I Don't Understand Vaal Ice Nova Inquisitor Build Guide (PoE Legion 3.7) Guide

Hello, everyone.

As I said, there is a mechanic I don't get. I'm following a guide that I quite like, but there are some things that bugs me. And I think this is due to my lack of understanding the POE mechanics.

There is one Example that bugs me the most. In the bullet point 5.1 the author is talking about the gem links, clearing and single target set up. Well, I will never be able to afford a 6L but that is not the point here. Looking at the gems he is using a Controlled Destruction Support and Increased Critical Strikes Support as well as Increased Critical Damage Support.

"

For clearing, use the following link.

Vaal Ice Nova
Controlled Destruction Support
Hypothermia Support
Increased Critical Strikes Support
Increased Area of Effect Support
Increased Critical Damage Support

"
For single target, use the following link.

Vaal Ice Nova
Controlled Destruction Support
Hypothermia Support
Increased Critical Strikes Support
Concentrated Effect Support
Increased Critical Damage Support

Why put all the Critical Support gems in it, if you have a "Supported Skills have 100% reduced Critical Strike Chance" in your Link? I don't get it. Can someone explain it to me please?

There are a lot of other things that I don't quite get, but I hope I will figure it out later.

Thank you a lot, here is the link:

https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/vaal-ice-nova-inquisitor-build-guide-legion-37#

Alex
Last bumped on Jul 24, 2019, 12:22:48 PM
wrong thread, sorry
Last edited by Speedjunkie on Jul 24, 2019, 10:52:53 AM
"reduced" critical strikes subtract directly from "increased" critical strikes.
A reduction is basically an "increase" that's negative.

So assuming that build has many other sources of "increased" critical strikes, then the "-100% increase to critical strikes" would be overcome by the numerous increases, and you'd still have a net bonus to crit chance.
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?
Thank you Milchunt!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info