 link multiple totem support - anchestral warchief - ancestral protector - culling strike ?

This way I can get 3 totems and 2 buffs out of them, with the possibility of being them culling the boss when it's low on hp.

I'm quite struggling with the dps, it's like impossible to take up and there are literally no sword with blocking % X_X

But still, amazing build thank you a lot!

Riposte itself doesn't contribute at all. It just gives you culling strike (12% more DPS) and onslaught. It's a significant damage boost. However you can get onslaught from a silver flask too but with the limitation that it's not up 100% of the time and in bosses like Sirus you can only use it twice at most.

What you suggest makes sense if you can use the vaal warchief, protector and onslaught flask at the same time. You'd get significantly higher DPS in this case but it's definitely not possible to have it 100% of the time like the riposte setup (which also has the added benefit of being completely automated).

So, do you want higher peak damage that's quite situational or lower but almost permanent damage that's also automated? It's up to you.

P.S. The difference between vaal warchief and non-vaal is significant. Also the vaal gives you +1 totem so you don't need multiple totems. Totem buffs from the same kind don't stack so 3 totems are useless.

P.S.2 Oh, an Abyssus. You like living dangerously...
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide

Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Oct 17, 2020, 9:51:13 PM
"
"
liukke wrote:
Hi!

This is the first build that I enjoyed and actually brought me quite far in the endgame!
Thanks!

I have a quick question!

How much does Riposte contribute to the dps?
I don't know how frequently it's triggering.

Does it make sense to swap riposte (and it's onslaught support) for a 4 link multiple totem support - anchestral warchief - ancestral protector - culling strike ?

This way I can get 3 totems and 2 buffs out of them, with the possibility of being them culling the boss when it's low on hp.

I'm quite struggling with the dps, it's like impossible to take up and there are literally no sword with blocking % X_X

But still, amazing build thank you a lot!

Riposte itself doesn't contribute at all. It just gives you culling strike (12% more DPS) and onslaught. It's a significant damage boost. However you can get onslaught from a silver flask too but with the limitation that it's not up 100% of the time and in bosses like Sirus you can only use it twice at most.

What you suggest makes sense if you can use the vaal warchief, protector and onslaught flask at the same time. You'd get significantly higher DPS in this case but it's definitely not possible to have it 100% of the time like the riposte setup (which also has the added benefit of being completely automated).

So, do you want higher peak damage that's quite situational or lower but almost permanent damage that's also automated? It's up to you.

P.S. The difference between vaal warchief and non-vaal is significant. Also the vaal gives you +1 totem so you don't need multiple totems. Totem buffs from the same kind don't stack so 3 totems are useless.

P.S.2 Oh, an Abyssus. You like living dangerously...

Ok, I understand the utility of riposte but for now I'm not in a good dps/tank position to facetank people.
I'm mostly kiting bosses by leaving a few storms and backing up.
Culling and onslaught are just buffing riposte, right?
Like, as long as I'm distant from the boss the riposte link is not functional.

About the totems I'm not looking for stacking 2 of the same but both warchief and protector, to get damage and speed bost at the same time...plus 3 totems are a good decoy and they all smash together (also, each totem gets its own buff plus the one from the other kind so...it's 3 totems that are twice as buffed, it's a bit more than a single totem with a single buff).
The vaal totem is also a good idea but what about bosses?
Does it rely on souls or its normal version is also more powerful than the nonvaal one?

I'll definitely go back to riposte once I gather more hp/tankiness but I assume in my specific case could be more beneficial the triple double-buffed-totem that's keeping the enemies at bay than the riposte which forces me to get bosses attacks (and some of them still oneshot me Q_Q I'm so squishy).

As a quick example I like the multiple totems in tight spaces, like heists or places with rooms/doors, where I can summon them and they block/decoy enemies :'D as I said I'm really squishy.

And yes...the Abyssus is the only way I can do some dps at all, like...I can barely do t16 maps bosses and it still takes a few minutes.
I feel brave but it's also a necessity Q_Q the equipment is uber expensive

I tried other builds which were elemental attack based and their damage stacked quite faster than I'm trying to do with physical damage, I can't even find proper iron rings, it's like either there are no items or the market is draining all of them D:

But thanks again, not only your build works but the whole explanation/setup is great and enjoyable, it feels amazing :D
Hello, I couldn't find the answer in the guide so I'm asking

how are you using Pride and the rest of the auras? because i simply can't use pride since the mana reserved won't let me

I have trying to see how you manage to fit all the auras, or should I turn them on and off depending of the situation?
Playing around with weapon in PoB (on my low lvl char still), and I notice that double Prismatic Eclipse with green sockets gives me more damage than Rigwarld's Command and Scaeva in the off hand with green sockets. (not using Maligaro's Virtuosity)

Could it be because the character is still levelling?
"
Grixzen wrote:

how are you using Pride and the rest of the auras? because i simply can't use pride since the mana reserved won't let me

I have trying to see how you manage to fit all the auras, or should I turn them on and off depending of the situation?

The secret for the aura to work is the Enlighten support lv3 - flesh and stone - maim - pride link.
It's fundamental that you have it lv3 (maybe also lv2, but one of the two :'D) to cut off a bit of those reservations.
Then keep precision at lv1, because it requires more mp as it raises level.
Then that's it, you will end up with 40-50mp depending on your equipment (maybe more) but that is enough.

If you have mana reduction on rings and armor you will never need more than 30mp usually.

At the end the auras are Flesh and stone - Blood and sand - Pride - Precision - Dread Banner (or the other banner if you choose it)
"
liukke wrote:
"
Grixzen wrote:

The secret for the aura to work is the Enlighten support lv3 - flesh and stone - maim - pride link.
It's fundamental that you have it lv3 (maybe also lv2, but one of the two :'D) to cut off a bit of those reservations.
Then keep precision at lv1, because it requires more mp as it raises level.
Then that's it, you will end up with 40-50mp depending on your equipment (maybe more) but that is enough.

If you have mana reduction on rings and armor you will never need more than 30mp usually.

At the end the auras are Flesh and stone - Blood and sand - Pride - Precision - Dread Banner (or the other banner if you choose it)

Also, if he doesn;t want to use praxis rings and cant afford the chest with the mana cost reduction, he can run herald of purity instead pride. Much less reservation, at the cost of damage of course.
So I've used this as my league starter for Heist and I have to say it's been really enjoyable. Some thoughts from playing the build.

Your swords hold you back a lot if you're not upgrading them. From random swords to Prismatic Eclipse and Scaeva was the first big boost I had and then the second was to a higher dps sword and a Saviour which I still use now.

You don't need the Pride set up to do most content. You won't be pulling 4 million+ boss dps but you can still clear T16s, Guardians, Shaper, etc without too much trouble. If you can't afford the Pride set up or don't want to invest into it then I would suggest a Circle of Guilt ring with #% Increased Physical Damage while affected by Herald of Purity and Herald of Purity has #% Increased Buff Effect.

Replica Loreweave is a good body armor option if you're fine with the reduced maximum resistances. You'll be a bit squish but it gives a lot of damage and life in return. (Unfortunately GGG fixed the interaction with the Resistance Modifier enchantment so it's not just better Loreweave anymore.)
Last edited by Sitrax on Oct 19, 2020, 12:10:59 PM
Where did you get a Lion's Roar with 34% more meele phys damage?

Max roll I found was 25%.
"
liukke wrote:

Ok, I understand the utility of riposte but for now I'm not in a good dps/tank position to facetank people.
I'm mostly kiting bosses by leaving a few storms and backing up.
Culling and onslaught are just buffing riposte, right?
Like, as long as I'm distant from the boss the riposte link is not functional.

About the totems I'm not looking for stacking 2 of the same but both warchief and protector, to get damage and speed bost at the same time...plus 3 totems are a good decoy and they all smash together (also, each totem gets its own buff plus the one from the other kind so...it's 3 totems that are twice as buffed, it's a bit more than a single totem with a single buff).
The vaal totem is also a good idea but what about bosses?
Does it rely on souls or its normal version is also more powerful than the nonvaal one?

I'll definitely go back to riposte once I gather more hp/tankiness but I assume in my specific case could be more beneficial the triple double-buffed-totem that's keeping the enemies at bay than the riposte which forces me to get bosses attacks (and some of them still oneshot me Q_Q I'm so squishy).

As a quick example I like the multiple totems in tight spaces, like heists or places with rooms/doors, where I can summon them and they block/decoy enemies :'D as I said I'm really squishy.

And yes...the Abyssus is the only way I can do some dps at all, like...I can barely do t16 maps bosses and it still takes a few minutes.
I feel brave but it's also a necessity Q_Q the equipment is uber expensive

I tried other builds which were elemental attack based and their damage stacked quite faster than I'm trying to do with physical damage, I can't even find proper iron rings, it's like either there are no items or the market is draining all of them D:

But thanks again, not only your build works but the whole explanation/setup is great and enjoyable, it feels amazing :D

Well obviously the less you block the less useful riposte is. I don't understand why you need to avoid bosses. You can't play BS like that, it'll take forever to kill them. Make sure you have enough block chance and tank them. Only avoid the slams/one-shots.
Vaal skills gain souls by hitting bosses, you don't need to kill stuff. This was changed some time ago because they were useless on bosses with the original mechanism. So vaal warchief works on Sirus etc.
Damage will naturally be lower than some random elemental glass cannon that dies all the time but with good gear you can quickly and safely kill any boss.

"
Grixzen wrote:

Why couldn't you find it? It's right there in the FAQ. The same information is also mentioned in the guide itself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info