Two handed mace perfection

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVsPVBRNFvkYXRnpJIs8BT0PRHJ8u331gziExIg4inSK5IuMm-yf36IAqWivbMAaxYreweSt73w=

What I'm going for is twohanded clubby AoE bliss, however, I am not sure yet if attack speed on the passive tree applies to skills like 'sweep'.. I had the idea to move down south to the swordsmans area to further my melee power, or go toward the center to get +to speed and more of the totem upgrades.. I usually throw my dude into a crowd and knock them down, so I would like to improve either my survivability, or speed up the rate at which I attack so melee enemies dont have as much chance to hit me. If skills cant be sped up, forward me to a nice defensive build please.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Dearborn on Mar 15, 2013, 9:26:02 PM
Did I post something unclear?

Surely someone knows something about maces builds or if atk speed points apply to skills? I only wanted to know about those two things, ain't asking for much.
Last edited by Dearborn on Mar 16, 2013, 10:05:25 PM
The answer to your question is here: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Sweep

here is a two handed mace build I'm using: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73072

Hope this Helps
~Hear 'em Howl~
Tommy Bolin's Wild Dogs off the album titled "Teaser"
sure did help, I cant believe I overlooked that section on the Sweep page.
It doesn't read on the page, but I've found out that skills have different "effective multiplies" for attack speed.

Sweep has 50%.

Meaning, if you have 1 APS weapon and then swap to 2 APS weapon, your sweep APS is increased by 50% instead of 100%, you could expect.

Hidden information. Stupid. Damage effectiveness at least shows there. :>
Composer, sound designer, game designer, producer, gaming journalist, gamer.
www.soundcloud.com/Artifex28

My build. Pretty tanky, at lvl 65 I can do 66 maps no problem. I don't even need endurance charges yet. I want more hp, and more increased aoe personally, I had a templar with max aoe and loved the range on sweep. So I might add some more there when I level up. auras, using hatred, grace, and purity. Using a blood magic gem on my sweep.

edit: wanted to add you can do the same build with templar, you just end up with more phys damage nodes.
Last edited by SEOINAGE on Mar 18, 2013, 12:49:12 PM
"
nocebo wrote:
It doesn't read on the page, but I've found out that skills have different "effective multiplies" for attack speed.

Sweep has 50%.

Meaning, if you have 1 APS weapon and then swap to 2 APS weapon, your sweep APS is increased by 50% instead of 100%, you could expect.

Hidden information. Stupid. Damage effectiveness at least shows there. :>

You sure about this one? I thought we got what was expected from ias modifiers. But the base weapon speed is not taken into account, base weapon speed is based off the skill and is set in stone. So you can use a .95 attack speed weapon with no ias modifiers, and switch to a 1.30 speed weapon with no modifiers, and they will both attack the same speed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info