are you happy with the current state of the game at console?

I already played a good amount of hours on PC, now I want play on my console, because is very powerful in comparison with my current PC.

You as a console player, do you recommend it?

Also do you think the GGG are paying attention to consoles?

PS1: My console is a Xbox One X which in my mind is pretty strong against a old vostro laptop.

Thanks in advanced guys!

Update 1:

Console score 7 out 10
Last edited by tivivi on Aug 27, 2019, 4:21:28 AM
Last bumped on Sep 7, 2019, 11:30:51 AM
No I am not. The loot drop is screwed up! I can't decide for myself which things I want to pick up and which things to leave behind. The game decides for me what is important and what isn't.
Also, when I do temple runs when the green key drops if there's any monsters around I can't pick it up! I have to kill everything around it before it will become available. This is stupid!
Also, when I'm done with a temple run I can't select Alva at all. if there are things on the ground all of that will be highlighted and I can't select her.
The same thing happens when I do delves. all the crap on the ground I can pick up but I can't select the delve tractor.
Currently my opinion is a bit split

I play on a ps4 and synthesis league was the worst experience i ever had with a game on console, huge lag spikes crashes every 15-30 minutes, literally unplayable if you wanted to progress past a certain point.

Legion league was a huge improvement i only really managed to crash my game regularly with my summoner build, lag spikes and fps drops are still present but not nearly as severe as back in synthesis.

Game performance is directly tied to your build though, i tried a couple of different builds to get a feel of what works and what does not.

Arc Witch = unplayable due to huge fps drops

Arc Totem Templar = playable but still huge huge fps drops

Bane/Soulrend/Essence Drain+Contagion Witch/Shadow= Playable feels very safe, the skills that showed the fewest issues by far in my testing

Cyclone Duelist = playable but regularly will desync especially if paired with leapslam

Molten Strike Marauder = almost unplayable, can potentially tank everything but dies regularly due to fps drops

Summon Raging Spirit Witch = unplayable the only build where i can force a crash without even trying, fps constantly in the single digits

But having that all said it depends on how much fps drops you can endure, because if i say a build is playable doesn't mean it's necessarily a smooth experience, leveling is ok with most builds but as soon as i had hit maps with any character fps drops are a fairly regular phenomenon and had 2 friends quit the game because of them. And they discouraged me from trying pushing to 100 this league, although i really wanted to because legion was a great league.

But improvements are happening and are noticeable, just dont come that frequently like i wished they do.

I really love the game but the issues it has are holding it back from being one of the best games available.
Last edited by GrobuIon on Aug 23, 2019, 3:05:33 PM
Here's what you need to know:

console is currently unplayable in hardcore, and unplayable end game for console. Constant crashing stuttering dsyncing et al.

Next patch will address *and probe for* these issues, so there will be a bit of time before it becomes playable unless this next patch somehow fixes all the problems through luck.

GGG is paying attention and plenty of responses regarding console issues BUT because the game should just not have been released on console in its current state, the player base will be and/or is crippled
this leads to funky market prices, along with it being on PS4 for like a few months tops

Edit: duh, you said Xbox, disregard the market part, and ehat I said is from experience with PS4 but you dont need to look far to see exact same problems for XBOX (meaning it's duh not hardware related !!1! :P)

EDIT: my game lags stutters etc as soon as I wake up on the beach start of the game so I'm not sure if build matters, maybe it does end game thogh
Last edited by RUchamp on Aug 23, 2019, 4:33:24 PM
"
RUchamp wrote:
EDIT: my game lags stutters etc as soon as I wake up on the beach start of the game so I'm not sure if build matters, maybe it does end game thogh

Have you tried reinstalling the game and rebuilding the database?

Only encountered lag and fps issues in maps with most of my builds
"
GrobuIon wrote:
"
RUchamp wrote:

Have you tried reinstalling the game and rebuilding the database?

Only encountered lag and fps issues in maps with most of my builds
yes, and turning hdcd or whatever off, tried it all, it's not hardware its the game. They already know it but for some reason communication in this game universe is broken or something. The devs know the game is archaic and doesn't function properly *anymore* over the course of time. Better game, worse functionality, 4.0 is rumored to be a total reworking of the game to work better, it's inner workings or whatever you would call it. That's what I've seen on posts anyways, this next patch was explicitly said (for PS4) to be a means of identifying problems
Nope which is why i upgraded my PC and moved back to playing on PC. I can't stand the state of the game on console. The stutters and rubber banding was bad but trading was just infuriating. But the crashes are the worst. I can play maybe an hour at best without the game crashing. So i figured what is the point and moved back to PC.
softcore player here.

i would say for the most part i am satisfied with the game as it is right now. i play on a 5yo xbone - no ssd - and content runs smoothly for the most part. actually this league it has been great comparatively.

the only real issues i have are the fps drops when the screen is overcrowded with enemies ie - legion mobs spawning in a map that i havent cleared fully - or deep delves, specifically the azurite node encounters. though with this said, the more console friendly builds such as summoners tend to get way more lag. essentially the less on your screen the better lol. i would imagine that this would be less of an issue with an xbox one x, but idk

that's not to say that i dont get the random lag spike or desynch, but i play over wifi so i really couldnt say if its the game or on my end.

i see people tend to complain about the market prices but for every overpriced item there's plenty of under priced stuff, so im not too sure what people expect ggg to do about that. and we're never going to get in game chat so that's not even on my radar, chris has made it clear that trade isnt a priority.

it does concern me that we still only get 1 jun encounter per spawn, but as long as that stays the only real difference between console and pc gameplay im ok with it. i also wish there was more communication from ggg in regards to console changes and what they're working on, even little things like release dates for supporter packs on console that just seem to go unmentioned bc console lol

at the end of the day, i can run all the content the game has to offer without any game-breaking issues. if i could afford a high end pc that runs the game smoothly would i make the switch? of course, but the xbox version holds its own plenty.
xbox poe.. where people want e̶x̶a̶l̶t̶s̶ divines for junk items ¯\_༼ ಥ ‿ ಥ ༽_/¯
So during the weekend I gave a try!

Comparing with the last league which I played on PC is very different.

At the start it's awful do the transition between PC and console, starting with the controls (really painful), but after a while I got.

I faced some de-sync, but not too much.

I start a Necro SRS + Zoombies which goes very well.

The game looks very different in a good way, idk exactly why (I think is because my old pc was very weak and I used to play with low configs).

The most boring part is the connection issues.

I will keep going on standard league till the new league be released.

Ps1: I noticed ps4 looks with more bugs/crashs and drop rates, may I didn't reached the breaking point of video lags, but now is looking very good on Xbox One X (it's a pretty strong machine)

TLDR;
Spoiler

My experience so far is good, I think a 8 out of 10 I will keep the updates of my impressions, hope help new players and get some help when needed :D

Thanks a million guys!
I stopped playing quite a few weeks ago.

I would like to play a lot more, but as soon as I think about playing it I just think ugh, I don't want to go through desyncing, crashing, random disconnects where it boots you back to the main menu and if you go to log back in it won't let you so you need to force the game to close and reload it.

That shit is very annoying.

Otherwise, apart from map grinding and shaping the atlas for elder/shaper fights (which is tedious imo) it's a very fun game. I think it's also made tedious due to the fact I dunno when I'm going to randomly die or crash, so there is this over hanging stress when playing the game, which defeats the purpose of gaming in the first place.

If the next league is full of all the technical issues this past league had I'll probably not play it much.
Last edited by garthginger on Aug 26, 2019, 11:56:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info