[3.11]QUEEN OF NECROMANCY - STRONGEST ZOMBIES EVER? 55M+ DPS 7K+ LIFE MAX BLOCK 90% CHAOS RES

That perma-slam comment made me giggle abit with the new pulverize combo, question is do we have a build ready to go for 3.9 opening ?
Btw looking at the patch notes, they are like no more maim...on 2hand mace ?:P

but HOW AbOUT 2hand SWORDS!!!!!!!!!!

Let the pepega armies rise?

Edit,

I am just checking this is a thing right ?
It shows maim as possible mod

https://poeaffix.net/2h-sword.php#/
Last edited by drinsane on Dec 10, 2019, 11:29:43 PM
The useful two-handed sword supports are Hybrids, so those were gutted from Elder swords as well.

POEaffix is way out of date. Use this

https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php
Last edited by Breken on Dec 10, 2019, 11:31:56 PM
Character Balances
"
- Fortify's damage reduction effect is now multiplicative with other similar effects.
- The default Shock magnitude for effects that apply Shock without damage (such as Skitterbots) is now 15% (from 20%).

Fortify shouldn’t affect us too much, but it is worth noting how Fortify will scale. Note: this is the defensive buff and doesn’t affect the support gem. Skitterbots will be weaker. A L20 gem should give a 18% shock effect rather than a 24%.
Raise Zombie
"
- The Zombie Slam ability now has a 6 second cooldown (from 4) and has a base radius of 17 units (from 28).
- The slam is now slower and has 30% less base damage effectiveness at gem level 1, rising to the previous damage effectiveness around gem level 17. Note that these changes are not visible on the skill gem.
- Base Zombie damage has been reduced by approximately 25% at all gem levels.
- No longer grants Zombies more life as the gem levels (but the Zombies themselves do gain base life with each gem level, like other minions).
- Now increases Zombie Slam Area of Effect as the gem levels, up to 76% at gem level 20.

Zombies got hit. but not as hard as it may seem. Slam damage should actually increase, but the dps will decrease. If the scaling is consistent, high level slams will do more damage than previously. The attack speed of slam got an unspecified ner, so it may still drop its dps and hurt clear. The cooldown was increased 50% which will hurt uptime. The base radius got cut, but the increased AoE will actually provide a larger radius at high gem levels! This does make various sources from the tree or skill gems granting increased AoE to be much less effective (goodbye Pulverise). The base attack damage affects the melee swing, not the slam. The life nerf shouldn’t be too noticeable. Overall I’m shocked at how well we came out.

Edit: I’m a bafoon. Zombie slam is based on base attack damage like everything else in the game...
Support Gems
"
Feeding Frenzy Support
- The Feeding Frenzy buff now grants 10% increased attack, cast, and movement speed to your minions (from 15%).
- Minions from supported skills now deal 5% more damage while you have the Feeding Frenzy buff at gem level 1 (from 15%), up to 15% at gem level 20 (from 24%).

Fortify Support
- Fortify is now multiplicative with other sources of damage reduction.

Impale Support
- Now grants supported skills -30% to Total Physical damage Reduction against Impale Hits at all gem levels.

Minion Damage Support
- Supported skills now deal 25% more damage at gem level 1 (from 30%), up to 49% at gem level 20 (no change from previously).
- Now gains 1% increased damage from minions from supported skills per 2% quality (previously gained 1.5% per 2% quality).

Feeding Frenzy got hit pretty hard in dps, but we can afford that. I’ve already brought up Fortify changes. Impale seems geared to mitigate armour changes. It got buffed and won’t really affect how we calculate anything. Minion Damage will do less damage early, but it too will likely scale to do more damage than previously.

Support Plus gems are renamed to Awakened. We have Brutality, Generosity, Melee Physical Damage, Multistrike, Cast While Channeling, and Minion Damage. A couple other Awakened gems may be viable such as Increased AoE. Tomorrow we’ll get a list of fully upgraded gems and see where this leaves us. Remember, these gems will be expensive to buy and take a very, very long time to level.
Passive Tree and Ascendancies
"
- The movement speed for Minions granted by the Ravenous Horde cluster has been halved.
- Mindless Aggression now grants your minions 10% increased Movement Speed (from 30%).
- Commander of Darkness now grants the increased Attack and Cast Speed aura as a single combined aura rather than a separate aura for each other aura skill you had. This matters for effects that care how many buffs you have, such as Mantra of Flames.

We basically will have 39% decreased minion movement speed. This will hurt and make it more imperative to supplement speed elsewhere. We lost an additional 5% in the Feeding Frenzy nerf.

I won’t get into the crafting changes now because they are too complex and unknown. In general all ps sources of “socketed gems are supported by” in 6L’s have been moved to the new boss exalts. We will have to slam to get those. Unless we actually see swords rolling with Maim, I wouldn’t count on it being there. Also note that items can be both Elder and Shaper at the same time.
Last edited by Aldonés on Dec 11, 2019, 11:08:16 PM
Guess it was bit out of date :(
RiP dreams \o/

That movement speed and the hp gut was the worse i can think of,the dmg was legit crazy high even if they did cut the dmg to half the build would feel just fine but going back to the days of having to summon non stop zombies cause they die like flies and not to mention without feeding frenzy they go stupid mode again it's bit yikes, i am bit sad with those 2 things.
"
drinsane wrote:
Guess it was bit out of date :(
RiP dreams \o/

That movement speed and the hp gut was the worse i can think of,the dmg was legit crazy high even if they did cut the dmg to half the build would feel just fine but going back to the days of having to summon non stop zombies cause they die like flies and not to mention without feeding frenzy they go stupid mode again it's bit yikes, i am bit sad with those 2 things.
Nah, damage survive surprisingly well. Use a Minion Speed Support to negate most of the MS nerf. The hp nerf just means you can’t ignore your zombies’ hp, not that they will drop like flies. We may end up wanting to invest a bit more into their defense though.
It’s tentative. I’m thinking for my Zombie links going:
- Raise Zombie
- Minion Damage / Awakened
- Multistrike / Awakened
- Empower
- Melee Physical Damage / Awakened or Brutality / Awakened or Impale
- Feeding Frenzy or Minion Speed (whichever provides better utility)

Will have to look at if Impale is worth dropping a potential Awakened gem. I’m too tired right now, but I think they made Minion Damage and Melee Phys provide the exact same dps. I expect the Awakened versions to be slightly different. It will also depend on which mods we can slam.
"
Breken wrote:
Awakened Minion Damage support.....Awakened Brutality Support....

I think we'll be just fine from an endgame perspective. It really looks like 70% of the zombie power nerfs were for leveling.

Wait - where did you see those two awakened support gems?

Nvm! Found it
Last edited by etnies445 on Dec 11, 2019, 12:49:59 AM
The loss of the easy crafted weapon is one of the biggest nerfs to the build.

Overall your zombies will be doing about 65% less damage, BUT you'll get ~4% back per generic damage support plus gem you can max and another 20% back if you swap out Feeding Frenzy for bosses. So maybe only a 30-40% zombie damage nerf overall. If the "new exalts" allow really great mods to be added to crafted weapons you could see some cool staves that would lower the difference even further. Otherwise Femurs of the Saints is a low key MVP that can carry you all league. A 6L Vaal Summon Skeletons in your chest can help even out your nerfed damage but it still probably won't be necessary unless new content is really rippy for zombies.

New league: buy Femurs, buy Jeweller's Touch, Buy a corrupted 6L chest, buy Baron, buy Alberon's, fill the rest of your slots with 1c items, slap skellies in chest and zombies in weapon, and nothing can stop you from infinitely farming endgame at high speed with only 100c investment, same as last league.

Other options like using a wand and Victario's or two wands should still be strong too.
Holy shit - We can use awakened minion damage, awakened brutality, awakened multistrike and awakened melee physical damage (can drop brutality or minion damage for feeding frenzy for bosses vs. wave clear) - I prob will drop brutality for feeding frenzy, as I like the hybrid build that does chaos dmg with spirit offering.

And for skellies you can use awakened melee splash among the other above gems - insane

Not including us having a weapon that has + levels to them.

I cannot wait.

I'm pretty sure our damage is going to be just as crazy even with all the nerfs.
Last edited by etnies445 on Dec 11, 2019, 12:56:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info