0.9.8d Patch Notes

"
darkjoy wrote:
Hoping for a real patch soon that addresses real problems!

Desync should be #1 on GGG's list of problems - that is the only bug/problem that's a real game breaker right now.

i agree it took like most of my level after not being in sync over and over again, makes the game a waste of time.
"
darkjoy wrote:
Hoping for a real patch soon that addresses real problems!

Desync should be #1 on GGG's list of problems - that is the only bug/problem that's a real game breaker right now.

/agree
+1

desync on my marauder is driving me nuts / batty / mad / insane
Last edited by Darkfyre on Apr 9, 2012, 5:37:46 PM
I haven't experienced much desync for quite a while now. Out of curiosity, what does your ping typically look like? Does it frequently spike?
Same. I hardly ever have de-sync issues. Or get kicked off the game anymore. From how it was before... things are very very nice.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Get kicked from the game once but havent lose char :) No desync issues for now and i realy played a lot since ladder reset.
Mirror of Kalandra?
Last edited by ama on Apr 10, 2012, 5:36:18 AM
I have been getting occasional de-sync and I live no more than 20 miles from the server with fiber from my house to the server the whole way (likely some short runs of Ethernet inside distribution centers.)

There are a grand total of 6 routers between my computer and the server, my ping to the server is 3ms. Yet I still occasionally get de-sync. It would be nice to get a more detailed net-stat overlay showing ping, max and min ping (30s 5m 30m), choke loss... etc. Similar to the half-life and half-life source engines. (I haven't done any looking and maybe this is already there and I just don't know about it.)

Data collection should be done from the client to the server, on the subject of high ping and exact time periods of high ping, in order to determine whether this is a client base wide de-sync or it is localized. This data would allow for the administrators to determine what exactly is going on during that exact time frame that the server is dropping, or buffering temporarily packets that are incoming.
wait - so once we get to v1..it's out of beta? Full story/VA released? that sounds close!
"
I have been getting occasional de-sync and I live no more than 20 miles from the server with fiber from my house to the server the whole way (likely some short runs of Ethernet inside distribution centers.)

There are a grand total of 6 routers between my computer and the server, my ping to the server is 3ms. Yet I still occasionally get de-sync. It would be nice to get a more detailed net-stat overlay showing ping, max and min ping (30s 5m 30m), choke loss... etc. Similar to the half-life and half-life source engines. (I haven't done any looking and maybe this is already there and I just don't know about it.)

Data collection should be done from the client to the server, on the subject of high ping and exact time periods of high ping, in order to determine whether this is a client base wide de-sync or it is localized. This data would allow for the administrators to determine what exactly is going on during that exact time frame that the server is dropping, or buffering temporarily packets that are incoming.

Good to hear you say this because in NZ I get around 210ms and I get some bad de-sync issues.

It's always hard to tell with other computer users in the house if they are interfering with things, even when not on their computer. Even when it's bad my ping will be stable so I agree, we need more tools to help fix as many issues as possible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info