[3.9] Cyclone CoC Shock Nova - Up to 10m+ Shaper dps - Any content - Work with HH too

How well would Arc/Vaal Arc work instead of Shock Nova for the CoC portion of this build?
I tried to play with Arc/Vaal Arc before using Shock Nova. It work, but the range and clear is lower than with SN, and you loose some time compared to SN.

Also, since it don't requier aoe, you can pick more dmg / def nod in tree, but your cyclone is lower, which probably also explain why the clear is under SN. That say, it's probably a better option against boss than SN because of the buff per remaining chain.

Edit : Tested on a t16 and a Hydra, it doesn't seems way better against boss, and more clucky for clear.
Last edited by Siphot on Aug 1, 2019, 4:37:29 PM
"
Siphot wrote:
I tried to play with Arc/Vaal Arc before using Shock Nova. It work, but the range and clear is lower than with SN, and you loose some time compared to SN.

Also, since it don't requier aoe, you can pick more dmg / def nod in tree, but your cyclone is lower, which probably also explain why the clear is under SN. That say, it's probably a better option against boss than SN because of the buff per remaining chain.

Edit : Tested on a t16 and a Hydra, it doesn't seems way better against boss, and more clucky for clear.

Awesome, thanks! I had been theory crafting pretty much your exact build but using CoC Arc instead (before I found this guide), so I appreciate the testing.
Would be nice with a leveling guide to this, where to start your passives and stuff, since i guess you wait until uber lab to be able to start your passives at the shadow tree. Do i just go up and pick up crit and life while leveling?
Also, does this build work well without The eternity shroud and all those items?

Im thinking about this as an league starter for next league, looks really good!
Last edited by pharlig on Aug 2, 2019, 12:40:36 PM
I'm going to try to think about it, it's not easy for me since I did & played that build right after I'd hit 100.

I tried to include a few indications in the gear section, saying here and here you can play with with any crit weapon and a tabula to start, but may be it wasn't clear enought.

Will see if I can do that tomorrow.
"
pharlig wrote:
Would be nice with a leveling guide to this, where to start your passives and stuff, since i guess you wait until uber lab to be able to start your passives at the shadow tree. Do i just go up and pick up crit and life while leveling?
Also, does this build work well without The eternity shroud and all those items?

Im thinking about this as an league starter for next league, looks really good!

I just logged in to write the same thing, trying this out now and struggling a little bit at low level, but im a nuub tho.
Im using this build and liking it, but at lvl 80 and just doing low level maps i die so fast/easly. I dont have the last lab yet tho so no Fortyfy but still...
"
Im using this build and liking it, but at lvl 80 and just doing low level maps i die so fast/easly. I dont have the last lab yet tho so no Fortyfy but still...

Fortify is going to greatly improve your survability as soon as you get it. Also, try to get your level, it's a important part of damage mitigation here. It's the combinaison of blind, dodge, fortify, hp and hight dps that make me survive everything (except deep Aul attacks ...).

For the leveling guide I'm sorry guys, I have trouble finding time to do it atm, eventually I'll do it next league if I go for that build again, but basically it's "pick a tabula, pick a decent crit weapon and a shield and any op gg spell, grab crit and life and pick points beetween right scion and assassin until you have the 4th lab".

Ascendary order should be more:
1. Path to shadow
2. Shadow + start path to duelist
3. Duelist
4. Finish to pick shadow to get the shadow start

And save your regrets points to reroll once you have the 4th lab.

Or just spend regrets to get more life trought scion hp wells on the process and be safer, focus on ranger/shadow part of the tree and later on pick witch part which bring a lot of dps.

My conception here, it's hard to level if you are dead. Also if you want to reach 100, you'd better use another build I made for that :

A detailed review of how I did it on reddit : https://redd.it/c7lg8b with build
Last edited by Siphot on Aug 7, 2019, 8:29:23 AM
Thanks for the answer ! Yes it would probable be better to get Duelist before the shadow start, it only took 5 passives to "link" up the passives with the nodes outside shadow starting point :)
How hc viable is this build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info