[3.8] Winter orb autobomber - Ultimate 6link farmer!

Last edited by FedeS on Aug 15, 2019, 2:53:32 PM
"
FedeS wrote:
"
bunnyoncrack wrote:
Overall it look pretty good. Some recommendation I could give is that corrupted items of the cheaper items is rather accessible. Such as +xx to critical strike chance with spells on a shackles of the wretched (just buy one whatever the sockets and colour and use bench to get 4link and the desired colour) and maybe the rippling thoughts could have the onslaught on kill.
can see your winter orb isnt corrupted, try to corrupt it to get a lvl 21, as that gives even more power.

Remove fire walker from skill tree (as you got enough fire res) and put it maybe in faith and steel. Everything else looks fine tbh. you should have vaal winds up for like 19 seconds and in that time you would probably see 2-3 winds spawn. If you get the onslaught on kill, you will get 20% movement and 20% attack speed which both increase the movement of shield charge, which makes it easier to hit those vaal winds. :)

I tried to find a Rippling with Onslaugh but there is none listed and only 7 off-line. Can I link and change colors once it's corrupted with bench spending vaal orbs right?

About Shackles with crit there are none in poe.trade, not even off-line. There are with +1 Frenzy charges. Where we get frenzy charges from btw?

Actually 21/23 Winter orb is not as expensive as I thought. I will buy one for sure.

I have Fire Walker simply because I actually need the resist xD I have 78% uncapped fire res now. Maybe I could save that point with fire res on jewels. What do you think about my jewels btw? Maybe I should put some fire resist and life jewel on the belt, but I thought the jewel in my belt is pretty good for damage. But maybe not so much?

I don't think I will get benefits from Faith and Steel without the timeless jewel you recommended? Would it be a good idea to use a Brutal restraint in my situation without onslaugh in sword tho? Since you said it gives a lot of ele damage too?

Thanks a lot for your support, I appreciate it.

Yeah, there isnt many (probably because people are done with the league) and yeah you can use vaal orbs with the bench.

You get frenzy with ice bite support gem linked with HoI. If you can buy a cheap one with frenzy then do that, but crit is prob better if there comes one up.

the jewels are oka. The one in the belt could be better, as you get insane amount of flat damage from the shield. Now when you mention it, you can find an abyssal jewel which gives onslaught on kill. get one of those with good stats :)

oooh about the res, I had activated the dying sun, and thought you had overcap on fire resistance. Think you need like 6 increase cold res, as I can only see you are at 69 :)
Last edited by FedeS on Aug 15, 2019, 2:53:42 PM
"
FedeS wrote:
"
bunnyoncrack wrote:
Yeah, there isnt many (probably because people are done with the league) and yeah you can use vaal orbs with the bench.

You get frenzy with ice bite support gem linked with HoI. If you can buy a cheap one with frenzy then do that, but crit is prob better if there comes one up.

the jewels are oka. The one in the belt could be better, as you get insane amount of flat damage from the shield. Now when you mention it, you can find an abyssal jewel which gives onslaught on kill. get one of those with good stats :)

oooh about the res, I had activated the dying sun, and thought you had overcap on fire resistance. Think you need like 6 increase cold res, as I can only see you are at 69 :)

It seems like I searched the Shackles with wrong filter yesterday. Just bought these for 60c:

I thought the jewel in belt was great since it gave me so much damage in tooltips plus the multiplier? But maybe you are right. I bought this one

I don't know if 7% is enough but it's better than before for sure. I could respec Fire walker and put more life in tree.

I bought a bunch of Esh breachstones and Vaal winds prophecies. I'm gonna test all of them today and will post my results. Thanks for all the help.

Yes those are very nice. 7% should be more than enough to keep onslaught up. as you kill alot of monsters rather fast. Yeah, tooltip has never been the most accurate. You can try to see in PoB and set monsters killed when shocked to something like 50 (reasonable, as that is 2 packs or something). The jewel before gave you something like 5 monsters killed while shocked comparably.

if you can get one with onslaught, life and multiplier, that would be nice for your build :)
Last edited by bunnyoncrack on Aug 12, 2019, 12:45:15 PM
Last edited by FedeS on Aug 15, 2019, 2:53:54 PM
can this build still work with out the mana on the boots enchant?
request update 3.8
"
can this build still work without the mana on the boots enchant?

Yes!
I just went to std to try the build, nothing has really changed, as you can build up about 7 stacks of WO with the remaining mana and then needs to regen. The good thing is that WO will last a LONG time because of all the inc duration and self temp chain. and after like 2 seconds you can get the remaining 3 stacks if you like (you only need about 2-4 stacks vs trash mobs really)

It got a slight nerf, as you cant run no regen maps, but nothing too big, and if you really are worried about mana, then the new mana flask with the mod that doesn't make the regen expire could be an option instead of atziri flask.

furthermore, you also got a slight buff to survivability because now you can take mistwalker instead of opportunistic.
Two things :
1. As far as I understand, without the vaal winds prophecy, there is little to no chance for those 6L drops, right ?
2. Even if I got a helm with 30% increased temp chains effect and all the nodes on the passive tree that you had + solstice vigil and the rest of the items, my WO seems to fade away too fast. Is there something I'm missing ? That vid of Whissp you mentioned is no longer available.

Any help would be appreciated. Tx.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info