Woot I'm Here <3! I have questions!

So this game looks pretty amazing. I been bored on and off with MMO's and gaming in general and been looking for anything like Diablo 3 style but something that is not pay 2 win nor Sorry for sounding rude "asian silly game".

- How long does it take to get to max level?
- Are items sort of very random and how rare can they get? Meaning would even 3 years of grinding find new rare items?
- Is there examples of crazy super stated items they always make me happy inside.
- For Diablo 2 fans what is this game like compared to diablo 2 and what is it missing and if your really up to the challenge what new things does it have over diablo 2?

I just really hope its a game I might enjoy playing for months and months maybe even even years and that has been impossible since I was a young lad like in Diablo, PSO, Anarchy Online days hehe.

Edit: Found out you can just let people know this is a beta many things could still change and that its not a finished product and to hide the 2 year old talking in global chat hehe.
Spoiler
EDIT: Also I never saw a NDA so I better ask before I record are we allowed to record? A lot of my players on http://godcraft.com are Diablo type game fans and I could see us bring in some blood.

Last edited by Kanechart on Apr 5, 2012, 4:59:23 PM
"
Kanechart wrote:
- How long does it take to get to max level?

Right now the max level is 100, but I don't think they expect anyone to come close to it with the current amount of content in the beta. I don't think anyone has ever hit level 80.

"
- Are items sort of very random and how rare can they get? Meaning would even 3 years of grinding find new rare items?

Rare items here are like rare items in Diablo 2. There are billions of possibilities.

"
- Is there examples of crazy super stated items they always make me happy inside.

There are some interesting unique items: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/12056/page/1

I believe the design philosophy is that the absolute best items will be amazing rares. There have been some really impressive ones but I don't remember where they are posted off the top of my head.

"
- For Diablo 2 fans what is this game like compared to diablo 2 and what is it missing and if your really up to the challenge what new things does it have over diablo 2?

This is game is a lot like Diablo 2.

I think perhaps the biggest thing that Diablo 2 has over this game (in the current state) is story. Diablo 2 had some interesting lore and story, but a lot of Path of Exile's story is currently not in the game.

I think Path of Exile wins the category of character and gameplay customization, especially when you consider the ability to make custom leagues. I realize that there was a Diablo 2 modding community, but they didn't have an official backing.

"
Also I never saw a NDA so I better ask before I record are we allowed to record? A lot of my players on http://godcraft.com are Diablo type game fans and I could see us bring in some blood.

As far as I know, they have no problem with people streaming gameplay. The only thing they request is that you disable global chat.
Play the game and find out. The game is similar to Diablo 2. It's in beta so lots of stuff isn't complete or definitive. Enjoy yourself learning the game. I don't see the point on why people ask these sorts of questions.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
A big and I mean big question. How do I know what items are for what classes by just the general item name. Is there a list or something? I find my self wasting so many wisdom scrolls ;(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info