3.7.4 Deployment Downtime Incident Report

i like this kind of transparency :)
It is great that you've made such detailed and honest report to explain what exactly have happened.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Thank you for being transparent to us. <3
I'm in software development and I can't tell you how much I appreciate this post. I have certainly lived through making these kinds of mistakes and understand how a series of small missteps can lead do a big problem. The company that I work for would never dream of putting this kind of message out to our client base. Unfortunately, I think this level if detail would make some of their eyes roll back, but I think this might be the best downtime report I have ever seen. Keep up the good work!
"The essence of an empire must be shared equally amongst all of its citizens."
"
SlaserX wrote:
"
"...our QA processes didn't catch the issue"

I've been playing PoE for nearly 7 years. I keep seeing this same sentence over and over again. This is what stops me from giving you more money.

Go Play another game then, and spend money on some shitty game that u deserve.
Thanks for the write-up, love reading these! Also, it's cool to see Jonathan's presence on the forum! :D
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
Being a software tester myself, I chuckle a little about the "mistakes" that were made, but this just happens in software development. You never want it to happen, but you never really can rule out that it eventually will happen.

But as far as I can tell from that writeup and 0% insight in your internal processes, you eventually made the best out of the situation as it did unfold.

Seeing that you take this issue so seriously and communicate it to the community (effectively your customers) so transparently, I am super confident in you guys regarding the future.

Any company can deliver good games and keep the gamers happy, but in how you handle it and communicate when something goes severely wrong, the true good guys will shine and stand out. And this you just did today.

I'm proud being able to have fun with a game being made by such an awesome company.
..and this is how a Path of Exile Server explodes.
GGG,

Nice demonstration of transparency! It really makes me trust you guys even more.

Mistakes happen, but its how you handle them that matters most. 10 out of 10 for me, well done.

Lin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info